003

Reductio ad absurdum

"Time to close the notifications now,"

"What?" yells Baekhyun, in the way people do when they're wearing earphones and think they're talking normally but they sound like the drunks who spill out of nightclubs in town centres on a Saturday night.

"Oh, nothing. I was just thinking out loud."

Sehun snaps out from his unconscious murmur.

Kyungsoo abruptly tugs off both of Baekhyun's earphones.

"What the heck man you're interrupting my peace!!" Baekhyun rubs his ears, while on the other hand snatching his earphones from Kyungsoo's hands.

Unfortunately, Kyungsoo was faster.

"Heck, Byun Baekhyun! We're in the Sehun's work place. Slow your damn high-pitched duck voice." Kyungsoo gives a sharp glare.

"Excuse your ing soul?? High-pitched duck voice???" This is a total absurd for me!!! I never felt this absurd in my whole lifetime, Oh God!!!"

Baekhyun tries to look cool as calm as possible before, while listening to his playlist on his Iphone. Well said, to attract pretty ladies ofcourse. Baekhyun already could imagine all of those chicks in the cafe squealing over him and praised how cool and how he have that flower-boy-next-door vibe in him. Until, Kyungsoo completely drenched his imagines. And, instead now Baekhyun tries to calm by fanning himself but that doesn't look cool at all.

"Wow, that guy was a total mess," one of the girl students hisses while she walks towards the cafe's exit door, pointing at Kyungsoo's opposite direction aka Baekhyun.

"LOOK AT WHAT HAVE YOU DONE DO KYUNGSOO!!!!!!!!!!!YOU JUST DESTROY A MEN'S REPUTATION TOWARDS LADIES!!!MY PRIDE!!!MY SELF-ESTEEM!!!"

Baekhyun bawls as the world was about to end.

"Have some chill Baekhyun," Sehun taps on Baekhyun's shoulder to comfort him, and giving him a cup of Iced Americano.

"Yooo!! Baekhyun aren't we're Flower Boys who have undefeated visuals, that's why our cafe were always full!!Because of me!!" Chanyeol joins in their conversation, as he pulls a chair to fit into the table.

"Ehem, you mean because of us??" Sehun glares jokely at Chanyeol while lift one of his eyebrows.

"Ah!!Yes!!!!Of course!!!Us yeah yeap," Chanyeol laughs while slapping his thighs with both arms.

Sehun turns his attention to Baekhyun.

"So, what are you listening to just now?" while Sehun's eyes hints to Baekhyun's playlist.

"It's a list of songs all about miracles and how they can teach you the road to inner peace and enlightenment. It's totally fascinating. Do you want to have a listen? We can have an earphone each. I think they'll stretch..." Baekhyun starts trying to untangle them, as he snatched his earphones from Kyungsoo's grip hastily.

"Yeah, nice acting Byun Baek, I just saw your album art was a pic of an idol singer," blurts Kyungsoo.

Baekhyun snorts.

"Man, I'm just trying to look cool damn why you ruined it again." Baekhyun tries to look calm but instead, he seems flustered.

"Ayy, let me check who's song you're playing."

Sehun grabs Baekhyun's Iphone from the table and clicked 'Now playing'.

Sehun stares at the phone's screen in aghast.

 

Luhan - Our Tomorrow ♪♫

 

"YOU?????? LISTEN TO LUHAN'S SONG???????" Chanyeol also looked bewildered, as he grab's Baekhyun's phone.

"Wait— I didn't select this song though, it must be the shuffle. I'm super sure it goes shuffle on itself after Kyungsoo abruptly snatched my earphones away!"

"Well...." Kyungsoo conceded.

His mind still kind of confused with everyone; apparently its only Sehun and Chanyeol but that basically means majority of them were having shock over a friend of them listens to a song which sang by a singer who have been hospitalized.

Yeah, by a soon-almost-become-top-world-star.

Out of the blue, Baekhyun's notification tone pops up, breaking the silence in the air.

Baekhyun's hand quickly grabbed his phone from Chanyeol's grip.

[Naver Story Updated! — 오브스겨르: "The Blind Spotlight" Chapter 3]

Before Baekhyun even expressed his exhilarating feelings, Kyungsoo blurts out of nowhere.

"I can't believe you're into sorts of this ridiculous things,"

"Mr Obscure never have been ridiculous!!" Baekhyun protested eagerly.

Unconsciously, they listened to a similar melody out of nowhere.

"Was it your phone??" Sehun asked Baekhyun.

"No way it would be loudspeaker. I have earphones plugged,"

It's the radio that the cafe plays on.

And the song played were no other than— Wu Yi Fan's There Is A Place.

"What radio even plays a criminal's song?"

"Maybe the DJ were not in the mood to change the playlist,"