The Truth

Broken yet Precious

The lesson is so boring that Tiffany could fall asleep anytime, but she has to pay attention since middle term is around the corner. Just when Tiffany is about to close her eyes for a mere second, a ball of paper was thrown at her. When she open it, a huge draw of a middle finger is in the paper. She doesn’t have to think about who the drawer is. She knew it.

 

Tiffany looks at Yoona who’s flicking her middle finger at Tiffany behind her seat. Without hesitation, Tiffany writes something in the new paper.

 

‘WHAT DO YOU WANT?’

 

And Yoona replies with a bold font with her black marker, ‘AN EXPLANATION FROM YOU!’

 

‘OF WHAT?’

 

‘YOU ARE DATING SOMEONE, AREN’T YOU?’

 

‘I’M NOT!’

 

Yoona is not satisfied with the answer and about to reply her, but then the bell is ringing and the class is already over. She hurriedly walks to Tiffany’s seat and slams her hands on the desk. It was painful but she hide her grimace very well.

 

“Explain it, Hwang.”

 

“Dammit, you’re being so damn nosy. I’m not dating anyone, Lim. Why don’t you trust me?”

 

“Because you refuse to tell me who it is and I assume it’s your boyfriend.”

 

Tiffany facepalms at her friend, “really, Yoona? We’re not in junior high school anymore. I’m not going to hide anything from you. Especially about this thing. If I had a gir—boyfriend, I would gladly introduce he—him to you, don’t you think?”

 

Yoona raises her eyebrows at the mistakes Tiffany was saying. She has a point. If Tiffany date someone, she would introduce them to Yoona without hesitation. At this time, Yoona realize she was being so annoying because she really curious about what Tiffany hides, but she know that Tiffany is not hiding anything; although she is hiding one.

 

The blonde girl pats Tiffany on the shoulder, “alright. I trust you now. I’m terribly sorry for being a .”

 

“It’s okay. Actually, I’m not the one who you should apologize at.”

 

“Then who?”

 

Tiffany sighs before dragging the blonde girl out of the class.

 

/

 

“Yo, Ti—What the are you doing here!?”

 

“Calm down, Yul. She’s here to ap—” Tiffany gets up from her seat. She begins to feel the tension in this room when Yuri saw Yoona.

 

“No. I don’t want an apology from her.”

 

“Then what do you want? A money?” Yoona says, only receiving a glare from Tiffany for making Yuri boiled even more. “Tiffany, can you please leave us alone for a moment? I know it’s your office, but please? It won’t take much time.”

 

Tiffany nods and leaves her office. She ask the other worker to make a cup of tea before she take a seat near where she stand. The weather is cloudy and she think it might be raining soon. Her gaze falls to the empty seat by the window. She misses the figure who usually sits there with a sketch book on the table, drawing something. Jessica hasn’t come here today and Tiffany is already missing her although they just met a few days ago.

 

How the hell Jessica could make Tiffany head over heels in the first sight? But Tiffany worry about one thing. Is Jessica a lesbian too? Or at least a bi. Because Tiffany doesn’t see anything wrong in Jessica. She looks like a woman who likes a man, not a woman. Remembering that, Tiffany sighs. She wouldn’t have a chance to be with Jessica since she doesn’t look like a bi or a lesbian.

 

She crosses her arms on the table and puts her chin on them, slowly drifting into a sleep without drinking the tea that her worker has made for her.

 

/

 

The sound of thunder wakes Tiffany up. She doesn’t know how long she has been sleeping. Her back is aching from the bad position when she was sleeping and her arms are numb from enduring Tiffany’s head for so long. When she stretches her arms, she realizes who’s sitting in front her with black specs and a dark blue cardigan wrapped around her body.

 

She looks at Tiffany and writes something.

 

Good morning, sleepyhead.” She says. Tiffany smiles, what a good thing to wake up to.

 

“How long have you been here? And… it’s not your usually seat.”

 

An hour ago, I guess. It’s okay, I like it anywhere as long as it’s in your café.

 

Tiffany’s face is reddened hearing that.

 

“.” Then she remembers about the angry birds in her office. She excuses herself for a while and walks to her office. She was about to knock until she hears something.

 

Someone is and Tiffany decides to slowly open the door to take a peek although deep in her heart, she want to burst in and take photos of them. But of course she won’t do that. Yoona would kill her.

 

The sight is somehow not surprising Tiffany. Yoona is sitting on Yuri’s lap, wrapping her arms around Yuri’s neck. They are kissing—or making out to be exact. Tiffany walks in, but neither of the lovebirds realize that Tiffany is standing there and watching them. Yuri starts to mark Yoona’s neck with planting hickeys there, making Yoona to moan loudly above her while she kisses Yuri’s ear. Yoona tilts up her head and that’s when she realizes that Tiffany is standing in the room; watching them—or judging.

 

“What the flying , Hwang!? Don’t you know how to knock??” Yoona screams and gets off Yuri’s lap while fixing her bra strap and everything Yuri has touched.

 

“Well, this is MY office and I have the right to come in or out without anyone’s permissions.” Tiffany is still staring at them who’s cleaning the mess. “So…”

 

“Don’t you dare to ask anything.” Yoona orders.

 

“What happened between you guys then?”

 

“ you.” Yoona rolls her eyes, not answering Tiffany. Tiffany’s eyes dart to Yuri but she quickly look away. “Yuri?”

 

Neither of them are saying anything. Tiffany locks the door and blocks the way, so they couldn’t go anywhere. Both of Yuri and Yoona gives her a ‘are-you-serious?’ look at the brunette.

 

“Are you guys dating or just friends with benefits?”

 

“I don’t know.” Yuri and Yoona answers her in the same time, making Tiffany confused.

 

Before asking further questions, she remembers Jessica is waiting outside so she allowed Yoona and Yuri to go although she has lots of question for them. Tiffany leaves them be and goes to Jessica who’s still drawing something. Jessica looks up on her, smiling toward Tiffany before looking back at her sketch.

 

“Hey Jessica.”

 

Jessica tilts her head again.

 

“I learnt some of ‘your’ language.” Jessica smiles so wide this time and it’s the first time Tiffany saw it. It’s so mesmerizing. She brings butterfly to Tiffany’s stomach and Tiffany believes it could burst in no time. Jessica looks so happy when she know Tiffany learnt some of ‘her’ language.

 

I’ll test you!

 

“I just started it few days ago, but I think I already remember some gestures. So, try me.”

 

/

 

Tiffany is chilling with Yoona at her house, watching Netflix as the entertainment while having some wine on their bed. The brunette glances at Yoona’s neck. Some hickeys are too visible to be seen by people and Tiffany thinks Yoona wouldn’t mind with that, but it’s a bit bothering her.

 

“Are you going to stare at my neck all day, Hwang?” Yoona asks without looking at Tiffany, making the brunette blushes.

 

“Yuri is such a beast. I never knew that.”

 

“Well, I can feel it the first time I saw her.”

 

Tiffany looks at Yoona who’s brushing her neck, “did you? How?”

 

“I don’t know. She looked so… manly and cool? I don’t know how to put it in words, but I definitely can feel it.” Yoona smiles remembering when she saw Yuri who was standing with her martini in the hand and leaning on the wall, casually looking around.

 

“But I was wondering, were you actually gay after all this time?”

 

“I was straight as a board and I thought you know that. Until I saw her in the club.” Tiffany doesn’t look anywhere but Yoona who’s still talking while remembering the moment she saw Yuri. “And I don’t know what happened to me that time but something definitely dragged me toward her and I just couldn’t resist her. I tried to stop but my feet kept walking toward her. Eventually I pulled her onto the dance floor and we danced together.”

 

“But what about the whole thing in my office yesterday? How did she forgive you? Because I know she wouldn’t easily forgive someone if they humiliate her. She is crazy when it comes to her dignity.” Tiffany slightly laughing when she said that. She remember how red Yuri’s face was when she was ranting at her.

 

“I begged her to forgive me. At first she refused, but then I leaned closer to her and I caught her holding her breath. That’s the time I used my magic move.”

 

“Your magic move?”

 

Yoona chuckles, “yeah, you know, I leaned so ing close to her until she couldn’t resist it and I brought her hands to my waist and apologized again and again until she forgive me.”

 

“And then?”

 

“We kissed!”

 

Tiffany rolls her eyes, “oh you ing . But, you like her, don’t you?”

 

This time, Yoona looks at Tiffany. She is smiling at the blonde girl but then she frowns when Yoona lowered her head to stare at her bare thighs. It’s not a good sign, isn’t it?

 

“I…I don’t know. I—we have popularity, Tiff. What would the others think if I date a girl?”

 

Yoona’s words are like stabbing Tiffany’s heart. She just realizes this. She and Yoona have popularity to uphold and what would her friends think of her? She want to cry but she couldn’t, especially in front of Yoona.

 

“W-well, if you love someone, you wouldn’t care about the other things, right? Why would you care about what people think of you? Because as far as I know, you are a person who doesn’t care about those things.”

 

The blonde sighs, “it’s a very serious problem, Tiff. I don’t—”

 

“And you were dancing with Yuri intimately in the club. Everyone can see you two. Am I right?”

 

“Yeah, but still, I don’t want people to think of me that way. It’s… so confusing. I had no idea that I would like a girl. Ever. It’s not in my dictionary.”

 

This afternoon’s talking session is not as fun as it used to. It hurts Tiffany remembering she probably couldn’t have Jessica, and Yoona’s words are making it worse. It’s like her wounds are being poured with lots of salt and it hurts her so bad. She want to scream but she couldn’t.

 

At this time, Tiffany doesn’t know what to do about her feelings toward Jessica. Either she has to fight for it or just abandon it before she get hurt even more.

 

/

 

Tiffany excused herself to Yoona to buy some bottles of beer since it’s out of stock at her home, but it’s only a reason for her to meet Jessica. She miss her and want to see her so bad, so she asked Yuri where Jessica’s home is.

 

She arrives at Jessica’s home and stops her engine before fixing herself, but when she’s about to go out, she saw someone—a guy—walks toward Jessica’s home. Tiffany’s heart beats so fast seeing that. What if—

 

And then there’s Jessica opening the door for him. She looks so cute in that red sweater and it makes Tiffany want to hug her tight and not letting her go. But reality strikes her again. Jessica isn’t even hers.

 

Who the hell is that guy?

 

Tiffany tries so hard not to think that he is Jessica’s boyfriend, but the whole world is playing with her. She saw Jessica and that guy hugging intimately. Tiffany doesn’t say anything but starts the engine and drives off from there.

 

 

 

TBC

a/n: I'M REALLY SORRY FOR A LATE UPDATE ;;; i've been so busy with college stuff and this semester has ed me up already T_T i just finished my middle term and found spare time to write this chapter :") btw i hope you guys enjoy this. i'm sorry for any grammar error or mistype etc. have a good day, fellas ♡