That Rainy Day

Broken yet Precious

It’s Sunday afternoon when Tiffany invites Jessica to her house for doing some drawing that Tiffany couldn’t do it. She has been thinking about it since the day she asked Jessica to help her. It would be fun to spend time with Jessica, just the two of them in their free time.

 

The other girl couldn’t stop staring in awe at Tiffany’s house; it’s so big for two people. The interior itself is so expensive. The house is minimalist and Jessica really like it. She sit on the comfy white sofa when Tiffany allow her, waiting for the owner of the house come back from getting drinks for them.

 

“Just tell me if you want something else, okay?”

 

Jessica nods.

 

“So, I want you to help me drawing clothes for my assignment. I will tell you the details. I hope you can understand what I mean.” The other girl laughs as she prepares the drawing tools.

 

As Jessica draws, sometimes, the owner of the house steal a glance of the other girl that sits not too far from her. Jessica looks so pretty in black specs and she looks so much prettier up close. Tiffany has to calm her heart from beating so fast when Jessica scoots closer to Tiffany to show her the work; whether she draw it right or wrong. She examine everything on Jessica’s face and eventually her eyes stop at her lips. Those lips are so kissable. Tiffany want to taste it but there’s no way in hell she would do that.

 

Is this what you needed?

 

Tiffany doesn’t answer and Jessica has to poke her shoulder with pencil.

 

“I’m sorry, what were you saying?”

 

Is this what you needed?

 

Tiffany probably looks like she is checking Jessica’s work, but she is not. Her mind couldn’t work with kissing-Jessica filling her head.

 

“Yeah, this is all I need. Thank you very much, Jessica. I knew I can count on you.”

 

Jessica smiles, packing all the tools back to their place. Tiffany admires Jessica’s work until she remember something.

 

“Hey, Jessi.”

 

Jessica tilts her head to Tiffany, facing the brunette with those innocent eyes that make Tiffany feel so dirty about herself.

 

“I want to know about what you said in the café several days ago.”

 

What I said?

 

Tiffany grabs a small pillow near her waist and hugs it. She doesn’t dare to face Jessica. Obviously she’s hiding her blushing face.

 

“You said I was your inspiration. What made you think so? What did you see in me that time?”

 

Jessica closes her pencil case before leaning back to the couch. Tiffany hate it that Jessica makes her wait.

 

How do I say this? When I saw you, I know what I should draw. I know what I was looking for.” She laughs.

 

“And what were you looking for?”

 

Their eyes meet and Tiffany is expecting something that would make her heart flutter.

 

Just a figure for my painting and you’re a perfect one for it. Don’t get me wrong, okay?

 

Instead, the answer is slighty hurting Tiffany. She doesn’t expect that although she should be happy because she is a perfect one like Jessica was talking about. But something is a bit off from what Jessica said. She mutters ‘oh’ and the room is filled with silence for a couple of minutes before Jessica start another topic.

 

An hour later, Jessica is about to go home and Tiffany her to the front door.

 

“Thank you very much, Jessi. You really helped me.”

 

She smiles, “don’t mention it. I’m glad I could help you.

 

They are staring at each other for a mere seconds, “are you busy tomorrow?

 

“No, I only have a class in the morning. At ten o’clock.” She shrugs, “why?”

 

You want to have lunch together? I will pick you up at your school.

 

Everything goes blank in Tiffany’s head until Jessica has to poke her in the cheek which make the brunette blush even more.

 

You okay?

 

“Y-yeah, I’m good.”

 

So, how’s the plan? Sounds good?

 

“Cool. See you tomorrow, Jessi.”

 

Jessica walks away from Tiffany’s porch after she got the name of Tiffany’s university and Tiffany closes the door. She stands with her back against the door, still doesn’t believe what just happened. Jessica asked her to have lunch tomorrow and will pick her up at the school. She jumps in excitement and couldn’t stop yelling and singing for few hours.

 

Sure thing it made her want to sleep early tonight.

 

/

 

“Sis, are you going to use the car today?” Krystal’s head pop out from the door, causing the older sister to unplug one of her earphones.

 

No, I’m going to have a lunch with a friend, but I don’t have a plan to use the car. Just use it if you want.

 

Krystal frowns as she approach her sister, “with Yuri?”

 

Tiffany.

 

“You’ve promised me to introduce her to me.”

 

I will, but not now, okay?

 

The little sister sighs before planting a kiss on Jessica’s cheek, “I’m going to school. See you later, sis. I love you.”

 

I love you too, Krys. Be careful on road.

 

As the front door is being closed, Jessica gets up of her seat and makes her way to the kitchen to prepare herself a breakfast. Krystal usually eats cereal so Jessica doesn’t have to get up early to feed her little sister before she goes to school.

 

Bacon and omelette are ready to get chowed on and a glass of coffee is there as well, accompanying her morning. As she sip her coffee, a thought of she asked Tiffany to have a lunch together passes through her mind. It was a sudden invitation, Jessica didn’t have a thought of it before. It was just slipped out of her lips without she even realize it.

 

She sighs, putting the glass on the desk before going to her room to draw something to ease the thoughts of having lunch with Tiffany and leaving her breakfast, untouched.

 

Damn, what’s wrong with me?

 

/

 

It’s raining in the town, making Jessica to groan when she saw it through the window. She didn’t realize it since she was so into her work until she stood up to grab a glass of water in the kitchen. It’s almost eleven thirty and Jessica hasn’t ready to pick up Tiffany at her school. She makes a quick shower and prepares anything she needs before grabbing an umbrella and walking out of the house.

 

Maybe today is not going to be good, Jessica thought.

 

/

 

Tiffany couldn’t stop staring at the front gate since it could be seen from her class. Yoona who’s sitting behind her is getting curious about this person who Tiffany has been waiting for since this morning. The brunette couldn’t stop smiling and acting so weird today and Yoona was thinking that she got stressed because of the endless homeworks, but she didn’t. She was waiting for someone to pick her up. Yoona knew it because Tiffany often goes home right after the bell rings.

 

“Who are you waiting for?”

 

“What?”

 

“You heard me, boo.”

 

Tiffany frowns, “don’t ‘boo’ed me, you lesbo. It should be Yuri, isn’t it?”

 

“ you. It was an—”

 

“Blah blah blah. I don’t give a about your excuse.”

 

“Jerk!”

 

The other girl giggles at her pissed friend as Yoona walks back to her seat and pouts. Tiffany never say anything about this friend of her and she is disappointed because Tiffany used to tell all of her friends to Yoona, but this time she keeps it as a secret.

 

Not long after that, Tiffany’s eyes catch a familiar figure standing near the front gate, playing her phone under a transparent umbrella—probably checking her social medias. Tiffany stands up and approaches the pissed-off-blonde-girl behind her.

 

“See you tomorrow, lesbo.”

 

“Stop calling me that, jerk!”

 

Tiffany laughs and walks out of the class, leaving Yoona with some of her classmates. She pouts as she packs all of her stuff on the desk, until something comes up in her head. In a split of second, Yoona carelessly shoves her stuffs into her bag and runs out of the class; hoping she’s not late for it.

 

/

 

“Hello, Jessica.” Tiffany greets as she runs toward the blonde while covering her head with her bag, making the blonde to lift up her head from the phone. Jessica smiles and gives Tiffany a part of her umbrella for her shelter. Tiffany was expecting Jessica to bring her car since it’s raining, but she is not disappointed with that. Probably walking with Jessica in the rain would be great.

 

“I’m sorry I made you waiting so long.”

 

Jessica shakes her head, signing Tiffany that she’s not waiting that long. Later she writes something on her phone, “Is it okay for you to walk? I don’t feel like driving today. I’m sorry if I’m being selfish, but I kinda like walking in the rain.

 

“It’s okay. Shall we?” And they walks away from Tiffany’s university.

 

/

 

The rain is still pouring the city as Jessica and Tiffany talks in the diner where they are having lunch. Tiffany blushes everytime she steal a glance when Jessica isn’t looking; remembering what Jessica did when they were on their way to the diner.

 

Tiffany was shivering because her clothes is quite wet and Jessica was sensitive enough to realize it. She took her jacket off her and placed it around Tiffany, leaving her body only with her black v-neck and causing them to have a little debate since Tiffany didn’t want Jessica to have cold. After all, Jessica won after she threatened Tiffany that she would leave her in the rain.

 

Jessica also held Tiffany’s hand as they walked on the pavement. Tiffany had no idea why she did that but she didn’t complain; she actually like it. Jessica’s hand was soft and a bit bigger than hers. Her fingers wrapped perfectly around Tiffany’s. As she held her hand, Tiffany no longer felt cold. Her entire body was suddenly became warm.

 

Tiffany, you okay?

 

Hearing that, Tiffany snaps out of her thought, “y-yeah, I’m sorry I zoned out.”

 

What were you saying about your friends in the club?

 

Remembering Yoona’s face, Tiffany lets out a small giggle, “I have a bestfriend at school whose name is Yoona, and Yuri is my bestfriend as well in the café. I meant, I knew her because she worked for me and we become bestfriends.” Jessica nods as she is saying ‘uh-huh’. “Then, Yoona and I went to a club several days ago and found out they had a quickie there.”

 

Did they know each other before?

 

“No, they did not. That’s why I was so freaking surprised when Yoona told me that.”

 

Jessica chuckles at her story, “I mean, out of million people in this world, why Yoona and Yuri? It could be Yoona with… with Jennifer Lawrence, or Yuri with Megan Fox.”

 

It’s more impossible, Tiffany. They are famous actresses when your friends are not.” This time Jessica laughs so heartily, making Tiffany to flutter seeing that. She is so beautiful when she is laughing and smiling. Even without a voice, Tiffany feels like she know what her voice would be like if she wasn’t mute. It makes Tiffany wondering why the hell God has to make this beautiful creature to be mute.

 

He is so unfair—so ing unfair.

 

“It could be, but whatever. I still can’t believe two of my bestfriends were having a quickie. I didn’t even know Yuri was there!”

 

Jessica laughs again and it makes Tiffany flutter even more.

 

happens, Tiff.

 

And this time, Tiffany is pretty sure that she has lost in Jessica’s eyes when their eyes meet once again.

 

/

 

The front door is being slammed, making all of the guest looking at Yoona who’s hurriedly walking toward Tiffany’s office. Unfortunately when she tried to open the door, it’s locked. Yuri sees Yoona from the bar and approaches her since she quite made a fuss.

 

“Hey, what are you doing? Don’t—”

 

“I’m looking for Tiffany. Where is she!?”

 

“She hasn’t came here since this morning.”

 

Yoona mumbles, “, where is she?”

 

“What’s wrong?”

 

“None of your business, woman.” And Yoona storms out of the coffee shop, making Yuri speechless at Yoona’s attitude.

 

“You rude motherer!”

 

Yuri has no idea why Tiffany would be friend with Yoona and obviously her behavior toward Yuri is affecting her day. She becomes a grumpy woman and scares the hell out of her co-workers.

 

/

 

The lunch was finished half an hour ago and now they are in front of Tiffany’s coffee shop. Tiffany decided to do some of her homeworks there instead of in her own home. The weather is drizzling and Tiffany told Jessica to stop by at the shop until the drizzle stops but Jessica refused. Krystal might be at home by now and she doesn’t want to leave her alone—plus she has some works to be done.

 

“Thanks for the lunch, Jessi. We should have another lunch, dinner, or even breakfast.” Tiffany chuckles.

 

Definitely. Just call me if you want to or come to my house.

 

“Cool.”

 

Bye, Tiffany.

 

“Bye. Be careful.”

 

I will.

 

Seeing Jessica’s back slowly disappear from her sight makes a part of Tiffany sad because she doesn’t know when she would meet her again. She couldn’t just come to her house or call her out of the blue. It would be so weird.

 

She sighs as she pushes the door of her café, only to be greeted by the weird atmosphere that Yuri has caused. Tiffany’s eyebrows raise and nudge one of her staff who’s just finished cleaning the table.

 

“What’s going on here? The atmosphere doesn’t feel good.”

 

“Yuri is being so grumpy. She got a horrible treatment from a customer that probably it was one of your friend.”

 

“My friend?”

 

“Yeah, I’m sorry I kinda forgot what her name is.”

 

Tiffany has no idea who it is but then a name crosses in her mind, “was that Yoona?”

 

“Oh yeah, it was her.”

 

“For God’s sake, what the hell was she doing here?” She mumbles as she approaches Yuri. Probably Tiffany is the only one who brave enough to approach her in the past hours. But before Tiffany could say something to Yuri—even greet her—the angry lady is throwing her napkin to the floor and dragging Tiffany out of the bar.

 

“Come here. I need to talk to you about something.”

 

Tiffany gets pulled by the collar and when she realizes, she is already in her own office, facing the angry lady.

 

“What the is wrong with your friend, huh?”

 

“I don’t understand what the hell is going on, Yuri. I don’t even know what she had done to you.”

 

Yuri groans, “that girl, whatever her name is, suddenly came and slammed the door. She tried to open your office but it was locked. She said she was looking for you and she looked angry and I don’t ing know why and I don’t ing care!” Tiffany nods. Frankly, she is quite scared by Yuri because her tone is high already. She rarely gets mad and Tiffany can feel that Yuri is furious and she doesn’t dare to interrupt her story.

 

“The problem is, she ing humiliated me in front of everyone!”

 

“Humiliate you?

 

“Yes. She yelled at me and you know it that I don’t like getting yelled at!”

 

“Yeah, I know it. And?”

 

“I can understand if she yelled at me when I did something wrong, but all I did was asking her what is she doing here. And do you know what I got from her?”

 

“What?”

 

“A ing ‘this-is-none-of-your-business-woman’ bull.” Yuri mimics the way Yoona said it earlier. Tiffany wants to laugh so badly but it would make Yuri even furious, so she tries so hard to hide it. She know that tone because she know Yoona very well. No wonder if Yuri got mad by it because Tiffany often gets mad by it as well.

 

“Calm down, Yu—”

 

“Do not ing tell me to calm down right now, Tiff. I don’t understand something. You know what that is?”

 

“What?”

 

“I don’t understand why would you be friends with a rude like her.”

 

Tiffany chuckles, “she is not rude. She was just mad because I didn’t tell her where I went to and with whom.”

 

“Why didn’t you just tell her!? Because if you did, I wouldn’t get humiliated by her!”

 

Tiffany slumps in her sofa, playing with her fingers because she just realize that it was her mistake too for not telling Yoona about Jessica. But she doesn’t want Yoona to know her, at least not now—and she didn’t expect that Yuri would be Yoona’s victim. She forgot that Yoona could be a curious little who would annoy everyone until she get what she wants.

 

“O-okay, I’m so sorry, but I—”

 

“I don’t want to hear your excuse now. Please let me—oh my God!”

 

Tiffany’s eyes move to Yuri who’s covering , “what?”

 

“I did have a quickie with that little .”

 

Hearing that, Tiffany immediately covers her whole face with her hands. She tries to hold her laughter but she fails.

 

“ you, Tiffany. you and your friend. I’m going home.”

 

Yuri slams the door, leaving Tiffany who’s still laughing her off. It’s so inappropriate for laughing when Yuri was letting out her anger, but Tiffany couldn’t help it. She will apologize to Yuri later but what’s crossing in her mind right now is: it’s going to be hard to unite them.

 

Damn your curiousity, Lim Yoona.

 

 

TBC

a/n: hello! i'm sorry for the long update. I actually lack of idea for this chapter and i found it so hard to get an inspiration, but eventually i did haha i hope you guys enjoy it :3 don't forget to drop comments so i know what you guys think of this chapter (and my fic) lol have a nice day, lovelies~

oh i'm sorry if there's too much swear words (_ _)