Her Inspiration

Broken yet Precious

The sound of birds chirping on the branch echoes throughout Tiffany’s room, making the girl opens her eyes after a long slumber. A sunlight filters through Tiffany’s yellow curtain only to hit her face. She groans and rolls over her stomach, nuzzling into the pillow for another fifteen-minutes sleep but another figure at the other side of her bed makes her realize that she is not alone.

 

Oh right, Yoona is sleeping over.

 

Her head is killing her, the pain hasn’t gone and she really need more sleep to ease it away. Suddenly Yoona jolts up, making Tiffany shriek at the action.

 

“What the hell, Yoona?”

 

“Holy , I have an exam this morning!” She immediately grabs her clothes and jeans that have been on the floor since they hit the bed last night. Yoona has this habit sleeping only with her bra and her underwear that sometimes Tiffany get just by seeing her. Well, nobody could resist Yoona, even Tiffany. She is so pretty and so many guys (or probably girls as well) are into her. The sun light up her skin, making it glowing beautifully—and that’s when Tiffany notice those hickeys on Yoona’s neck that probably a stranger’s marks. Tiffany her lips at her sight, creeping Yoona out as she pull up her jeans to her waist.

 

“What’s wrong with you, Hwang?”

 

Her voice makes Tiffany realize that she has been so creepy at her bestfriend. She pulls up the blanket over her shoulder and her back faces Yoona. “Nothing.”

 

“You were daydreaming, weren’t you?” Yoona laughs, “dirty-daydreaming.”

 

“Get lost, Yoong.” The doe-eyed girl laughs even more as she puts her make up to cover her bed-face before going to the campus. “Au revoir.” She said as she closed the door, leaving Tiffany alone on her bed—thinking about what just has happened.

 

The pain in her head strikes again and she decided to get some sleep until it gets better.

 

/

 

Today is a nice day to get some coffee in her own café; especially when Yuri is the one who made it. Everything would be perfect because Tiffany loves Yuri’s coffee so much. She is a dedicated barista; Tiffany once said that to Yuri, only to get ‘you’re exaggerating’ from the barista and Tiffany doesn’t have a plan to compliment her ever again; but maybe someday.

 

Tiffany stretches up her body after a long work, sometimes massaging her temples to ease the headache. Suddenly she remember Jessica and the language she wanted to learn so she can communicate with Jessica easily. She hums as she scrolls through the website that selling books about ‘how-to-learn-a-deaf-language’. After two hours of searching for a good book, she finally ordered it and probably would be arrived in the next two days. She get excited just by imagining she and Jessica would get more connected if she mastered the language.

 

Suddenly knocks could be heard on the door of her office. Tiffany gives an approval for whoever it was to come in. And it’s Yoona who has just came back from the campus. Her face looks so depressed after the exam. Tiffany merely laughs, “how was the exam?”

 

“ it. I don’t care anymore.”

 

“Really? Your face didn’t say so.”

 

She places her forehead on Tiffany’s desk, saying something in a language that’s more like an alien language because Tiffany couldn’t comprehend it at all.

 

“Looks like you need something cold to drink. Or do you want something hot?”

 

“A cold one, thank you.”

 

Tiffany chuckles before getting up to reach Yuri to make a green tea latte for Yoona. They talk about how the exam was going while they are waiting for the latte. Yoona didn’t study at all for the exam (it’s obvious since she just remembered it this morning), and she hope she would make it. Tiffany only rolls her eyes, thinking how could you pass something that you didn’t study for? But she just keep it in her mind; she doesn’t have a heart to say that to her depressed friend.

 

Knocks could be heard again and Yuri comes in, bringing Yoona’s latte on a tray with a croissant next to the glass.

 

“There you go.”

 

“Thank you, Yuri.”

 

As Yoona lifts her head to reach her latte, she sees Yuri in the corner of her eyes and looks at her. The look in Yuri and Yoona’s eyes are horrifying as their glances met. Suddenly both of them yells, “OH MY GOD!”

 

Tiffany chokes on her coffee hearing the scream, “what the hell?!”

 

And she couldn’t unsee the red face on her friends’ face. What? What happened between these two? Tiffany is so curious.

 

“What’s going on, guys?”

 

Yuri storms out of the room without saying anything. Tiffany is now looking at Yoona who’s blushing as hell; her hand is covering her eyes because she couldn’t look Tiffany in the eye. She knows that Tiffany would question her.

 

“What the is going on, Lim Yoona?”

 

“I-it’s nothing.”

 

“Really?”

 

“Y-yeah.”

 

“Yoona?”

 

“What?”

 

“Are you serious?”

 

“Y-yes…”

 

Tiffany crosses her arm, still locking her eyes at the blushing girl in front of her. She won’t move until Yoona answer her question.

 

“You know, we are bestfriend, right?”

 

“Yes, we are.”

 

“And Yuri is my bestfriend as well and something is going on between my bestfriends. I need to know.”

 

Yoona covers her whole face now, making Tiffany more curious about what happened between these two. The blushing girl is leaning her back on the couch, staring at Tiffany with those eyes that’s more like begging to Tiffany to stop but she know Tiffany wouldn’t do so until she get what she want.

 

“Okay, that girl and I had a quickie at the club yesterday.”

 

Tiffany stays in her position until her brain is functioning enough to comprehend what Yoona just said. “What the actual , Lim Yoona!?”

 

“You heard me.”

 

“I didn’t know you are into girls!”

 

“Say it louder until the whole world heard it, Hwang!”

 

Tiffany still couldn’t believe it that two of her bestfriends had something intimate and somehow it grosses her out. It doesn’t satisfy her enough.

 

“How did you remember? You were drunk, weren’t you?”

 

“We had a moment when we looked each other in the eye, and that’s when I got her face memorized. It’s so clear in my head.”

 

“Oh my God.”

 

Yoona is about to get up of her seat to end this session, but it’s not happening since Tiffany hold her hand to prevent her doing so. Curiousity eats her alive.

 

“Who’s the dominant?”

 

“Did you just ask that?”

 

“Answer me.”

 

Yoona groans, “that girl.”

 

“Oh my God!”

 

“Enough. I want to go home.”

 

“You can’t. Who started it?”

 

Yoona closes her eyes, trying to get rid of those images of them having . But the images are getting clearer each time and Yoona couldn’t get rid of it.

 

“Me.”

 

“Holy ing .” Tiffany covers , staring at Yoona whose face is so red. She is obviously blushing like mad. “Where did you—”

 

“Stop it, Tiffany.”

 

“One more question. Where did you have—”

 

Without letting Tiffany finish her words, Yoona interrupt her. “Inside the bathroom stall. Satisfied?”

 

Yoona storms out of Tiffany’s office, leaving the other girl alone with her hand still on the mouth. She couldn’t imagine her bestfriends are having a quickie in the club. It’s weird. Really weird finding out that the two of your bestfriends were having an intimate thing with each other. It’s so ing weird. Tiffany wish she could stop thinking about Yuri and Yoona, but she couldn’t. It disturb her so much. Until Yuri knocks the door and comes in to Tiffany’s office to get the glass of Yoona’s green tea latte earlier.

 

“I’m going to get t—what’s wrong with you, Tiff?”

 

“Yoona started it, didn’t she?”

 

“Excuse me?”

 

“That girl, who you ed last night named Lim Yoona.”

 

Remembering that, Yuri blushes. She brings the tray closer to her chest, hugging it tightly. Tiffany laughs at the sight of her blushing friend.

 

“She did.”

 

“How?” Yuri is easier to get lured, Tiffany thinks.

 

“I don’t really remember, but she came to me when I was alone. She said she need a company, so we danced together and then she kissed me out of the blue…” Yuri couldn’t finish it. She remember how soft Yoona’s lips are when they were kissing. She remember how Yoona’s arms are locked around her neck, somehow bringing Yuri’s body closer to Yoona’s. She also remember when Yoona came to her as she sway her body and grab Yuri’s hands and put them on her waist. Frankly Yuri remember everything. She lied to Tiffany.

 

“And?”

 

“I swear it was her that started everything of it. Not me.”

 

Tiffany rolls her eyes and smiles right after, “chillax, sista.”

 

“Then she dragged me to the bathroom stall and we made out. That’s where the whole quickie thing started.” Yuri blushes again. “Oh God, I thought it would be only a one-night stand. I have no idea that she’s your friend—your bestfriend.”

 

And Tiffany is finally satisfied to get everything she wanted to know. So those hickeys are Yuri’s. Then Tiffany is thinking to be their matchmaker. It would be fun.

 

/

 

A few days later after, Tiffany is chilling with Yuri in the café; drinking hot drinks, talking, laughing together. Until a post man came to give Tiffany’s package, which is the book she ordered few days ago. Yuri curiously looks at the book and she is kind of surprised seeing it. What has gotten into Tiffany until she ordered that book?

 

“What’s that book for?”

 

“It’s for me to communicate with Jessica. Don’t you think she get tired to write those she wanted to say? So I think I have to learn her language to make it easier for her to talk to me.”

 

Yuri merely hummed against the cup, still eyeing Tiffany who’s examining the first page of the book. She looks so excited.

 

Not long after their conversation, the bell clangs, signing the owner and the barista that they have another guest. It’s Jessica with her casual outfit, bringing a bag of sketching kit that slings around her neck. This time, she wears a black framed glasses that suit her so well. She waves to Yuri and Tiffany before going to her favorite place. Yuri follows her with a menu in her hand. Tiffany examines them, waiting for Yuri to leave and approach the blonde girl. As Yuri leaves, Tiffany approaches Jessica who’s about to draw something in her sketch book.

 

“Hello, Jessica.”

 

Jessica tilts her head and smiles, somehow makes Tiffany’s stomach curls at the sight.

 

Hello, Tiffany.

 

“Homework?”

 

No, I’m just looking for an inspiration.

 

Tiffany hums. She look at the empty seat in front of Jessica, “Do you mind?”

 

Go ahead.” That smile doesn’t leave and it make Tiffany want to bang her face against the wall.

 

Tiffany examines everything Jessica does. Her hands are expertly moving against the sketch book, drawing something that Tiffany wouldn’t know until she show her—if she want to. She is really into drawing, so Tiffany doesn’t want to disturb her.

 

She changes her view to people who’s wandering outside the café. She notices that homeless  that usually sits in his place with his dog. Tiffany ever overheard some people who’s talking about him in the café. His wife left him with another man and he got depressed for a few years until he doesn’t have anything left; job, house, and kids. And that dog, it’s following him after he feed it some other day. It must be so lonely to live only with his dog who couldn’t talk, Tiffany thought.

 

The weather is a perfect on to sleep all day long; it’s cloudy and dark. Probably, tonight will be raining hard and Tiffany would be so glad to sleep early, but then she remember she has a task to finish. She sighs again for the nth time, getting Jessica’s attention.

 

What’s wrong?” She asks.

 

“Nothing, I just remember that I have something to be done tonight when all I want to do is sleep in this kind of weather.”

 

Jessica laughs, “I know. This weather is so perfect to sleep peacefully. Pulling up your blanket over your shoulder and going to the dream land.

 

Tiffany sighs again until she get poked by Jessica who’s showing her the sketch book. It’s a drawing of Tiffany when she is looking outside and thinking earlier. It’s so beautiful how Jessica drew it. Tiffany couldn’t say anything but gasping like a fish that needs water. Jessica laughs again.

 

“It’s so beautiful, Jessi!”

 

Jessi?

 

Tiffany realizes what she just said, “I-I mean Jessica. I didn’t know where that ‘Jessi’ came from. I’m sorry.”

 

It’s okay. Jessi is nice.” She smiles and Tiffany couldn’t hide her excitement.

 

“Can I keep it?”

 

Of course you can. It’s not my best, but I will draw you again someday.

 

Her heart could burst in no time hearing that. It’s like the best thing that happened to Tiffany that day. Tiffany looks at the draw again, amazed by it. So Jessica was drawing her since she got here. How come Tiffany didn’t realize it? She could have posed better, but it’s still good. Oh, how narcissistic.

 

“Thank you, Jessi.”

 

You’re welcome. By the way, if you need help with drawing, just ask me. I could help you.”

 

And that’s the second best thing that happened today to Tiffany. It means, she could spend more time with Jessica. I’m sorry, Taeyeon, probably I would call Jessica for this.

 

“Hey, you said you were looking for an inspiration.”

 

I found it already.

 

Tiffany raises her eyebrows, staring at Jessica in disbelief.

 

“What is that? Do you mind telling me?”

 

It’s you..”

 

///////

a/n: i'm sorry if it's too long. i got too engrossed while writing this chapter. i'm sorry if jeti hasn't appeared more than you guys expected. but they will, just be patient :) thank you for reading. good.... morning? *it's 1AM here in my place haha* *passes out*