That Moment

Broken yet Precious

Who doesn’t love Tiffany Hwang? A beautiful girl who’s every man’s dream, smart, popular girl who loves to go to parties with her friends, has everything she wants. Just say, what Tiffany wants, she gets. Oh please, she is a daddy’s little girl. Her dad’s wealth is a plus point. But hey, she own a famous coffee shop in the town—not forgetting it’s a famous one—and she handle it by herself. Just by knowing it, a lot of people would fall in love to this almost perfect girl.

 

Almost perfect. The irony.

 

But, no one on earth is perfect. So does Tiffany. She has something that she keeps since she realize it—perhaps when she was in secondary school. But sadly she cannot tell anyone about it.

 

She know it will ruin everything. It will ruin her life.

 

That single thing could ruin every piece of happiness that she currently has. Boyfriend, she can have one if she want to; but for now, Tiffany remains single because she doesn’t have time for such thing as boyfriend. Exes, she has several more than six men who want her to be with them again. Money, her dad will give her without her asking for it. Friends, everyone wants to be friends with her.

 

Although she has a good life, her happiness is like a puzzle. It’s not yet completed. Some things are missing. Tiffany doesn’t know how much pieces of that puzzles are gone and where they went, but Tiffany believes someday she will collect all of them and make a perfect puzzle of her life.

 

Tiffany sighs as she closes her text book and clears everything up on her table. Her stomach already growls and needs to be fed immediately.

 

But before she get up from her seat, she eyes her friend who is sleeping peacefully before she got thrown by a ball of paper.

 

“Get the hell up, Choi Sooyoung!” Taeyeon yells as she places her hands on her waist.

 

“Hey, what the hell was that for!?”

 

“To wake you up of course. Hurry up, I’m starving!”

 

While Tiffany still looking at her friends, Yoona approaches her and sits on the table next to Tiffany’s. She smiles to Tiffany before she speak. Oh, how Tiffany loves it when she smiles. It’s so cute that sometimes she want to keep Yoona in her pocket.

 

Everyone wants to be Tiffany’s friend, but Tiffany still chooses this small group of hers with Yoona, Taeyeon, Sunny, and Sooyoung in it.

 

Yoona is her bestfriend among those girls. She knows Tiffany very well, more than anyone in this world. They loves hanging out after school—just the two of them when the other didn’t want to tag along. Yoona knows Tiffany so well, so does Tiffany. She thinks that they meant to be bestfriends, because Yoona always know what to do in every situation.

 

“You wanna come?”

 

“Of course. I’m so freaking hungry.” The answer makes Yoona giggles.

 

“Everyone is hungry right now. Even Taeyeon become a grumpy old man now.”

 

“Hey, I can hear you, Yoona!” Taeyeon yells from across the classroom, making Tiffany and Yoona giggles again as they heard Taeyeon. But Yoona is right. Taeyeon can be a grumpy old man when she’s hungry; although she’s not as scary as Sooyoung. That girl is a monster when she is hungry.

 

As Tiffany sees Sooyoung finally stand up from her seat, she let out a relieve sigh and mumble to herself.

 

“Finally. Took her so long to get up from the freaking chair.”

 

/

 

“Are you busy after school?” Yoona asks as she clean everything up on her desk as the bell rings, signing all the student that the school for today is already over. Tiffany merely shakes her head.

 

“Kind of. I have some works to be done. Some stuffs in the coffee shop are kinda messed up and one of my co-worker couldn’t do it alone. She needs my help...” She says, with her eyes on the books and every stuffs on her desk. “…or actually I’m the one that needs her help.”

 

Yoona chuckles, “that’s too bad. I was about to invite you to the new club n—”

 

“No clubs for this month, Yoong. Remember?”

 

“Again? Why?”

 

“Because we have tons of homework and I have to handle my coffee shop as well. Don’t underestimate them.”

 

Yoona rolls her eyes. Tiffany could be such a nerd when she is stressed out. Although Yoona knows that her bestfriend would come and join her when she reach her limit. But it’s been two months since Yoona and Tiffany hang out when they used to go to clubs every Saturday night and she miss it.

 

“It’s been two months, Tiff. Come on.”

 

“I’m sorry I can’t, Yoong. You can go without me, right?”

 

The taller girl sighs. She couldn’t force Tiffany just because she misses those times when they were dancing on the dance floor and drinking until one of them pass out. Tiffany’s job and school are more important for her than just by hanging out with Yoona.

 

“Alright then. See you tomorrow, Tiff.”

 

/

 

The bell clang as Tiffany pushes the door and immediately rushes to her office; not forgetting to drag Yuri who was making some glasses of coffee with her.

 

“What the hell, Tiff?” Yuri is obviously confused when she found out she is already in Tiffany’s office within several seconds, sitting there with a carton of milk in her hand, dumbfounded.

 

“I’m so ed up!”

 

“Why? What’s happening?”

 

“First of all, please put that carton of milk to its place. It’s so disturbing.”

 

“Who the hell dragged me while I was making coffees for your customers without saying anything?” Yuri roses up from her seat and exits the room to pass the job to another worker. She comes back and sits in front of the stressed out girl.

 

“What happened?”

 

“College life is so hard. So much things to be done in one day but I don’t know where to start. Homeworks or this damn coffee shop’s things.”

 

“I know, right?” Yuri laughs, crossing her arms. “Even 24 hour is not enough for a girl like you.”

 

Tiffany throws her head back, her eyes looking at the white ceiling upon her and Yuri. So many things wandering in her head and she doesn’t know where to start. And Yuri’s voice interrupts her.

 

“Since you are here, how about finishing those stuffs and homeworks later?”

 

/

 

It’s almost ten in the evening when Tiffany finishes all of the problem in her coffee shop—and Yuri almost finish her shift as well. Luckily it went smooth because she was so into her work and she didn’t want anyone to disturb her, except Yuri who was helping her in the office and the other co-workers making beverages outside Tiffany’s office. It was one of those busy days for Yuri.

 

Both of them sits in the leather sofa in Tiffany’s office, holding their drinks. Yuri made her a green tea latte, but she got a complain from the boss because it’s not strawberry latte. After all, Tiffany drinks it. She just wanted to have a little joke.

 

After they finished their small chit-chat, they walks out of Tiffany’s office. As soon as she lifts up her head after fixing her jeans, her eyes catches a figure who’s sitting in the corner of the room. Eyes alternately on the laptop’s screen to the sketch book on the table—looks like she is drawing something. That black framed glasses on her face makes that person look so nerdy and beautiful. Tiffany never find a nerdy person is attractive, but this one is succeed to make her heart flutter in the first sight and Tiffany doesn’t understand why.

 

“Hey, blondie!” Tiffany jumped in surprise as she heard Yuri greeted that girl. Looks like they are friends since Yuri looks so friendly to her—well, she’s never being that friendly to people.

 

Tiffany couldn’t hear what they are talking about and Tiffany doesn’t want to disturb them. She waits near the coffee maker machine, looking up on her phone to avoid an awkward situation she is in. Not long after she puts her phone into her pocket, Yuri approaches her and pats her back, signing her that she’s finished with that girl.

 

Before Tiffany make a move to exit the coffee shop, she takes a glance at that girl who is actually looking at her as well. That moment, Tiffany realizes she isn’t breathing for a few seconds. Those eyes are captivatingly beautiful behind those glasses and making Tiffany’s heart beats faster than it used to.

 

She quickly looks away, trying to calm her heart down. Her breath is fastened and Yuri is sensitive enough to recognize that.

 

“You okay?”

 

“I-I’m okay. I’m okay. Everything is fine!”

 

“You sure?”

 

“Y-yeah! Don’t worry.”

 

“If you say so.”

 

From the coffee shop until she reached her bed and about to sleep, her mind couldn’t stop thinking about that nerd-look-like girl. She is amazed at how she caught Tiffany’s attention just by doing nothing to her. How those eyes stared at Tiffany’s and made Tiffany breathless for a few seconds. And how her brown sweatshirt and dark blue jeans looks so great on her.

 

She shakes her head and turns her body, facing the wall. She remembers everything that happened in the coffee shop. She shuts her eyes, trying so hard to sleep but she failed. That girl haunted Tiffany.

 

She wonders if they can meet again by accident. Tiffany was hoping that Yuri would introduce her to that girl, but she didn’t and that make Tiffany pissed off just by remembering how stupid Yuri was for not doing that.

 

But eventually, Tiffany could sleep peacefully at three in the morning.

 

If people curious and wanted to know about something that Tiffany hide from every creature in this world even her best friends, it’s Tiffany’s uality and that girl is becoming a part of her secret. Tiffany is a er for women and not even a fan of .

 

To be clear, she is a lesbian.