Party

Broken yet Precious

The lunch was nice—literally very nice. Tiffany and Jessica were talking a lot about their life; college’s life, family, friends, and the other things to talk about. It was so fun until both of them forgot that it’s already evening and they have to go home.

 

Tiffany found out that Jessica has a little sister that none other than Krystal. She promised to Tiffany that she will introduce her to Krystal someday if they got a chance to meet again. And how that promised keep wandering in Tiffany’s head even though Tiffany is already at her home, laying down on her comfy king-sized bed and now she’s staring at the ceilings; recalling every moments she had with Jessica in the restaurant.

 

It’s hard to forgot Jessica’s smile when she was listening to Tiffany and she realized her heart was about to jump out of her chest everytime she saw it.

 

It was sincere and sweet; Tiffany really like it.

 

Tiffany felt a bit sad for Jessica because she had to write every single thing she was about to talk to her. She bet her hand is hurt because she had to write that much for Tiffany. Also, Jessica told her that when she and Krystal talks, Jessica doesn’t have to write anything because Krystal understand what she meant by her gestures. Their parents taught her, Jessica said in the paper. Isn’t it called deaf and mute language? Tiffany murmured to herself.

 

Oh, how Tiffany would love to learn that language too, so Jessica wouldn’t have to write a word.

 

And she found herself already sitting in the chair in front of her laptop to search how and where to learn it.

 

/

 

The house is so quite right now. Everything is calm; the sound of her Hi-Fi playing some indie songs in low volume is the only thing that filling the silence in the living room. She is dragging her mouse across the mousepad, making something in her MacBook for her assignment. The clicking noise doesn’t bother her at all since she is so into it. She nearly doesn’t hear anything except the songs she mumbled to.

 

“Sis?”

 

Jessica jumped on her seat when she heard Krystal’s voice behind her.

 

You startled me!

 

“I-I’m sorry. But didn’t you hear when the door was opened?”

 

I didn’t.”

 

Krystal giggles and walks toward her pissed sister. She rubs her cheek against her sister’s and begs for an apology.

 

“I’m sorry. That’s why you shouldn’t get too concentrated while doing work.” Instead of replying Krystal, Jessica continues her work while her little sister walks away to the kitchen to prepare their dinner.

 

Everything is prepared within an hour. Krystal made a spaghetti that Jessica loves very much. Jessica closes her MacBook, removing her glasses and stretching her body that has been aching for sitting too long. As the music from the Hi-Fi keeps playing through the atmosphere, Krystal starts the conversation. “How was your day, sis? Everything’s fine?”

 

Yeah. I met a friend in the shop when I was buying a new drawing kit.”

 

“A friend? It’s weird that you didn’t mention her or his name to me.” Krystal’s eyebrows scrunched in confusion.

 

Her name is Tiffany and you haven’t known her yet. I just met her yesterday and today she asked me to have lunch together.

 

“And you said no?”

 

I said yes.”

 

Krystal’s eyebrows scrunched even more and gives Jessica a skeptical look. This is so weird for her to find out her sister was hanging out with someone who barely know her; just say Tiffany is an acquaintances. But just now, her sister said she was having lunch with Tiffany. This is so weird. Krystal knows Jessica way too well and usually she will turn down every offers from acquaintances. She avoids every contacts with people since she is quite paranoia with people.

 

“Really? This is a brand new thing for you to do that.”

 

I don’t know. I didn’t feel something weird when she approached me. Just like when Yuri did.” Krystal hums before digging her plate for another spaghetti. “Plus, she is Yuri’s close friend too.”

 

“So you feel you can trust her, huh? Just like you trust Yuri?”

 

Jessica nods.

 

Krystal merely gives a silence before she gets up and puts her plate in to the sink, washing it afterward. Jessica lowers her head, staring at her almost-finished food without saying anything. The sound of the chair being dragged makes Jessica to tilt up her head to see Krystal is already sitting in front of her, looking at her with her jaw rested on her palm. She smiles, “so when are you going to introduce her to me?”

 

/

 

Yoona groans as throw herself onto Tiffany’s bed, rolling from the edge to another. Tiffany, Yoona, Taeyeon, and Sunny have a group assignment and they decided to do it in Tiffany’s house. While the other are preparing for doing the task, Tiffany walks downstairs to get cold drinks for them. Pretty sure they are thirsty since Yoona and Taeyeon couldn’t shut up about it in the car when they were on their way to Tiffany’s house.

 

When she opens the refrigerator, a tap on the shoulder startles her.

 

“Steph?”

 

“Holy , dad.” Her dad laughs and mutters ‘I’m sorry’ afterward. “Isn’t it too early for you to come home by now?”

 

Her dad shrugs as he snatch the soda can in Tiffany’s hand, causing the girl to frown and sigh.

 

“Yeah, I have to pack my things. By the way, I’m not coming home tonight. Australia is waiting for me.”

 

“Bring me a kangaroo when you’re home, okay?”

 

He smiles and pats Tiffany’s head, “don’t go clubbing too often, okay? I’ll be away for a week.” He gives his daughter a kiss on the cheek before heading to his own room and pack his things.

 

Tiffany chuckles and heads upstairs where her friends are waiting.

 

/

 

“Hey Yoona, you don’t mind sleeping over tonight?”

 

Yoona looks up from her notes to Tiffany who’s twirling her pencil as her eyes are staring at the ceilings, obviously she already lacks of idea how to draw her clothes that has been wandering in her mind. Tiffany is never good at drawing and that’s why sometimes she ask Taeyeon to help her with drawing.

 

The doe eyed girl is the only one left while Taeyeon and Sunny went home already half an hour ago as the assignment is finished.

 

“Sure. Is it okay with your dad?”

 

“My dad will be in Australia for a week. You guys can sleep over for more than three days actually.”

 

Although Tiffany’s eyes are on the ceilings, she catches Yoona’s grin at the corner of her eye; and she know what kind of grin that is.

 

“I know what’s in your mind, Im Yoona.”

 

“Clubs!”

 

Tiffany sighs, “yeah, I knew you would say that.”

 

/

 

The music is blaring through the entire club, making Tiffany feels a bit intense when she walked in to it. It has been several months since Tiffany went clubbing and she felt nervous getting those stares from guys whom she doesn’t know. Yoona grabs her arm and drags her to the empty seats in front of the bartender she know.

 

“Oh hello, Yoona!” Greets him in excitement. Yoona smiles and gives him high-five before sitting down on the bar stool. The bartender ask them the drink they want to have and leave both girls to grab something.

 

Yoona turns her stool toward Tiffany who’s still looking around the club since it’s a new one for her. So this is where Yoona goes. She has so much acquaintances in this place; like the bartenders and the bouncers. The club is quite far from Tiffany’s home and it took an hour to get there. Lucky Yoona offered her a drive since she wasn’t in the mood to do that.  

 

“You wanna dance?”

 

“Nah, I don’t feel like doing that right now. 30 more minutes?”

 

Yoona giggles, “heh, okay.”

 

As the bartender approached the girls, Yoona introduces him to Tiffany and vice versa. They chit-chats for half an hour until the girls are ready to step into the dance floor and let it drown them. Yoona got separated from Tiffany since she is dancing with another person across the dance floor, while Tiffany is still in the center of it with a guy who suddenly approached her and asked her if she want to dance with him. Feeling lonely, Tiffany accepted it.

 

She couldn’t think of anything else. She dance so hard to the music that blasting so hard in the room, releasing her stress that has been pilling up in her head. Tiffany feel so refreshed after dancing. She said the stress in her is already eased away, causing Yoona to laugh while drinking her martini. Tiffany dunk her head in her hands on the desk; trying to gain the consciousness since her head is killing her, but she failed and ended up passing out.

 

Yoona looks at her and smiles, “time to go home, Tiff. You partied too hard this time.” Says Yoona as she swung Tiffany’s hand around her neck and carry her unconscious friend to the exit door.