The First Chapter ...

Sagittarius

 

 

 

“I really don’t get you…You go around looking for people like Ravi to like when Baekhyun’s under your nose… such an idiot…”

“Considering the fact that Baekhyun’s my best friend?”

“So?”

“So… Those fairy tales you like to watch about a girl falling in love with her best friend have nothing to do with what really happens in life…”

Yoona stomped her feet as she gave a long look at me, clicking her tongue, she turned around and continued perfecting her locks in the mirror, meanwhile, I was still struggling while drawing that ty cat-eye, trying to make it look as equal as possible to the other eye.

“But still… I’d go for Baekhyun if I were you…” She commented once more, like seriously?

“If you like him that much, how about you go date him yourself…” I shot back nicely, Yoona was my best friend and I loved her and all, but sometimes she was just too nagging and annoying, especially when she started to talk about something that had to do with my life. Yoona’s a Gemini, it’s quite normal for her to put her nose in everyone’s , I know that, but sometimes it becomes too unbearable.

 

You might ask yourself how I know such things, putting away the fact that she’s been my best friend for over 7 years, she’s also one of the easiest people to read, Geminis. It may seem a bit lame to talk like that, about signs, but the truth is, I kinnda believe in them.

I never did before, not until a year and a half ago, when I got stood up by my gorgeously handsome crush, who happened to be one of the biggest es I’ve ever met as well, Ravi. He always had a reputation of being a player, but like the pathetic naïve person I am, I decided to ignore all those rumours and pursue him anyway.  

Honestly, never in my life had I considered that I’d get stood up like that, he left me standing at the bus stop near my house for 2 hours. It’s practically my fault, that I hadn’t decide to give up on him earlier, but the fact that he’s a can’t be ignored either.

I cried myself to sleep that night, and the couple of nights that followed as well, I just felt too humiliated for my own good. The pain never stopped until my mother came to my room the fourth night, and we had our talk, the talk that kinnda changed my perspective in people.

She said that the secret to success in any relationship, is knowing your partner, their habits, their interests, what they love and what they hate, and the secret to all that was, well, finding out about their sun signs.

 

 

Yes, yes, I know, I thought she was crazy at first too, until something actually happened when I checked Ravi’s sign. Aquarius, low self-esteem, players, always like to pursue but never be pursued themselves, and very patient. So I decided to practically experiment the new information I had collected, and I started ignoring the being that was called Ravi at school, at parties, everywhere, it worked, Ravi asked me out 6 months later, saying he had made the hugest mistake of his life.

 

of course, to all of you, 6 months a long time, but to me, having been crushing on him for a year and a half, 6 months were nothing.

 

But the thing I forgot was, Aquarians are good actors, never let your guard down around them in the first couple of tries, you have to keep your guard as long as possible, until you know you have them hooked. I let it down too early, and now I got stood up once more.

 

I told you, I’m pathetic…

 

I heard the phone ringing somewhere on the other side of the room, giving up on my failed trials of actually drawing my eyeliner right, I turned around and walked to my bed, grabbed my phone and checked the caller ID. Of course, I had to be none other than…

“Is that Baekhyun…?” Yoona turned her head towards me with an optimistic smile, I rolled my eyes and ignored her, bringing the phone to my ears.

“What?”

 

“Annyeong Chingu!” A deep, hoarse voice answered on the other line. Normally, such voice would be too y for me to take, but since it was a certain someone’s voice, it made my guts turn, in a really, horribly bad way.

“If you have nothing to say I’m gonna hang up…” I answered shortly, too disgusted to even keep talking.

“Aish… Fine, Baekhyun wants to talk to you…”

“Ji eun-ah!” The deep, nasty (really y) voice was replaced by a nicer, higher pitched one, a voice that put a smile on my face instantly.

“I hate you for letting him talk to me…” I started with a sharp tone, even though I was still smiling.

“You know Chanyeol, he likes to mess around… uh… I heard about Ravi… Sorry…”

“You don’t have to be…” My confident voice was replaced with a hurt one, why did he have to bring that jerk up?

“I called to like… I’m gonna make it up to you… I’m? gonna make this night one of the best in your life… and let Ravi burn in hell, okay?”

A chuckle slipped out of my lips, I was eternally grateful for having someone like him. First, Yoona stops by to help me look even better than I intended to look just to piss him off, then Baekhyun calls and promises to make my night even better, like seriously, what did I ever do to deserve such good friends?

“Okay…?” He pressed on it once more.

“Okay…” I breathed out with a chuckle. I ended the call and went back to my seat to fix my eyeliner once more, fortunately, Yoona was already done with her hair and she started helping me out with my makeup, a few minutes later, both of us were already finished and were stepping out of the door where Baekhyun and Chanyeol (EWW!!) were waiting for us in Chanyeol’s car (DOUBLE EWW!!)

 

 

 

The hall where our prom was being held was too spacious for our own good, very sophisticated looking, very elegant with all the gold and white decorations, it’s kinnda nice to be in a high class school, it has its perks. Baekhyun stopped walking as we reached the entrance, he smiled at me weakly before extending his hand for me.

“You should take it off…” He waited for me as I took off my black, light jacket, one that I had worn over my dress to keep it safe from anything that could possibly ruin it, plus I didn’t want to spoil the surprise.

The entrance of the hall was brightly lit, it was the first time I saw Baekhyun’s face clearly this evening, I had to say, Baekhyun looked gorgeous, this was seriously the first time I saw him in a suit, and I had to admit, the sassy Baekhyun that I was used to was replaced with a fine, grown man, who looked more handsome than everyone here.

“Ji eun…” Baekhyun’s smile faltered a little as his eyes studied my whole body, I bit on my lower lip as I watched him checking me out, normally, I’d be slapping the hell out of him in such situation, but right now, my heart was beating dangerously fast in anticipation.

My dress was simple, baby blue, a bit puffy on the lower part, hugging my body nicely on the upper part, it had that sweet, princess feel to it, of course, it wasn’t my choice, it was Yoona’s, but she said Ravi would like it so, whatever.

“You look…” Baekhyun started breathlessly, making the edges of my lips crawl upwards in a very small smile. As his eyes travelled upwards to mine, he opened his mouth to say something before we got interrupted by a weirdly excited Yoona, who practically jumped out of nowhere.

“Baekhyun, I have to thank you for being my friend…” She said with a wide smile, we both cleared our throats and raised eyebrows in question.

“You’re… uh… welcome…” He answered hesitantly.

“Doesn’t Chanyeol look dashing tonight…”She winked at me, I scrunched my nose in disgust and she just rolled her eyes. Speaking of the reincarnation of the Devil, where the hell is Chanyeol? Not that I care of course, I just wanna see what he looks like when he’s supposedly all dolled up, he wouldn’t look better than Baekhyun that’s for sure, right?

 

Wrong…

 

I saw Chanyeol walking towards us at the end of the hallway, and I have to say my poor jaw couldn’t handle the shock. My mouth fell agape the moment I laid eyes on Chanyeol, I knew he’s handsome, but damn that guy looks so hot like WHAT!!!

He walked towards us with this 'can’t-touch-this' aura, his smug smirk, and his brown hair that was pushed back into a sleek quiff made him look like a diva, he was almost tall as a pole, but his lean, muscular body made him look like a K-pop star. Seriously, this boy should be thrown in jail for too much iness.

“Annyeong!” His infamous smile appeared in his face, I almost (ALMOST) smiled back at him, but I gained back my composure the moment I heard Yoona’s whispers right next to my ear.

“I could just eat him up…” I turned to look at her in shock, have some decency woman!

“I thought you hated him as much as I did!” I hissed at her, thanking God that Chanyeol was already engaging in a side conversation with Baekhyun.

 “I did, but that was before I saw him like that… he’s so… so…” She bit her bottom lip and played with her hair seductively the moment Chanyeol’s eyes travelled to us, I saw him checking us out (like the dirty animal he was), as if examining every inch in our bodies, before I could turn to look away in disgust like I always do. Our eyes met for merely a second, it sent an electric shock through my whole being, I turned to look away in shock instead, clearing my throat, and I moved towards Baekhyun and slung my right arm into his.

 

 

“Chanyeol… come dance with me…” I saw Yoona practically clinging on that Bastards tall limbs, he gave her his signature smile that melted most of our school’s girls hearts before slinging his arm around her waist and leading her inside, leaving me alone with Baekhyun. We turned to look at each other awkwardly then looked away, smiling out of shyness, I cleared my throat and moved to grab his hand instead.

“Come on… I wanna dance with my best friend…”

 

 

 

We’ve been here for hours, laughing, dancing, eating, and then dancing again. Most of the people here were already too drunk for their own good, Chanyeol and Yoona were already on each other’s faces (EWW how disgusting? That’s just sick!) And I was now sitting, next to Baekhyun again once more, waiting for him to lead me back to the dance floor once again until I can’t stand anymore.

“It’s almost twelve!” The music was too loud that he actually had to scream for me to hear him. I nodded, and felt him grab my hand, he stood up and pulled me to the middle of the dance floor. The lights were already dimmed and we were waiting for the count down to the end of the day, it was a tradition we had in our school.

Every prom night, at 11:59, they start a countdown till the clock strikes twelve, all the couples would kiss under the sweet, twinkling lights, announcing a new day, and marking the end of our high school lives.

Baekhyun rested his arm on my waist and pulled me closer to him, dancing smoothly along the slow music, I rested my cheek on his shoulder, a wide smile plastered on my face as I enjoyed the warmth of his embrace. Damn, Baekhyun’s suddenly acting like a gentleman, it really suited him. I pulled away from his embrace after a second, a hesitant look on my face, yet I was met with another warm smile of his.

His smile was contagious, I couldn’t help but mirror it as his eyes bored into mine. Baekhyun’s eyes fell a few times to his feet in shyness before taking a deep breath and looking back into mine once more, we stayed like that for a second until he broke the silence.

“You wanna ask me something… I know…” Damn you and your telepathic abilities Byun!

“Yes I do…” I bit my lip out of instinct, something I always do when I’m nervous, and then took a deep breath before continuing. “…We’ve been friends for 3 years now, but you never told me when your birthday is… I know you must be a few months older than Chanyeol since he used to call you  Hyung before, that excludes November and December… so…?” I gave him a cheeky smile, wanting to look cute and all for him to answer, but instead he just chuckled, his eyes forming those smiling crescents like they always do when he smiles.

“Why do you need to know?” He asked between chuckles and I just pouted cutely at him.

“Please…”

“Give me one good reason…”

“I just need to know, I’m your best friend, aren’t I…?

“Of course, but still… I hate birthdays Ji, you know that…”

“Still… you have to tell me…”

Baekhyun’s teasing smile suddenly dropped, and I watched as a mischievous smirk formed on his lips instead as he looked right past me. I raised an eyebrow in confusion and stepped on his foot (not too harshly, I must add) and watched him lean down in pain, his lips almost touching my bare shoulder, to the point I could feel his hot breath brushing slightly on my skin sending chills down my whole body.

“What the hell Byun!” I hissed as I pushed him away, but regretted it immediately when he glared murderously at me. He pulled me back into his arms, a bit too tightly for my own comfort, I felt his breath brush over my right ear and I felt my cheeks burning as I saw some of my friends looking over.

“Someone’s jealous…” He whispered.

“What…?”

“Ravi’s looking over…”

“Everybody’s looking over Baek…” Stating the obvious now Byun?

“No, I mean… Ravi’s staring Ji… The girl’s practically rubbing her whole body on him and his eyes are glued on you… us… he’s jealous…”

“Byun…” Before I could push him away once more I felt his embrace tighten on me once more.

“He’s coming over, act natural…”

“What the hell is natural to you when you’re suffocating me right now?”

“Laugh…”

“What???!”

“LAUGH!”

 

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAA…

 

Baekhyun and I broke in laughter, we weren’t too loud, not too fake either, we actually looked cute as we laughed together, and I could already notice some of the girls that are known to like Baekhyun looking at me with a horrifying glare.

I had to admit, Baekhyun looked really beautiful when he laughed, I could honestly say we didn’t look like we were faking it.

It was then that I felt a presence next to me, I turned to look at who it was, it was none other than Ravi, looking as handsome as ever, but not to my eyes any more. His slim navy tux emphasising his physique that 2 days ago I was melting for. His hair pushed up in a quiff, effortlessly gorgeous, making his sculpted cheeks bones and jawline too obvious and manly, and compared to him, Baekhyun was just a 15 year old child, yet to me, Baekhyun looked so much better for some reason.

Our laughs died the moment he stepped next to me, we cleared our throats as I watched Baekhyun wiping a fake tear (Adorable). I turned to look at him in confidence as I felt Baekhyun slinging his arm around my waist.

“Lee Ji Eun…” He said with a smirk (I could just punch you and wipe it of your y face right now jerk!)

“Kim Won Shik…” But that’s another way of pissing you off. Ravi’s confident smirk fell immediately upon hearing his real name (Touché for me, I always knew he hated his real name).

He cleared his throat out of embarrassment, a rather hesitant looking smirk forming on his lips.

“It’s Ravi… and don’t try to act tough when all you brought with you is Baekhyun…”

 I scoffed, seriously now?

“Jealous much?” I smirked back, I could feel Baekhyun smiling at me in pride.

“You wish…”

“Really now? That’s why you left your of a date and came here to try to act all tough and confident around me…”

TAKE THAT ! It was just too joyful for me to watch his stupid smug smirk fall once more, looking like a wet cat now Ravi?

“I didn’t…” Before Ravi could even finish, Baekhyun had already stepped in.

“Ravi, honestly man, no offence here, but if I were you, I’d stop wasting our time to look less of an idiot…”

Touché

 

“Now please, if you excuse me… I wanna dance with my date…”

 

Double touché

 

Ravi cleared his throat and turned around like the loser he was, Yeah , you got burnt!

 

Baekhyun pulled me back to dance with him once more, not even bothering to hide his proud smile, I smiled back, almost feeling my heart bursting with happiness because that really deserved it.

 

It was 11:59

 

The count down had already started.

 

“You still didn’t tell me…”

“Tell you what…?

“Your birthday Baek…”

“Ji eun-ah!”

“Please…”

 

Baekhyun sighed in defeat.

 

10…

9…

8…

 

“May 6th… My birthay’s on May 6th…”

 

5…

4…

 

May 6th

 

3…

 

Baekhyun’s a Taurus, like me.

 

1…

 

HAPPY GRADUATION!!!!

 

Baekhyun is…

 

I felt someone pull me forward, suddenly my lips came in contact with something warm and moist, I closed my eyes out of instinct. I felt a hand brush a few strands of my hair, my head was already spinning, my legs were already weakening.

It feels right

 

It all feels so good and right and beautiful

 

My vision turns blue, then pink, then white, and then pink again…

 

I open my eyes as I feel those warm lips leaving mine.

 

There he was

 

Byun Baekhyun

 

In all his glory, handsome as ever, staring back at me, his eyes half closed, like he’s dazed, he’s beautiful, he is so beautiful, and I just can’t look away.

 

I think

 

I think I’m in love…

 

I’m in love with Byun Baekhyun…

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“I told you you’d fall for him…”

“This is really bad…”

“It’s so not bad!”

“Oh shut up! You slept with Park Chanyeol, you’re practically insane and I just can’t listen to you…”

“It happens to be the best I’ve ever had…”

“EWW STOP!”

“And congrats! You finally admitted that you’re in love with your best friend!”

 

 

HELP ME!

 

 

 

“Chanyeol…” Baekhyun propped himself on the bed next to Chanyeol. The taller was roaming the channels for something to watch, bored and out of his wits.

“Hmm…” he hummed back monotonously, heaving a sigh and giving up on the TV.

“Why do you and Ji eun hate each other so much?” The question was irrelevant and so out of context, and sudden, it made Chanyeol raise an eyebrow in confusion. He looked back at the TV and pondered over the answer. After a few minutes of complete silence, and with Baekhyun eager for an answer, Chanyeol let out a breath and raised his eyes to the TV.

“I don’t hate her… her existence is irrelevant to me…”

Simply.

Baekhyun stared back at him for a few seconds, that answer wasn’t enough for him, something else must have happened.

“How about you just tell me what happened?” his voice was restless and nagging, but he needed to know.

“There’s nothing to say…”

“Chanyeol please…”

“I rather you don’t know…”

“Yah!” Baekhyun stood up in anger, glaring at his best friend. He saw Chanyeol both hands and looking away in frustration. He’s on the verge of telling him, Baekhyun noticed.

 

“Chanyeol!”

 

“We slept together, and then she was gone in the morning, OKAY?!”

 

Baekhyun didn’t even blink, he just stared back at him in disbelief, and he was frozen in his place. Ji eun? His best friend, slept with his other best friend? His head started to hurt.

How could this have happened?

 

“When was that?”

 

“Last year…”

 

“Oh…”

 

That kiss…

It was wrong, everything that happened with Ji eun was wrong.

 

“That means you’re her first, right?”

“Yeah… now can we stop talking about this please? Talking about her makes me sick…”

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Happy birthday Baek!”

 

“JI EUN-AH, Thank you sooo much!!!”

 

 

 

 

“BAEK!!! You’re 19!!!!!!”

 

 

 

 

“OMG Byun Baekhyun is officially 20!!!!”

 

“Yah! Stop that…”

 

I love you…

 

 

 

 

 

 

This won’t do, I have to control myself.

Okay, so normally, Taurus likes Taurus right?

 

But they can like other signs, right?

Like what?

 

I heaved out a sigh, I was frustrated, a 20 year old woman, desperately in love with her best friend, and trying to find a way out. That pretty much sums up my life.

 

Oh I forgot to add the fact that we’re attending the same university now.

We’re majoring in Music together.

I’m glued to his side all the time, and since Chanyeol’s already out of the country for a whole year, I’m all he has. I’m screwed.

I can’t stop staring at him, during lunch, out sessions together, when we go watch a movie. Seriously I don’t even remember the names of the movies we went to see together.

He pretended that nothing happened.

That kiss never happened.

What I felt when his lips brushed on mine, when he held my hand, when he danced with me, he made me laugh a lot. It was nothing.

It was all nothing.

 

Byun Baekhyun, you cruel, cruel friend, why did you make me fall in love with you?

 

 

It's not like I care...

 

All I care about is either making him fall for me, or for me to get him out of my mind completely.

 

How will I ever do that?

 

 

Find someone else.

 

Maybe I could ask Yoona to hook me up with someone?

 

 

"I'm leaving..."

"WHAT???" I practically screamed in the poor girl's face. But what the hell, Yoona's leaving?

 

"I'm leaving for England next week... if it were for me, I'd totally stay, but my dad wants me to go..."

I bit on my bottom lip a little too hard that I could already taste some blood in my mouth. My hands balled into tight fists, so tight that my knuckles were white. 

"Then what about me?" I know the question seems a bit selfish, but you just can't blame me. She's the only person that’s been keeping me sane for the past 2 years.

 

"I'll still call you all the time... we'll skype... E-mails... uh... dad said it won't take long anyway..."

 

Yeah right...

 

 

 

 

The first few months were great, it was like she was still here.

She started getting busy, and so did I. It was hard to talk to her especially due to the time difference. It became harder for me to stay up late.

Our calls started getting fewer and fewer.

We stopped talking on the 7th month.

 

 

Now I was truly alone with Baekhyun and my love for him to consume my whole being.

 

My sanity.

 

 

 

I think I'm stuck like this forever.