Scorpio.

Sagittarius

 

 

 

 

 

“Good morning…” A deep voice sounded from behind me, I turned to see Chanyeol walking towards the small kitchen counter where I was sitting in black pyjama pants, and a white shirt which I assumed belonged to Tao, and crashed on the chair opposite to mine.

“Good morning to you…” I eyed him a bit curiously as he grabbed his chopsticks a dug them in the food that Suho had prepared for the 4 of us earlier. Now that’s why there were 4 plates here.

“I thought you went home yesterday…” I murmured as I chewed on some rice.

“It was kind of late when Tao and I finished the movie, so he suggested I’d stay…” He paused for a second. “… He’s not gay, is he?” That last question came out as whisper, instinctively, I chuckled at him before shaking my head lightly.

“He’s just a bit too friendly…” He nodded at me before sticking some food in his mouth once more. Silence fell between us for a few minutes, the only thing that could be heard was the sound of cutleries clacking on plates.

“You were great yesterday…” Chanyeol broke the silence first. “… I would’ve honestly believed you were actually happy for them if I didn’t know better…” I raised my head to him, not really knowing how to respond to that at first.

“You weren’t so bad of an actor yourself…” I decided on keeping the teasing tone to my voice.

 

Chanyeol looked kind of cute when he wakes up, I noted, his hair stuck out in all directions, but in a handsome kind of way, if that was even possible. The shirt he was wearing was a bit revealing, showing a pair of deeply and finely sculpted collar bones that decorated smooth, milky skin.

I found myself gulping hard at that, somehow my eyes trailed up along Chanyeol’s neck, his Adam’s apple bobbing as he swallowed on his food. Instinctively bit on lower lip when I saw how firm and handsome he looked, something that I never noticed about Chanyeol before this moment right here.

 

“Stop staring…”

 

His deep voice suddenly snapped me out of my haze, I blinked a few times for my eyes to concentrate before they were raised to meet his.

“What?” I asked innocently.

“You were staring at me, just now…” He exclaimed casually and I felt my cheeks burn.

“No I wasn’t!” I let out a squeak, and I seriously almost fainted when a smile was drawn on his lips that instant as he chuckled at my obviously lame reaction.

“I’m not judging you, it’s understandable actually…” His smile was replaced by a teasing smirk, and I could just hear my heart beating upon seeing it.

 

“Stop flattering yourself…”

Suho suddenly appeared from behind me and I heaved a silent sigh of relief when I saw him.

 

“You’re dressed already…” I exclaimed as I watched him place down his bag and place his jacket neatly on the back of the chair before he sat down.

“Yeah, they want me in the office a bit earlier today…” He grabbed his chopsticks and started eating as quickly as he could.

“Slow down a bit, you’ll get indigestion…” I poured him some water and before I could give it to him, Chanyeol had already taken it and placed it in front of him.

Suho nodded at the both of us in thanks and drank its whole contents.

“What do you do anyway?” Chanyeol asked as he dug his spoon in his mouth.

“My company designs commercials, magazine ads, and all sorts of this stuff… I manage the section that designs teasers and promotional plans for big entertainment companies…”

“You what?!” Chanyeol exclaimed in shock and both Suho and I stared at him in confusion.

“We design teasers…” He answered hesitantly.

“Yeah, that new Miss A promotional plan was Suho doing!” I then added with a proud smile.

“So you’re like a producer slash organizer?”

“More like an editor, they bring us a music video, and the photo-shoots and we work on it…”

“Why haven’t you told me this before?” Chanyeol directed his question at me with a glare, I just shrugged innocently.

“Why? Do you guys need help?” Suho asked, and Chanyeol turned at him with a fake, wide smile.

“How about you work for us Suho?”

 

 

 

Two days later I found myself sitting with Suho on my right side smiling like he just won the lottery, Kris on my left focusing on some documents, and Baekhyun right opposite to me holding a contract.

It seemed like somehow it was Suho’s lucky day when Chanyeol offered him to design the plan for Luhan and Chen’s promotions before their big tour in Asia.

He even kept blabbering that night Chanyeol proposed the work to him about how much he actually felt suddenly attracted to Chanyeol and how maybe he had found the love of his life. It was ridiculous how happy he seemed about such a small proposal.

Chanyeol also seemed weird. During those past few days, he’s been staying at our house, driving me off to work then driving me back home in the evening.

 

It stayed like that for about a week, the only difference is that on Friday, a knock sounded at my door in the evening, and in came Kris.

“Hey…” He walked in awkwardly then stood in front of my desk, sliding both hands in his pockets. He was wearing that amazing black, buttoned down shirt I loved, with white trousers and a black belt. His hair was styled naturally, while being brushed upwards a bit. Honestly, he looked effortlessly gorgeous.

“Hey yourself…” I eyed him expectedly, forcing a small smile. I saw him taking in a deep breath, looking around the office before his eyes found interest in his shoes.

“I was wondering if you’d like to grab dinner, when you’re done maybe…” He smiled at me awkwardly and I found myself searching for word, but not finding any. Kris was attractive and there was no denial in that, but I never really learnt anything about Scorpio males. What if he ended up like Chanyeol? A cold jerk with good looks.

“I know it’s sudden, but I’ve been trying to ask you out for the past week… you were always with Chanyeol and I thought that there was something going on between you, but Baekhyun assured me that it was nothing…”

Huh? Seriously now, Baekhyun assured you it was nothing. Jerk. I hate him! No that’s a lie, but seriously does he find me that attached to him that I won’t date guys for the rest of my life?

“Okay…” I suddenly blurted with a weak voice, his eyes shot up at me, as if questioning what he heard was true or not.

“Okay.” I repeated, this time with a louder voice and a side smile. I guess I have a lot of searching to do when I get back.

 

 

 

We were now seated in one of the finest restaurants in the country, it got me thinking that Kris had already reserved a table for us long ago and was just waiting for my approval. I smiled to myself at the idea.

My eyes studied the surroundings a bit. The restaurant had a dark, high ceiling with hundreds of suspended lightings, it looked like a starry night somehow. The interior seemed cosy, with a deep burgundy carpets and wall sized windows, giving a clear view of the Han River.

My eyes then darted to the seat opposite to mine. Kris had excused himself seconds ago to take an international business call. This gave me the time to fetch out my phone and do a quick search on Scorpios.

Clicking on the first option that appeared, I read thoroughly till I reached what I wanted.

‘Compatibility ratings between Scorpio and Taurus.
Good.
Taurus is steadfast and domestic. Both signs are known for loyalty. Scorpio can be built up by Taurus’ stalwart nature…’

 

My eyes then reached this headline that I found my face heating up upon reading it.

 

‘How to attract a Scorpio man?’

 

I felt extremely hot at this point that I had to fan myself and take a sip from my ice-cold water. It wouldn’t hurt to check it out, would it?

 

‘1- create an air of mystery about yourself.
The number one tip to attract a Scorpio man is to create an intriguing aura around yourself. He’ll find you much more fascinating and will be keen to get to know you. Nothing appeal more to Scorpio men then solving difficult puzzles.’

 

Okay, so this doesn’t really tell me how to do that. Stupid article.

My eyes searched around the restaurant once more, fortunately for me, he wasn’t back yet.

 

‘2- Be totally upfront and truthful.
He’s unlikely to fall in love with someone who deceived him or had taken him for a fool. Because this star sign finds it difficult to forgive and forget.’

 

Okay, so keep it difficult for him to find me out, yet not lie. What the actual f…?

I took in a deep breath and calmed myself down. Taking in another sip of my water, I decided that I just needed to keep on reading.

 

‘3- Don’t let him push you around…’

Okay, now we’re talking.

‘Scorpios demand the highest quality in all aspects, not least in their love life, and they won’t waste any time on you if you’re cheap and flaky. Be expensive, and flaunt it.’

 

I got that, and I like how this is going. Apparently, Scorpios are of high class, which explains a lot about Kris’s personality and taste in everything.

 

‘4- Play a little hard to get.
5- Never try telling him what to do…’

Just as I was about to read a bit further, I heard the sound of a moving chair close by. My eyes darted up to be met by Kris’s elegant smile. I locked my phone and threw it in my bag, faking a smile of my own to mirror his.

“Did I interrupt something?”

“Oh no!” I shook my head sheepishly, clearing my throat and resting my elbows on the table.

Kris waved his hand lightly for a waiter and opened up the menu that must have been placed while I was busy reading facts aboutPEOPLE  like him. The waiter appeared shortly right against our table with a professional smile on his face.

“How may I help you sir?”

“uhh… I’d like…” Kris furrowed his eyebrows as he studied the menu once more in concentration.

“… Bring me the finest wine you have here, red, of course.” He exclaimed before turning to look at me.

“Have you picked anything yet?” He asked, and I shook my head lightly. Sorry, I was just a tad busy.

“Okay, so do you mind if I order for you?” He looked at me expectedly, like he was just waiting for me to say yes in any case. I bit my bottom lip, I’m not supposed to let him push me around, but when it came to food, Baekhyun was the one to always order for me. It wouldn’t hurt, right?

I nodded and he smiled a little at me before looking back to the waiter.

“One roasted duck with raspberry glaze, and one filet mignon with mushroom-wine sauce.”

Wow, I would’ve never chosen that.

“How would you like the filet to be cooked sir?” The waiter exclaimed while writing the order in his small notebook.

“She looks like a Medium rare type of girl, doesn’t she?” Kris then answered while keeping his eyes on me, a teasing smile gracing his lips. I mirrored his and dared myself not to speak, they said I should be mysterious.

The waiter looked at me before his eyes travelled back to his notebook with no sign of interest.

“Whatever you say sir, medium-rare it is…” He mused before bowing down to excuse himself and leaving. I felt the air thickening once the waiter left, apparently he was like a short-time saviour from the disaster that would happen if I didn’t get my grip on what I really should do around him soon.

“So…” He started, turning to me with a comfortable smile as he sipped some water.

“… Tell me about yourself a bit.”

I HATE it when people say that. Like, what am I supposed to say? You ask questions, I answer, why do you expect me to just…

“… Blabber about myself?” My eyes shot up to meet his slightly wide ones. He was looking at me with so much surprise that I wanted to throw myself in front of a car. Did I just say that out loud?

“Wow…” He let out a shaky chuckle, sipping on his water, or more like gulping the contents of the glass.

“I’m sorry…?” It came out more like a question when he said it, and I found myself playing with the hem of my blouse, my face already burning.

“I’m so sorry!” I blurted, cursing myself a hundred times in my mind hopefully this time.

“It’s okay…” He waved and smiled brightly. No it’s not!

“I actually like when girls are unpredictable…”

“Unpredictably rude I must say…” I commented rather frustrated, what the heck was I doing?

“Just unpredictable Ji eun…” He chuckled again, and I found myself smiling shyly.

“Okay, let’s do it right this time!” He then exclaimed, and I straightened on my seat.

“How old are you?” I raised an eyebrow at him, but nevertheless smiled as I answered.

“Same as Baekhyun…”

“So I’m a year older?” He asked with a teasing smirk.

“Seems so.” I smirked myself.

“In your country, what do you call an older guy… uh…?” His voice trailed off in a teasing manner, I chuckled as I knew where this was going anyway.

“Oppa?” I laughed a bit at his expression, he looked adorable, yet somehow dangerously y and appealing. It was a first for me, to actually admit that I was finding this guy somehow attractive.

“I’m never going to call you that!” I exclaimed between chuckles, he pouted at me cutely, faking a hurt expression, which made me laugh even more.

It wasn’t about what he was saying, it was rather the way he said it that looked hilarious. I guy that looked as cold as an ice cube acting cute was kind of weirdly funny to watch.

“When’s your birthday then?” he then looked at me, containing his smile.

“May 16th. Why do you ask?”

“Well you asked me about mine, so I thought I had the right to ask you…” He answered simply.

The waiter made his appearance once more, this time with the fancy dishes Kris had ordered. I watched him as he placed the overly complicated looking dishes in front of us, my eyes studied my filet mignon, it looked delicious and all, but I wasn’t sure about it yet.

Another waiter came by with the bottle of wine and two glasses, he placed them on the side of our dishes and poured some of the delicious looking wine in each glass. Placing the bottle in the middle, he excused himself and left, leaving me with Kris and a complicated looking filet.

“Dig in…” He exclaimed with a soft smile as he started cutting through his duck. I did the same with my filet, and shoved a small piece in my mouth. the taste was delicious but somehow too strong for my liking, but I wouldn’t complain because this was honestly the best filet I’ve ever tasted.

‘Scorpios demand the highest quality in all aspects of their life…’

I wouldn’t argue with that.

“So how come a 25 year old guy is this famous of a lawyer?” I asked as I munched on a mushroom, his eyes were raised to meet mine with a soft look on his face.

“My dad has been in the business for years. He’s been teaching me everything about law for as long as I can remember, I took a test when I was 18, passed, and started working in the firm ever since…”

“Smarty pants…” I smiled at him as I took another piece of the duck, he chuckled at me and shook his head lightly.

“I wouldn’t call it so, I was just trained earlier than others.”

Well if you put it that way.

“Why did you decide to work with Baekhyun?” He then asked, I opened my mouth to say something, but found myself silent.

Why did I work with Baekhyun?

Because I loved him, yes, that was my only reason.

“It’s the only thing I found worth doing when I graduated…” I started as I stared into nothingness, reminiscing on my old days with him.

“… I majored in music composing during college, when I graduated, Baekhyun and Chanyeol were already working in Baekhyun’s company. He offered me the job one night, saying he knew how responsible I was. The money was good, the job was easy, and honestly, it was a way of staying close to both of them, or Baek to be exact…”

He nodded at me lightly, seemingly in thought about what I’ve been saying. My explanation was kind of decent, not exposing too much of my emotions toward Baekhyun.

“Haven’t you thought about doing anything else, other than being a manager at least?” He then asked, and again, I was at loss of words.

 “I… uh…” I stuttered for a second, then looked back at him with a confused stare.

“… Other than my parents, they’re the only people I know and, I’m still young, the job I’m in, I’m already lucky to have it.”

“That’s not what I meant.” He exclaimed, looking back at me. “… You said you studied music composing, right?”

I nodded.

“Why haven’t you tried righting any songs, I’m sure your minor in college had something to do with music as well.”

“It was.” I confirmed.

“See! Why didn’t you ever try writing, composing a song from A to Z? Who knows, maybe you can even write for Chen and Luhan.”

I stared at him, suddenly dumbfounded, I never thought about it the way he did. Sure I was good at school and all, and I wrote many songs during college, but they all talked about Baekhyun so maybe they shouldn’t count. But I never thought about pursuing a career in composing. At least, not until now.

“Sorry, I must’ve crossed a line here…” He snapped me out of my thoughts with an apologetic smile. Blinking away my haze, I shook my head lightly and smiled at him back.

‘Don’t let him push you around…’

Way to go Ji eun!

“I noticed that you’re closer to Chanyeol than you are to Baekhyun…” I then exclaimed, diverting the conversation back to him.

“Yeah, I met Chanyeol first. You know his dad works in China…”

“He does?” I asked in slight surprise, he never told me that.

“Yeah, when his parents got divorced…”

“They got divorced?” I asked again. Wait, Chanyeol never told me any of this.

“You didn’t know?” Kris asked in confusion, and I shook my head in response. He took a deep breath and looked around as if collecting his thoughts a bit.

“Chanyeol’s dad is my mom’s husband Ji eun-ah…”

WHAT?

“He hated me at first when our parents got married, like really hated me…” He chuckled as he remembered, eyes falling to the table instead of meeting mine.

“… When I moved to my dad’s at fifteen, I met him at a family dinner and told him about leaving and all, we talked about how much we hated our parents that night.” He laughed a bit silently, and I found myself smiling even though I was pitying both of them right now.

“You could say we bonded over hating our parents, and we became close ever since…”

Some friendship, I scoffed internally.

“That was… unexpected.” I commented and he finally looked back at me, nodding as he laughed.

“So now you know why I like Chanyeol, why do you hate him then?” He suddenly asked.

“We never clicked…” That’s the only explanation I could come up with.

“How so? Chanyeol’s a really nice guy you know.”

“Maybe to you, but not to me. If your definition of being nice is tormenting others then I’ll understand why you like him so much.”

He laughed. Even though it wasn’t a joke, he laughed.

“I find a hard time believing that he actually torments you for fun. Hit on you maybe, but torment you, nah!” He exclaimed.

“He does torment me, it’s like his mission from above is to make my life a living hell!” I threw my hand in the air as I exclaimed with a persistent tone, trying to make him understand how much of a jerk Chanyeol was. 

“Maybe it’s just like you said it is…” He then started, and I looked up to meet his stare.

“… Maybe you just never clicked, you never got to understand him.”

“I don’t get why people like to talk about Chanyeol when they’re around me!”

He smiled sheepishly, nodding his head.

 

“You’re right, let’s talk about something else…”

 

 

 

 

It was practically midnight when we finally decided leaving the restaurant. If I could describe this night with Kris in just one word, I’d say perfect.

Kris was very understanding, he was perfect in every aspect. Even though his life wasn’t all rainbows he managed to build a better man of himself. He’d ask a lot of questions but never pry too much on my personal life. He’s accept all the answers I’d give him even if he thought they were lies. And he’s never push me too much.

He was very understanding and I found myself loving this night more and more, and never wanting it to end.

But here we were anyway, standing in front of the fancy building where I live in with the chilly air around us, and a sudden perfect ambiance.

“So…” He exclaimed with a hoarse voice, looking me in the airs with a small smile.

“So…” I exclaimed back, a shy smile on my lips to meet his.

“I had fun tonight Ms. Lee…”

“So did I Mr. Wu…”

We chuckled a little, I bit my lip when I looked back at him, my face burning from the realization of how close we were right now. So close that I could feel his breath brushing lightly on my face, sending chills down my spine. His soft, moist, kissable lips so close to mine, that I found myself gulping in anticipation.

He started leaning closer, prompting both hands on my arms and moving them in soothing rhythms that rushed some heat through my body. I found my breath hitching as he inched closer and closer to me.

“I hope we can do this again…” He whispered over my lips and I nodded slightly, my eyes focusing on his lips and waiting for them with impatience.

I was starting to get dizzy with the lack of oxygen I was getting when I felt his warm lips almost brushing over mine, to suddenly leave again when I voice interrupted us.

“YAH!”

Our heads snapped suddenly to the source of the sound.

And there he was, coming out of the darkness and standing under the entrance light.

 

Park Chanyeol.

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

Sorry for the late update!
Hope you'll enjoy this

I'll be waiting for your comments <3
Show your support for this fic. by Subscribing and Upvoting!

Thankyyyouu <3 !!