The Date.

Sagittarius

 

 

 

 

 

 

I went with a simple, white cotton-shirt, topping it with a black leather jacket, and dark jeans. I let my hair fall on my back, parting it from the middle, my makeup wasn’t too much, soft and enhancing my cutest features.

My phone rang, and I found myself jumping on my seat in surprise, I checked the screen and found a text. Chanyeol. Gulping, I swiped the screen and read it.

‘In front of the entrance’

 

 

I bid Suho and Tao goodbye, and walked out of the door, I couldn’t close it behind me though because Suho had to make sure I got to the elevator safely (What?). He kept reminding me not to fall for Chanyeol’s sweet-talk, his good-looks, or how much money he seemed to have. 

Apart from the fact that he forgot Chanyeol was no sweet-talker, that I've known him for far too long to fall for his looks, and that we were already being paid the same amount of money, I appreciated that he was worried about me nevertheless.

 

The ding announced that I had already reached the lobby a few minutes after I left my apartment. The metallic doors slid open to reveal the marbled floor, I took in a deep breath and let it out heavily, a part of me still contemplating whether or not I could turn around and call it a day.

I proceeded walking to the entrance despite my doubts and I was surprised that I couldn’t spot Chanyeol’s car anywhere near. I slipped out my phone from my back pocket and swiped the screen to unlock it, roaming around in the contacts to find Chanyeol’s number.

 

"You look weird..." His deep voice startled me, my eyes shot up to stare back at him, and I was stunned by how good he looked right now.

Chanyeol was wearing an all-black attire, or that's how it seemed in the dimmed street lights, his V cotton shirt was dangerously revealing, his sharp collar bones peaking from beneath it, his long neck was decorated with a silver chain, it looked y on him.

My eyes travelled up to his face and I tried to hold onto my sanity when I was met with his seducing, horribly teasing smirk, my poor jaw suffered to stay in place when I noticed that smudged eyeliner decorating his eyes, making them appear darker and more mysterious. And let me not talk about his hair, his Oh-so-smooth hair, dishevelled lightly yet styled upwards into a messy quiff. 

All in all, I kind of started to understand why Suho kept reminding me not to fall for his looks, I had already forgotten how good looking he could get when he put his mind to it. Even we such simple and casual attire, Chanyeol could've easily passed as a model, he could've been Sehun's partner on magazine covers for crying out loud.

 

"Thanks, I guess?" I gave him an unsure look before his smirk widened. His eyes studied me from top to bottom them with a simple glance, he turned around. 

I followed him silently, holding to my black leather bag like my life depended on it, while biting down on my lower lip to keep myself from , I was having an just watching him walk for 's sake. And how can black jeans be this tight? How can he even walk?

I kept walking behind him for about ten minutes, regretting that I wore high heeled black boots seven minutes earlier or so. He was walking slowly, yet I was having a hard time catching up to him, considering the height difference.

 

"Could you..." I started breathlessly, a scowl evident on my face. "... could you at least slow down?" My voice sounded pissed, I made sure it would.

 

He didn’t turn to me and instead opted for walking slower silently, when I almost got to reach him, I felt something warm wrap around my hand, and before I could even react, Chanyeol had enclosed my tiny hand in his and pulled me along, the sound of my heels clicking resonating around us in the quiet and almost dark street.

My cheeks were furiously blushing and I found that my throat had already dried, I was starting to get annoyed by how my heartbeats seemed to drown out any sound around me.  A part of me enjoyed the warmth of his touch, but a stupid voice at the back of my head screamed of how wrong this was, I chose to ignore it for the time being until we reach our destination.

 

 

 

"And here we are..." Chanyeol stopped five minutes later at a busy street full of passers-by, still holding my hand tightly. I let out a heavy breath, my lungs were already giving up on me, my legs failing to hold me up any longer. Walking with such speed to keep up with Mr Tall limbs here took most of my energy, and I couldn't be any more glad that we were about to eat.

 

Unlike the fancy restaurant Kris had taken me to on our first date, Chanyeol had chosen a rather humble food stall looking over the main street and filled with old, drunken men. Even though I wasn’t practically enthused with the idea of eating at such place, I followed along silently nevertheless.

An old lady standing behind one of the grills noticed us walking towards her stall, she practically tore the mittens off her hands and ran towards Chanyeol with the biggest smile her small lips could form.

“CHANNIEE!!” She wrapped her short arms around his waist, her small form mostly buried in his embrace after that.

“I miss your ugly young man!” She then exclaimed loudly and d him, yes, she did him, and I was standing next to him!

I found myself blushing furiously, turning to look away as the woman found pleasure in harassing Chanyeol. What seemed even more embarrassing and a bit wrong was that he seemed to enjoy it and kept laughing every time she tried to tickle him or touch him anywhere inappropriate.

After a few (LONG, AGONIZING) minutes of harassing Chanyeol (Verbally and physically), the tiny, old lady finally turned to me with a hesitant smile.

“And who’s this young lady over here? You’re not cheating on me again, are you Channie?!” She turned to look at him with a fake scowl and I couldn’t hold my chuckle. She then turned to look back at me again, her hands aiming for my cheeks. She pinched my chubby face a few times and even slapped my lightly with loving smile. I heard Chanyeol totally laughing at that though.

“She’s a friend of mine Halmeoni!” He exclaimed with a wide smile and I tried to ignore the pang I felt in my chest upon hearing him describing me as a ‘Friend’. There was a little voice at the back of my mind screaming ‘I THOUGHT I WAS YOUR DATE?!’, but I shushed it immediately.

“Well any friend of Channie’s is a friend of mine as well! Come on…” She grabbed my hand and started pulling me to a nearby table, Chanyeol trailing right behind us of course, she then picked a red, plastic, garden chair and pushed me down to sit. I kept a hesitant smile all along until she patted Chanyeol on the back and left us to handle the rest of the customers.

Seeing it up close, the stall could actually be described as being busy with people, which was kind of weird to see in a street, food stall.

“She’s cute, isn’t she?” His velvety voice suddenly snapped me out of my thoughts, I turned to look at him and he was staring at me with a neutral expression. I just stared at him silently.

“You really look good all casual, you know that?” He then added and I found myself speechless, eyed widening just a little bit at his comment. And why was my heart suddenly crashing to my ribcage?

“I thought I looked weird?” was all I could get out, voice surprisingly weak.

“You do…” He commented. “That doesn’t mean you don’t look good.” I gulped, feeling my throat getting dry and my cheeks getting hotter than normal. I started fanning myself, finding my body temperature getting higher as I noticed how hot he actually looked under the clear lights.

“Is it hot in here, or is it just me?” I joked, letting out a shaky laugh. He just looked at me, expressionless, before he gave a weak laugh of his own, eyes turning away from me to stare at the old lady behind the grills. And why the hell was I getting jealous of a ninety-ish year old woman?

“It’s just you…” he answered passively, eyes still fixated on the old lady. My hands balled into fists on my lap, and I found myself abusing my bottom lip in anger, I would just do anything right now to capture his attention and this makes me feel a little easy.

“I’ll order something to eat…” He then said and stood up, walking to the grill and talking with the old lady. In a few minutes, she already placed everything on a tray, and he placed it right in front of me on the metal table, taking a seat right opposite to me with sparkling eyes. I was honestly kind of disappointed that the food offered a bit more excitement to him than my existence.

 

“OKAY! We have deokbokki, Sondae, Jajangmyeon, Kimchi Jjigae, some side dishes, and most importantly, Soju! And I remembered you liked fresh octopus, so…” I merely nodded. He smiled lightly, before placing all the cutleries needed in front of me, he then placed a plate of jajangmyeon in front of me, and did the same for himself.

"Let's dig in!" Clapping his hands together and startling me to look at him with a jumpy attitude, he announce with a wide smile and I bit my tongue not to comment on how much of a pig he looked right now.

I grabbed my chopsticks and mixed the considerable amount of the noodles with its thick, dark sauce, praising in my mind the fact that the amount of food here seemed enough for two people to eat, unlike in that French restaurant Kris took me to, where the food seemed more like samples. I grabbed a whole bunch between my two chopsticks and moved it to my lips, slurping like a happy child eating spaghetti.

 

"It's good, isn't it?" He smiled widely at me, and even though I didn't want to give him the satisfaction of agreeing with him on something, I couldn't help but nod, because believe me, I wanted to cry of how good this tasted.

 

 

We ate mostly in silence, with him asking the occasional boring questions of how work was, how was everything at home, how was Tao doing without him there. Just, same old same old. He would crack a couple of jokes every now and then and I would find myself actually laughing at most of them, but it seemed like it was just a normal friend date that Baekhyun and I would go to, but instead of a cafe we were sitting at a dinner, and instead of Baekhyun, it was Chanyeol, but you get the point.

 

It wasn’t until he paid the check for both of us, promising the old lady that he’d come visit her soon, and took me walking through the park nearby that things started to change from boring to a little bit exciting, and his questions got more to the point. He started asking about the most random things, reminiscing on the memories we shared in High-school, then he started talking about his years away in China, which turned out to be interesting.

It was weird, the fact that we’ve known each other for almost seven years now, and we knew everything about each other, the smallest and finest details.

Like how he was more of an Italian food kind of guy, while I voted for the American food. He liked motorcycles while I liked cars. He voted for BMWs while I voted for Mercedes (Apart from the fact that I actually drove a BMW and he drove a Mercedes).

He was always a fan of classic rock music, like Metallica and he also loved Eminem to the point of turning gay just to be with him. I, myself, didn't like Eminem sometimes, I was more of a SNSD kind of girl (That was one of the reasons he hated me in high school).

 

We were still walking in the abandoned, dimly lit park, and our questions were taking a drastic change of path. We started asking each other about the silliest, most random stuff anyone could ask about, and I could honestly say, I was starting to feel a little dizzy due to the lack of oxygen I was getting from all the laughing I was doing right now.

 

" or ?" I breathed out between chuckles and he turned to look at me in a shocked expression.

"Is that even a question?! , duh!" I laughed, what the hell was I even asking? 

"Okay wait!" He stopped in his track, and so did I, turning to look at him with an expecting stare.

"Slide or swing?" He looked at me seriously and I took a second before answering truthfully.

 

"SLIDE!" I threw my arm in the air with a wide smile and I could almost see a disappointed glint in his eyes. Opps?

 

 

"How can a person choose a slide over a swing? Are you even sane?" He retorted in an agitated manner.

 

"I lost my sanity four questions ago..." I shrugged innocently. He stared at me silently before his disappointed frown broke into a small chuckle, breathing in deeply, he started walking again, this time capturing my hand in his and pulling me along until we reached a small swing set at the centre of the park. By now I was quite sure Chanyeol enjoyed skin-ship too much for my liking.

 

"Sit!" He ordered, and I raised my brow at him doubtfully. He rolled his eyes and pushed me down to sit on the swing, the turned around and stood right behind me.

 

"Hold on." He demanded, and I did so. I felt a gentle push on my back and I lifted my feet slightly off the ground. The swing started moving lightly, and in a few seconds I was already high enough to swing on my own, he stepped back and walked around. He slid his hand in his pockets, halting his steps in front of me but far enough to not get hit by the swing.

 

I stopped swinging my legs though the moment I saw him sitting on the slide next to mine after a few minutes had already past in silence. In a minute my slide had already semi-stopped and I was practically sitting next to him.

He kept his eyes on his shoes as he moved his swing back and forth a little, I kept my eyes on the starless sky, trying to fit into the uncomfortable silence that has engulfed the air around us somehow. Playing with the hem of my shirt, I opened my mouth to speak but closed it again, I glanced at him from the corner of my eyes, he seemed to be enjoying this, and I was getting kind of restless.

“Do you…” I started, suddenly forgetting what I wanted to say when he turned to look at me with a passive expression.

“I forgot…” I smiled sheepishly and he snorted, looking back to his shoes again, and we were back to the silence once more.

“You know I realized something tonight…” He finally started, his voice a few pitches lower than normal, which I found was really y.

“What?”

He raised his eyes to look at me, a small smirk forming, and I wet my lips out of instinct as I watched study my face before speaking.

“You’re nothing like I imagined you would be.”

“What did you imagine I would be like?” I turned to him completely now, biting on my lower lip.

“Plain…”

“Plain?”

“Yeah, plain… like one of those girls I hook up with most of the time…” He smirked, eyes falling to his shoes again. I stared at him in slight shock, did he say ‘girls I hook up with’?

“Excuse me?” I pressed, eyeing him in anger.

“That’s supposed to be a compliment, Ji.” He looked back at me, face serious.

“How is that a compliment?” I scoffed, gritting on my teeth when a smile broke on his face.

“You have a mind of your own, a strong personality, you don’t care about all those silly, girly stuff that others care about, and even though you came here determined to impress me, you acted like yourself regardless of what I think…”

“Don’t flatter yourself Park!” I stood up and stomped my foot to the ground, glaring at him with so much fury.

“I’m not flattering myself, I’m telling the truth!”

“WHAT TRUTH?!”

“The truth that you actually ignored the fact that you are supposed to be dating my stepbrother just to go out on a date with me, even when you were more than hesitant to come. Let’s not also forget the fact that you’re supposed hate me, and you just came today to challenge yourself to impress me…”

He explained simply, standing up as well and towering over me with his massive height. I swallowed a lump in my throat, balling both hands into fists as I felt my eyes dwelling for some reason. So he knew I knew about him and Kris being brothers? What he said was shockingly true, so true that I almost wanted to jump around to clear my name but found no excuse to actually coming here today.

“Why did you ask me out then?” My voice came out weak after a minute of silence, my head was hung low, and my heart was beating so fast, anxious to hear his answer.

“Because I felt like I wanted to…” It was simple, but it had a lot of meaning behind it, meaning I wanted to understand.

“I had fun Ji eun, but I think that it’s already getting late and we need to take you home now…”

 

 

 

We walked back to my building in silence, instead of walking side by side, he kept a distance from me, walking behind me as if to just make sure no one would be harassing me at this time of night. My head was hung low the whole way, eyes burning for tears to break free but I couldn’t let them fall, I couldn’t give him the satisfaction of seeing me cry over something he said.

He did complement me, but it felt kind of an insult, how he thought I’d be like all the girls he went out with, just a toy he could get pleasure from then throw away. It really seemed like he wasn’t interested in me in anyway, he just thought I was a brainless chick he could do for the night and ignore later on, that’s exactly what his words implied, and that’s why he seemed disappointed.

We reached the entrance and I stopped, turning to look back at him as his steps halted as well. I was seriously having trouble keeping eye contact with him, but it seemed like an easy thing for him to do, like he wasn’t fazed by me, like I was just some girl he’d pick up and throw away when he’s bored.

“So I guess I…” I started in a shaky weak tone, cursing myself internally for appearing this weak in front of him.

“Yeah I think you should.” He cut me off, sliding both hands in his pockets and looking up at the tall building in front of us. I stared back at him silently, wanting so much to blurt out a lot of things I was keeping inside. Like the fact that I was offended that he thought I was like all those one nightstands he had, or the fact that he asked me out on a date despite knowing I should be dating his stepbrother, the way he thought he had the right to confuse me.

But then really, I was the one who agreed to go out with him, and I was the one who got confused. To be honest, he did nothing that would lead me on in any way, he just showed up, and looked good. I was the one who felt confused, I was the one who was suddenly thinking of all the inappropriate scenarios, and I was the one that wished that maybe something might actually happen between us.

But why would I ever think like that? Chanyeol’s been right in front of me for the past 7 years, I only thought about him once and that ended in a disaster that led us to hate each other. Now, all these years later I make the same mistake, I get attracted to him all over again, even though I know we’re not fit for each other, even though I know that we’re as difference as ground and sky.

This date didn’t make me want to be with Chanyeol, this date revealed how much I’ve been wanting to be with him, but never had the chance to realize it myself. I fell, a long time ago, it got ruined but that didn’t mean I liked him any less. It was like I’ve been postponing my feeling for him all these years just for further due.

I never like Baekhyun that much, nor Kris, nor Ravi my high school crush, nor anyone, they were all just plan B if I never got the chance to be with Chanyeol in the first place.

I nodded my head a bit and turned around, a couple of tears already slipping out of realization. I was a damned fool who never deserved to be loved by anyone, how could they love me if I never really knew who I wanted in the first place?

The spacious lobby appeared in front of my eyes from behind the glass doors, as I was just making my way in, I felt a large hand grab my tiny one and turn me around, and so I came face to face with its owner/

He stared deeply into my eyes, his showing some kind of emotion with so much sincerity, an emotion I couldn’t quite decipher.

He pulled me closer and leaned in, and my eyes squeezed shut out of instinct. And he stayed lik that, his soft, warm lips a breath away from mine, I could feel his hissed, hot breaths over my lips as I willed him internally to just kiss me.

And so he did.

He lent in closer, cupping my face with his free hand and brushed his lips over mine. My heart beat like crazy and I felt my legs weakening. He let go of my hand and wrapped his arm around my waist, bringing me even closer. Angling his head, he deepened the kiss, and I kissed him back with so much need and force that I knew I was going to regret it later.

But I didn’t care now, I didn’t want to care, this feeling right now with his lips on mine was all I cared about, was all I could feel.

But then it was gone, he broke the kiss for air and rested his forehead on mine, breathing heavily as I did the same.

“If we could only do that again…” He whispered, before pecking me on the cheek and letting me go.

The moment I opened my eyes he was already gone, and I was left with a tear stained and bruised lips, staring at nothingness.

 

 

 

 

After bidding Suho and Tao a fats goodnight, I walked to my room and closed the door. I lighted up the side lamp that rested on the small side table next to my bed, the dim light already satisfying my needs, then I laid on the bed, staring up at the ceiling.

A lot of thoughts ran through my head, most of them about Chanyeol, but a little voice at the back of my head (Seriously that voice is annoying the hell out of me) kept screaming ‘Cheater’ over and over again. I squeezed my eyes shut and sighed in frustration, covering my face with my hands as I started kicking on the bed, I felt happy that he kissed me, which made me feel guilty.

A soft knock sounded at the door, I sat up on the bed and leaned my back at the headboard, answering with a hushed ‘come in’, I was met by Suho’s warm smile as he entered and closed the door behind him.

“I thought you won’t be sleeping, so I came to talk… if you don’t mind of course.” He exclaimed hesitantly as he sat at the edge of the bed, I shook my head and waited for him to begin.

“How did it go?”

“Fine…”

He gave me a look, one that I knew for him not being satisfied.

“It was weird Suho…”

Again, he waited silently.

“We talked about a lot of things, and I was surprised that I knew mostly everything about him, and so did he about me, and…” My voice trailed off, images and sounds of our little chat in the park came clear in front of me, and then an image of the kiss flashed in front of my eyes. It was so vivid that I felt my lips tingling, my hand instinctively raised, my fingers brushing lightly on my lips.

Suho raised a brow at me, seemingly noticing what I had done, and my voice came out in a low whisper.

“He kissed me…” His eyes widened slightly in surprise, straightening in his seat, he cleared his throat as he looked around for a second before his eyes fell back on me.

“And what did you…?”

“I kissed him back.” By now Suho’s face resembled a tomato, he was angry, but I wasn’t sure why. His hands balled into fists before he shot up on his feet in an agitated manner.

“I knew he’s do this to you, I knew he’d try to make a move on you and I warned you Ji! Kissing him back meant you actually liked it, didn’t you?” He hissed at me and my eyes fell to my hands that were resting on my lap.

“Have you thought about Kris? Ji, this is stupid, what you did was stupid and reckless and Chanyeol is just a jerk who used your feelings…” He started blabbering but I soon cut him off.

“What feelings?” I glared at him slightly, he was over reacting.

“You still have a bit of feelings lingering for Baekhyun, unresolved feeling for Kris, and you’re confused to the point that he could actually manipulate those feelings for his advantage!” He explained, looking away from me when my eyes looked hurt.

Silence seeped through the room for a few seconds, before my phone started ringing.

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

 

Late update, sorry 'bout that O:)

I hope this is good enough though x)

So Chanyeol's being a jerk, whatev!
Do you think she likes him guys? Just because she enjoyed the kiss and all doesn't mean she likes him right?

Beats me i'm confused xD

And Suho being the caring, protective brother! :)

 

Hmmmm :') <3

Anyway, tell me what you think about this. tell me what you think abou the whole Ji eun Chanyeol ordeal, i like all your comments and i enjoy them so much :))!!!

Don't be silent readers y'all!!!

Show your support for this fic ^^
Upvote and Subscribe! 

Thankyyyouu