Made Of Honor.

Sagittarius

 

 

 

 

 

I closed the door to my room and turned my laptop on, many thoughts were haunting me as I sat on my desk, waiting for it to load.

First was Tao’s plan, which seemed kind of ridiculous yet somehow convincing. Second was Chanyeol and his sudden change of character around me. I could honestly say that this was the first time ever since that night that Chanyeol and I had a civil conversation. In all honesty, I haven’t thought about that night since like forever.

It was a subject I always liked to avoid. Even back then when Yoona and Baekhyun noticed our sudden hostility towards each other, none of us uttered a word about what happened. If he hadn’t been treating me as I had been treated him, I would’ve thought that night was just purely made up by my imagination.

I double clicked on the Microsoft word icon, biting on my lower lip as it loaded to reveal a blank, white page after a few seconds. I always had this habit, whenever I was feeling distressed or tired, to write everything I was thinking down for me to read a million times later, it was somehow soothing for me.

I started tapping on the keyboard, nothing really came out but some gibberish at first. I took a deep breath, brushing my fingers through my hair as I tried to clear my mind. I looked back at the screen, my hands brushing on the keyboard keys, then I started writing.

The first word I wrote, weirdly, was Chanyeol.

My fingers stopped the moment I read it again, floating over the keys and not moving. I stared at the screen for some time, not really sure why I typed his name, until my fingers moved on their own, typing everything about that night, how it started, how it happened, and how it ended.

I kept typing with maximum speed, biting harshly on my lower lip every time his name appeared on the screen in front of me. This was the first time I’ve ever done that, and somehow it made me feel at ease.

An hour later, I leaned back on my seat, heaving out a heavy sigh. My eyes ran through the words as I admired my work, even though it wasn’t for anyone to see, I was still proud of myself that I managed to let it all out.

Taking a look at the wall clock hung right above my desk, it read 12 Am, and I still had some work to do tomorrow, and had a friend to meet. Just thinking about meeting Baekhyun tomorrow made my tummy turn, so I took a deep breath and it in, I won’t let a small obstacle stand in my way.

 

 

 

“Good morning Ms. Lee…”

“Hi Hyoyeon, is Baekhyun inside?” I smiled at the sweet secretary whom I grew fond of, Hyoyeon was one of the few people that I actually resected in this company. Even though she was Baekhyun’s secretary, and was a very attractive secretary I must admit, I never felt that she posed a threat in any way, and it may have something to do with the fact that she’s actually married.

“Mr.Byun’s in a meeting with that new Chinese lawyer…” She leaned closer, whispering that ‘Chinese Lawyer’ part, looking around and making sure no one heard her. She stood up straight, clearing and looking around once more. I forced an awkward chuckle at her and nodded, eyes rolling when she wasn’t looking.

So I excused myself and walked up the door, hugging a few folders to my chest. Mustering up my courage, I took a deep breath and knocked on the door, feeling proud of myself that I picked a y red dress for the day. I opened the door slowly, peeking in before entering.

Closing the door behind me, I felt the air suddenly thickening around me as two pairs of eyes stared back at me, and on staring at some papers on folders in front of him.

“Good morning…” I muttered professionally, adverting my gaze as fast as possible when it landed on Baekhyun.

Next it fell on Kris, who stood up abruptly, greeting me with an awkward smile.

“I got really worried when you didn’t come to work yesterday. I almost blamed myself for not walking you home…” He exclaimed, his smile widening as I accepted his handshake.

Chanyeol nodded at me and I nodded back, I then walked to the nearest chair and sat down, crossing my legs and tightening my hold on the folders.

Baekhyun cleared his throat then.

“As I was saying, I’m sending Luhan and Chen for an interview in China tomorrow, and I’ll be needing one of you to accompany Sehun for a photo-shoot this afternoon…”

“One of us?” Kris exclaimed, brows furrowing in confusion.

“He meant Ji eun and I, but I guess Ji eun should go, she’s his manager anyway…” Chanyeol then exclaimed casually, going through his phone in boredom.

“Can she?” Baekhyun exclaimed, his eyes still on the folders. Hesitantly, he moved his eyes to meet mine, and I stared back at him.

“Can you?” He repeated. I stayed frozen for a few seconds, I even noticed the other two turning to look at me due to my lack of response.

“I guess I can make some time for him today…” I answered, trying to act as casual as possible even though my voice sounded tensed.

"And I hope you'd make some time for me too, dinner maybe..." He exclaimed, looking at me intently. I could feel my guts burn at the idea, he must want to discuss things with me about the wedding and all. I gulped, before looking up at him, nodding slowly. I could feel relief washing over him as I did, he breathed in deeply before looking back at his folders and started to discuss some business in the company.

 

 

 

 

Sehun was waiting for me at my office, drinking some coffee that probably my secretary had made for him. I smiled at him as I closed the door behind me, dragging myself to the desk and trying to act like what Baekhyun just said in his office was nothing.

“You’re here early…” I teased, he put down his cup and smiled back at me, looking at the clock, h faked a groan.

“I can’t believe it’s 10:30, it’s too early Noona!”

“I know, poor you…” I exclaimed mockingly, organizing some papers as he watched me. I wasn’t very fond of Sehun, like Luhan, he was an Aries, and a very spoiled one at that. But I can admit he had his moments of being nice and responsible, and was somehow the second most expensive artist in our company.

“I heard Luhan hyung got into trouble because of me again…” He exclaimed suddenly, his tone a bit guilty. I raised my eyes to meet his, there was a feeling of frustration and guilt in them. Taking in a deep breath, I sat straight on my desk and looked back at him, a ghost of a comforting smile evident on my face.

“Sehun, Luhan gets into trouble because he looks prettier than me…” He chuckled at my comment. “… It has nothing to do with you. He just like an easy target to those sick people who always try to harass him…”

“But he gave that guy a good beating, didn’t he?” He asked with a wide smile, jumping suddenly on his seat, I chuckled at how excited he looked. Seriously, when you act like that whenever his name pops up, how can you expect people to not think something’s between you two?

“He did, in fact, he beat him so much that guy can actually be considered as a victim in this case…” I answered in a sarcastic tone, and watched his smile fall to a cute pout.

 

“So what happens now?”

“Nothing, we just wait for Baekhyun’s friend to help us win the case to clear his name and all…” He just nodded back at me, and I tried to get back to my work, but a thought somehow haunted me that I looked back up at him.

“Why do you stick to him so much though?”

His eyes lit up suddenly, staring back at me in innocence. He seemed to think for a good explanation before answering.

“Why do stick to Baekhyun hyung so much?” Clever kid, very clever.

“We’ve been friends for a long time…”

“Same here…” He exclaimed with a small smile, I raised my eyebrow at him, and he noticed that I was a bit lost.

“I’ve worked as a model since I was 4… it’s all I know about life, and since I never went to school, I had no friends… that was until Luhan hyung became a trainee here, he came up to me one day and introduced himself, started talking about random stuff even though I didn’t really say anything back… then he started visiting my room every day, and one day he said he felt like my hyung and liked taking care of me…” his smile widened as he stared at his shoes, I mirrored it with my own, who knew Luhan was this nice.

“I really liked it when he did that.” he looked back at me, eyes round and full of passion.

“But you just like him as a hyung, don’t you?” it was inappropriate to ask, but I had to.

“I know it’s wrong to like other guys Noona, I’m not stupid.” That answer was enough to shut me up and calm me down. He’s a smart kid, thank God for that.

 

 

 

 

Dinner time came by slower than I thought. It was practically a long day though, considering the amount of work I had, taking Sehun to his photo-shoot, fighting with the paparazzi for about an hour before even stepping inside the location, then another hour stepping outside the location.

Thankfully though, when I got back home, both Tao and Suho were still out at work, which saved me from any investigations about where I was going, why was I even going out this late, or what I was wearing a nice dress and dolling up for?

By 8 I was stepping out of my house, dressed in a tight, navy blue dress and heels, I let my hair fall on my shoulders with slight waves decorating it. My makeup was simple, but I aimed for a red lipstick to add a pop of colour. For such a long day, I looked quite decent.

A black, BMW car was parked outside my house. The chauffeur bowed slightly at me and opened the door. It was a ritual of Baekhyun’s, to always send a car for me whenever we go out for dinner. The ride was short thankfully and we reached our destination in less than 20 minutes.

 

Baekhyun had reserved a table in one of my favourite restaurants, being accompanied by the receptionist, he led me a secluded table at the far end of the dimly lit restaurant, where Baekhyun was already seated, checking out the menu for his order.

“Miss Lee is here, sir.” The receptionist announced. Baekhyun’s eyes were raised and he stood up abruptly as I sat down in front of him. Taking his seat himself, he smiled at me before his eyes fell to the table, awkward silence surrounding us.

 

“Thank you for coming.” He exclaimed awkwardly. I nodded at him slightly and took interest in the waiter as he poured me some wine that Baekhyun had previously ordered.

A few minutes passed in silence, both of us checking our menus, I saw him put down his and stare at me, but I acted dumb and read the name of the same dish for the millionth time.

“I want to say I’m sorry first…” He began, I bit my bottom lip and put down my menu to face him hesitantly. “… What I did to you was wrong. I kept leading you on, even though I had no intention of being with you.”

Okay, that hurt.

“The thing that’s bothering me is, well… I didn’t just hurt you, I hurt Chanyeol too without even realising.” He let out an awkward chuckle, it sounded guilty and pained. I stared back at him still silent.

“Look I…uh…” he breathed in deeply. “… I don’t believe you love me as much as you do.” My brows raised at what he said.

“What is that supposed to mean?” My tone sounded a bit harsher then I intended.

“Ji… you’re love life hadn’t been the smoothest… Sometimes, when that happens, you seek comfort in the closest person you have, that person was me, and…” He closed his eyes and brushed his fingers through his hair in frustration. “… Ji I was like your rebound when you got out of a failed relationship… it was never serious, you just convinced yourself it was and never gave yourself a chance to like anyone other than me…”

 

My hands balled into tight fists, I could almost feel them numbing from the lack of blood reaching them. My breath suddenly hitched and I felt a rage I haven’t felt in a long time. Just as I was about to retort, a waiter made himself noticed beside us, I looked up at  him as he introduced himself and announced that he was our waiter for tonight.

“2 poulet a la crème du Champignons, apricot salad, and a bottle of Merlot…” The waiter wrote down as Baekhyun dictated him, then excused himself.

He looked back at me expectedly, and I breathed in deeply, preparing for an outburst.

“I’m going to be your ‘Best Man’ Baek, but don’t you ever say that what I feel for you isn’t real… you have no right to disrespect my feelings in such way, you don’t even have a say in what I feel or don’t feel for you… me accepting to be your best man is just because I cherish our friendship more than anything, more than my own feelings even…”

He stared at me with slight ide eyes and a surprised face, seemingly at loss of words. My words weren’t that powerful, I hid a lot more than what I let out, but I didn’t feel it was appropriate to reveal everything I was feeling right now.

“I’m sorry…” he finally let out. I looked back at him and he seemed genuine. I nodded at him slowly then looked away.

“I really am…”

“I know you are Baek…” I heaved a sigh then looked back at him. “As a best man… what should I do exactly?”

“Just like a bride’s maid… everything.”

I raised an eyebrow at him in question.

“Taeyeon, she became really busy lately, she doesn’t even have the time to look for a dress or prepare for the wedding. Knowing your taste, you’re one of the few people I could trust with such thing, and… I want you to help me prepare everything…”

“Okay… I’ll see what I can do.”

 

 

 

 

The Chauffeur opened the door for me. I nodded at him as a thanks and walked up to my apartment. After stepping out of the elevator, I walked through the corridor, my mind floating in another place, to the point that I didn’t notice a young man standing at my door until I reached it.

“Chanyeol?” I exclaimed in question once he turned to meet me. He smiled awkwardly at me before his eyes scrutinized my being. He whistled and looked up at me with a smile.

“You clean up good cow face…” He commented with a snicker.

“I’m not in the mood.” I rolled my eyes and wrote the combination on the door lock. With a small beep and a green light, the door was unlocked and I pushed it slightly as I stepped in, Chanyeol trailing behind me and closing the door once he stepped in as well.

“How did it go?” his voice sounded kind of serious now. I took of my shoes and left my clutch by the door then walked inside, aiming for the living room. He did the same with his shoes and followed after me, ignoring the surprised stares he got from both Tao and Suho who had just stepped out of their rooms.

“How did what go?” I acted dumb.

“The dinner… I know he must’ve told you about her by now, he wants you to organize everything, doesn’t he?” He was quite interested and extremely impatient to know what Baekhyun and I talked about during dinner. I sat on the couch and the TV, watching from the corner of my eye as the three males took their seats on the couch, all surrounding me and waiting for me to reveal anything.

“Look…” I breathed out in irritation as I looked back at him, ignoring both of my roommates. “… I’m really not in the mood to talk about anything that happened tonight, going through this dinner once was enough…” I exclaimed sharply.

“So he did ask you to help him with everything…” He exclaimed knowingly and I just stayed silent.

“You’re going to organize his wedding?” Tao said in surprise, and I turned to see him and Suho staring back at me, but unlike him, Suho was glaring at me in rage.

“Organize his what? Is this guy toying with you? Is he senseless or something?”

“He’s acting dumb…” Chanyeol cut him off. We all turned to look at him as he stared at us with a concentrated gaze.

“He’s acting like you’re going to be okay with it, acting stupid. It’s easier for him…”

“Why?” I sat up straight.                                                                         

“A person like you wouldn’t realize such thing because you’re so madly in love with him to the point of being blind, but Baekhyun can be quite selfish..."

“Baekhyun’s like the most selfless person in the world!” I retorted, not really sure why I was still defending him after all that he’s done. Chanyeol scoffed, and we all stared at him in curiosity.

“How do you think he was able to become a CEO at this young age, knowing the fact that he actually has an older brother…?” I opened my mouth to say something but he cut me off instantly.

“Why do you think he kept us as his employees…?” Again I wasn’t allowed to answer.

“Why has he been leading you on all this time?” The last question was when I had enough.

“He hadn’t led me on, I was stupid enough to believe that something might happen between us!” I exclaimed furiously, balling my hands into fists.

He scoffed and looked away with a sarcastic smirk. A part of me felt hurt seeing him do so.

“Can’t argue with the fact that you’re definitely lacking when it comes to brains… But I can’t say it was all your fault…” He heaved a sigh, his eyes falling to the carpeted ground.

 “He’s been using you, he’s been taking advantage of what you feel for him, and how did that end? Huh? You’re hurt, and he’s getting richer!” One of the things about Chanyeol the most, if not the most thing I hate about him, is his ability to shut me up. I always end up losing the argument, and he always ends up right, and I hate it when he’s right.

Silence engulfed the room for a few minutes, all of unable to speak after what Chanyeol had said. My eyes were already dwelling, and I could only make out Chanyeol as a silhouette from how blurry my vision was. I was stupid, just like he always said I was.

“That doesn’t mean he never liked you though… I always believed he liked you more than he liked me… his feeling were real for you, they weren’t just the feelings you wanted.” My eyes shot up back at him in hope as a lone tear burned down a trail on my left cheek.

“Some friend you are…” Suho commented, more like murmured from behind me. I saw a ghost of smile appear on Chanyeol’s face before he took a deep breath and looked away.

“I may appear disloyal to you, but I never said that I wasn’t as selfish as he was, maybe even more…” Chanyeol commented simply, a hint of pain evident in his smirk.

“What would you gain if the wedding’s ruined?” Tao then jumped in, Chanyeol stared back at him, his smirk widening.

“I’m not planning to ruin their wedding, that would be awful, and they’ll already be married, ty wedding, but still married…” He shrugged in a sarcastic manner before looking back at me.

“I’m planning to do exactly what you are planning to do princess…”

“What is that?” I asked, blinking at him innocently.

“I’m planning to ruin their relationship from inside out, being one of the groomsmen has its perks… I get to convince him of how unfit he is for Taeyeon, and how the love of his life is supposed to be you!”

“Wait! WHAT?!” Suho erupted. Standing from his place abruptly and staring back at Chanyeol in shock, he closed his eyes and let out a sigh in frustration.

“You guys need to stop watching movies!”

Tao and I chuckled silently, staring at Chanyeol who looked as dumb as ever as he stared at Suho in confusion.

“You got that idea from the Made Of Honor movie, didn’t you?”

“H-how did you…?” Chanyeol stuttered but his voice died out.

“STOP watching movies! All three of you…” Suho exclaimed with a glare. He let out another sigh in frustration before turning around and walking to his room, murmuring a silent ‘this is just too much for me to take’ before he slammed the door behind him.

 

We stared at the closed door for a few seconds before the 3 of us looked back at each other, then erupted in a series of chuckles.

“Told you my plan wasn’t dumb!” Tao exclaimed in pride and I nodded at him with a wide smile before turning to Chanyeol.

“So are you in?” He stared back at me seriously now. Taking a deep breath, a smile crawled back on my lips before I nodded at him.

“I’m in…”

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

So, I have an announcement to make!!

So yeah, I'm gonna be a co-author in this new fic

Till Death Do Us Part

 

So I hope  you guys could check it out!

Also I'd be more than glad to know what you think about the chapter, and your overall thoughts about the fic!

Don't be silent readers guys

Comment!

 

Support the fic by Subscribing and Upvoting

Thankyyyou!!