Why is it always complicated when you’re part of a love triangle? Mine just so happens to be a love rectangle… which is WORSE.

Why is it always complicated when you’re part of a love triangle? Mine just so happens to be a love rectangle… which is WORSE.

~~~~~~

 

Ayu woke up, feeling good. She was happy that she didn’t dream the dream. She should listen to music while sleeping more often. It was good therapy. She looked at her clock. 8:25 AM. She stood up and stretched. She fixed her bed then took a bath. After taking a bath, she opened her closet and picked something to wear. She decided on wearing a white shirt with skulls on it, and a red pleated skirt. Since she was in a good mood, she also decided on wearing fishnets. She put on some eyeliner and mascara, some blush on, and lipgloss.

 

Ayu went downstairs and headed towards the kitchen. She saw her dad, reading the newspaper and drinking coffee at the same time. She smiled and shook her head. Typical dad. She sat down and drank her usual orange juice. Her dad looked at her, smiled, and then continued reading. Ayu started eating and munching down on her breakfast, stuffing her face with eggs and bacon.

 

“Mowin’ ad.”

 

Now her dad finally put down the newspaper and gave her a disapproving gaze, but Ayu could see the faint smile on his face. She grinned.

 

“Now, now, Ayu. That’s not the proper way to eat. But good morning, nonetheless.”

 

Ayu swallowed and smiled sheepishly.

 

“Sorry, dad. You just cook so well! Anyway, where’s Storm and mom? Still sleeping I suppose?”

 

Her dad sighed and shook his head, a trait they both shared.

 

“You know how those two are... Always waking up late. It’s surprising you kids still call me dad.”

 

He smiled and drank his coffee. Ayu finished her breakfast and stood up, putting her plate in the sink. She drank some more juice and stretched, rubbing her belly.

 

“Waaah! I’m so full! You’re the best cook ever, dad! Look at me, it’s a miracle how I can still stay in shape. Thank goodness for the genes.”

 

Her dad looked at her, eyebrows raised.

 

“That’s in shape? Tsk tsk. You should exercise, Ayu. You’re almost as big as the house. It’s a miracle that those clothes still even fit you. Look at me, I’m turning 45 next year, and my body condition is still good.”

 

“Dad!”

 

Ayu’s face was as red as a tomato as her dad laughed. In the end, she laughed along with him, completely forgetting about the topic of their discussion.

 

“I’m just kidding, Princess. Now go along or else you’re gonna be late.”

 

Ayu smiled. She loved her dad’s nickname for her. Princess. She’s not boasting or anything, but despite all the hurt that she’s still feeling, hearing her dad say her nickname makes her all better. Her older brother, Storm, also calls her that.

 

Also, she knew her dad was just joking. He always does that. But she never takes them to heart. Even before, when she was 10 years old, she was eating pizza when her dad told her to exercise more since she was almost as big as their car! But it’s all good. She loved her dad so much, as well as her mom and older brother. She was lucky to have such an amazing family.

 

Ayu kissed her dad’s cheek.

 

“Dad, it’s still early. I still have at least an hour left before class starts. But I’ll go on ahead. I also want to check something at the library.”

 

“Okay, Princess. Be safe.”

 

Ayu smiled.

 

“Okay, dad. Bye!”

 

~~~~~~