Why is it always complicated when you’re part of a love triangle? Mine just so happens to be a love rectangle… which is WORSE.

Why is it always complicated when you’re part of a love triangle? Mine just so happens to be a love rectangle… which is WORSE.

RECAP: Lee Sungmin.

Her best friend since she was 8 years old. She hadn’t seen him in forever. They met during a party hosted by his family. She was shy back then and didn’t talk to anyone. But when he saw her, he approached her, grabbed her hand, and ran. She was so scared back then, but she didn’t want to let go. They stopped at their garden. Ayu remembered the beautiful plants and lights.

~~~~~~

 

FLASHBACK

He let go and stared up into the sky. Ayu looked at him, saw him staring, and looked up as well. She smiled as she saw the many stars in the sky. He looked at her, smiled, and extended his hand.

 

“Hi. I’m sorry about dragging you all the way here so suddenly. But you looked so alone. A pretty girl like you should be with someone, chatting away happily. I’m Sungmin, by the way. Lee Sungmin. You are?”

 

She looked at his outstretched hand and then his smiling face. She blushed and looked away. She took his hand and shook it. She spoke in a soft voice.

 

“Hi. It’s okay. I was all alone in there, and I was scared of talking to anyone. But you helped me, so thank you. I’m Ayu. Mizuki Ayu. Nice to meet you, Sungmin.”

 

Sungmin smiled and kissed the back of her hand. Ayu blushed and pulled her hand from Sungmin’s grasp.

 

“Ayu. What a pretty name for a pretty girl. Look at your face, it’s all red. How cute.”

END FLASHBACK

 

Ayu smiled as she remembered how flushed her face was back then. Now that she thought about it, she was 8 years old then and Sungmin was 10. But for a 10-year old, his manners were exceptional. Maybe that’s the reason why she was so speechless back then. After that party, their parents were delighted that their kids were getting along so well. One thing led to another, and here they are now, the best of friends. Sungmin taught her a lot, starting from being confident to believing in herself, so she was really thankful to him.

 

Except during that one time when he... No! Stop remembering the past, Ayu! He said that he didn’t mean to and that he got carried away, right? Just forget about it.

 

Sungmin smiled as he let go and looked at Ayu. Ayu blushed and quickly looked away. Sungmin laughed whole-heartedly.

 

Man. Even now? What is wrong with me? Why am I blushing? I don’t even like Sungmin like that. Right?

 

“Oh, Ayu. Your blushing face never ceases to amaze me, even after all these years. You still look so cute with your face as red as an apple.”

 

Ayu blushed harder and tried to think of a comeback.

 

“I am not blushing! It’s just... I-it’s  so hot in here... And, a-and...”

 

Lame retort, Ayu. Just admit it. Admit that you have a little, tiny crush on your best friend. He is good-looking after all, no? And the fact that you’re the only one he treats like this; it makes you feel special doesn’t it?

 

~~~~~~

What do you guys think? XD Please comment and thanks for reading!