Why is it always complicated when you’re part of a love triangle? Mine just so happens to be a love rectangle… which is WORSE.

Why is it always complicated when you’re part of a love triangle? Mine just so happens to be a love rectangle… which is WORSE.

~~~~~~

 

Stacy stood up and tried calming Storm down, which relieved Ayu a bit.

 

“Storm, I think you should let Ayu go out with her friend. I mean, she’s not a child anymore. Besides, didn’t she say that she’ll only do this once? Can’t you give her a chance?”

 

Ayu had her hopes up, only to be let down again. Storm glared at Stacy, maybe even forgetting about the fact that she is even his girlfriend. Storm’s body was tense as he spoke, loud and clear.

 

“I said no. Not a child? She isn’t even 18 yet! It’s because you didn’t know what happened. That’s why you’re acting like this now, defending him. But once you know the truth, let’s see what you think of Lee Sungmin then. Ayu, call him now and cancel.”

 

Stacy was speechless, obviously defeated. She turned to Ayu, smiling sadly, and nodded.

 

“... Okay.”

 

Ayu dialled Sungmin’s number. He picked up at the second ring.

 

“Ayu? Where are you? Are you okay?” Ayu could tell that Sungmin was really worried about her.

 

“Uh, yeah. I’m at home. I’m okay... But I can’t go. I’m sorry.”

 

“What? Why? Are you feeling sick or something? Tell me, Ayu.”

 

Ayu’s vision had blurred as she tried her best not to let Sungmin know that she was crying.

 

“I-I’m not s-sick. I-It’s just that, S-Storm forbade me to come...”

 

“What? Storm forbade you? That little... Don’t worry, Ayu. I’ll take care of him.”

 

Ayu’s eyes widened. Save her? The line went dead as she stared at her phone.

 

Oh my god. Is Sungmin gonna come here? He can’t! Storm will kill him! How am I gonna stop this?

 

Ayu stayed like that, staring at nothing for about 2 minutes before Storm interrupted.

 

“Well, what did he say?”

 

Ayu looked at Storm, nervousness and fear in her eyes. Should she tell the truth? Ayu was gonna open to reply when a knock on the door stopped her. She froze as she looked from Storm to Stacy, who was sitting down, looking at the door.

 

That was fast. Duh, Ayu. He only lives two houses away from you.

 

Storm opened the door, only to be greeted by Sungmin himself. He was wearing a suit, which totally complimented his hair. Storm glared as Sungmin smiled, although it did not reach his eyes. Storm mentioned for him to come in, which Sungmin did. Sungmin looked at Ayu and grinned, but quickly looked back at Storm. All Ayu could do was stare and prepare herself for the worst. Stacy was looking back and forth between the two men.

 

Storm was the first to speak.

 

“Well, well. Lee Sungmin, long time no see. How are you faring this evening?”

 

Sungmin kept his smile as he looked at Ayu, then back again to Storm.

 

“Long time indeed. I’m fine. I came here because I heard that you forbade Ayu to join me for dinner this evening. I just wanted to know why, is all.”

 

Storm glared at Sungmin. He tried to go over to Sungmin when Stacy stopped him. Ayu was too scared to move from her spot. She was shaking.

 

“Storm, please. He just wanted to eat with Ayu. Whatever happened between the two of you, please settle them. What’s in the past stays in the past. Look at your sister, she’s scared to death. You should both just apologize and think what’s best for Ayu right now.”

 

They all looked at Ayu. Storm’s expression immediately softened, while Sungmin looked very concerned and worried. Ayu was still shaking from fear. Storm walked towards Ayu and hugged her. Ayu’s eyes became blurry as tears came. Ayu hugged Storm back, while he tightened his hold on her.

 

“I’m sorry. I’m so sorry, Ayu. Please, don’t cry. I don’t like seeing you cry, because it makes me sad as well. Please understand why I’m doing this. But if it makes things better, I’ll… make a temporary truce with him. I don’t like him for what he did... but if he makes you happy, then I’m happy.”

 

Ayu was now crying as Storm wiped the tears from her eyes. She smiled weakly.

 

“Thank you so much, Storm...”

 

Storm smiled, sighed, and then turned towards Sungmin.

 

“I-I’m sorry for what I just said. I hope you understand that I’m only doing what I think was best for my sister. I am her big brother, after all.”

 

Sungmin smiled half-heartedly.

 

“I understand, but Ayu is perfectly capable of taking care of herself. If ever she needs your help, she’ll tell you, but you can’t always be there for her. You have to let her run her own life.”

 

“That’s the thing... I can’t always be there for her. That’s why I’m being here for her now. I know that. I just-I just can’t help it most of the time. But I’ll try. Not for your sake, mind you, but for Ayu’s.”

 

Sungmin grinned.

 

“Of course. For Ayu’s.”

 

~~~~~~