Why is it always complicated when you’re part of a love triangle? Mine just so happens to be a love rectangle… which is WORSE.

Why is it always complicated when you’re part of a love triangle? Mine just so happens to be a love rectangle… which is WORSE.

RECAP: That’s right. Sungmin may not have been in the same class as her, but it felt like he was still there, only more erted. And can you say a narcissist on a whole new different level? And it’s all because of that guy!

~~~~~~

 

FLASHBACK

“Okay class, I will be grouping you into pairs for your next project. No whining and exchanging for partners. Whoever you get as a partner, deal with it. If anyone complains, I will fail you here, right now. Am I understood, class? Okay, let’s begin.”

 

The whole class suddenly began murmuring quietly amongst themselves, especially the girls. And it was all because they want the same partner, which, contrary to popular belief, Ayu doesn’t really like.

 

It was him. Kim Heechul. (A/N: Heechul wasn’t the one who broke Ayu’s heart, okay? :3)

 

Ayu was really nervous. She wanted to be paired with someone who is kind, whether it be a male or a female. Just not him.

 

Please! Anyone but him!

 

And just like she knew would happen, the girls were now getting louder.

 

“I want to be paired with Heechul-ah!”

 

“No way! He’s gonna be my partner!”

 

“Heechul oppa, I love you!”

 

Ayu was really annoyed. I mean, what’s so great about that no-good playboy? I heard that he’s already 19 years old, like Sungmin, but he got held back for unknown reasons. Look at him, basking in all the attention. I don’t get what the girls even see in him. He doesn’t even look like a guy! His face looks so feminine! Maybe he’s a cross-breed or something.

 

Apparently, the teacher was also annoyed. She banged her hand hard against the table. The class was suddenly silenced.

 

“Quiet, girls! I know you all want Mr. Kim here as your partner. But! Unfortunately, only one person can be paired up with him. So please, be quiet so that I can get this over with!”

 

Ayu sighed in relief. She decided to check out Heechul, which might be easy since he is sitting on second row while Ayu was on the third row.

 

I’m just gonna check his appearance. Maybe if I look hard enough, I might be able to see why he’s so popular with the girls.

 

So Ayu looked at his face first. He was looking at the teacher, apparently waiting for his name to be called along with his partner. Amu bit her lower lip and squinted her eyes, thinking.

 

Hmmm... Well he has a nice nose, full lips, clear complexion, and he has naturally rosy cheeks, not in a feminine way. Just right for a guy. He has big eyes, but I guess not in a creepy way. Again, just right for him. He dresses okay, not really neat but not really messy either. Overall, I guess he looks okay. But what about his personality? I heard that he was really blunt with his words. What he wants to say, whether he hurts others in the process, he’ll still say it. Also, I heard that he’s a HUGE narcissist. Wow. Why am I not surprised?

 

Ayu was snapped out of her thoughts by their teacher’s voice.

 

“Okay class! Three more pairs to go. Let’s see. White and Simmons. Oakley and Park. Kim and Mizuki. Okay, that’s it for now. I’ll discuss the contents of the project next week.”

 

Ayu’s jaw dropped as she tried to comprehend what just happened. The others were already standing up and leaving, murmuring about Ayu all the way. Unfortunately, Ayu can’t move due to the shock.

 

Kim and Mizuki.Kim and Mizuki. KIM AND MIZUKI.

 

She realized that she wasn’t alone. She turned her head to the side, only to be met by Kim Heechul’s face, inches away from hers. Instinctively, she instantly backed away from him, only to be grabbed by him. He grabbed her chin and tilted her face towards his. Ayu was again frozen, which she just realized always happens nowadays.

 

Heechul stared at Ayu’s face for a few more seconds before he smirked, then let go of her chin. He stood up properly now, fixing his attire and grabbed a... mirror?! He grabbed a mirror inside his pocket and checked himself, even winking at his own reflection. He also bit his lower lip and even did a pose! Ayu could do nothing but gape at him.

 

He winks at his own… OWN reflection?! And what kind of pose is that? It looks erted, just like him. Is there even such a guy who does that? Maybe I was right. He must be a cross-breed.

 

Ayu was still gaping as he put away his mirror. He looked at her and smirked.

 

“I know I’m handsome and all, so you know, you don’t need to stare to make me feel special. I already know my level of special… ness, which is very high, might I add. Take a picture; it lasts longer, and you can even bring it home! Wow, my intelligence and generosity amazes even... me at times! Why am I such a cute and kind soul?”

 

The sorry excuse for a guy even had the gall to sigh! Not the sigh when one feels relieved, but the sigh used in dramas! The ones females usually do. Ugh. I’m gonna strangle this guy.

 

Ayu decided that enough was enough. What a NARCISSIST! Special-ness? Is that even a word? Intelligence and generosity? Who died and made him king? She glared at him.

 

“I wasn’t staring at you because you’re so ‘handsome.’ I wasn’t even staring! I was GAPING at you and your audacity to even say all that rubbish! Kind soul? Puh-lease. Maybe I’ll believe you once hell freezes over.”

 

Ayu felt satisfied with what she said. It’s good that someone should put that narcissist on his rightful place. She looked at him, hoping to see a sour expression on his face. Her eyes widened as she saw him smirking instead.

 

No! He should be SCOWLING, not SMIRKING! Okay, the tables have ce again. But wasn’t he at all affected? Even a tiny bit? No fair!

 

Heechul leaned forward again, his face inching nearer and nearer to hers. Ayu tried backing up, but Heechul grabbed her head with both his hands and steadied her face. Ayu gulped as Heechul smirked. His right thumb caressed her lower lip, while his left hand tilted her chin upwards.

 

His face is too near... Oh my gosh! Why can’t I move my arms? Is he going to kiss me?! No, no. Stop thinking nonsense, Ayu. But from the way he’s acting right now, it looks like it! What am I going to do? I can’t even move my head! I underestimated his strength. Also, he has long fingers. Ah! What am I thinking?!

 

Heechul’s face is now so near Ayu’s own that only a sheet of paper can fit in between them. His lips were also so close to Ayu’s that she can hear her heart pounding hard and fast.

 

Heechul’s smirk never left his face as he kissed the corner of Ayu’s mouth. Ayu quickly closed her eyes. Heechul laughed and let go of her. Ayu opened her eyes and glared at him.

 

“D-D-Don’t do that! I w-won’t b-be caught u-unguarded next t-time. Gosh, why did I-I have t-to b-be paired with you o-of all people? H-How unlucky!...”

 

Heechul smirked and then winked at her.

 

“You’re cute, Ayu. Won’t we have fun together? Alone? Oh, believe me, I’ll catch you off guard again next time. Aren’t you supposed to be thanking the heavens that you got paired with someone as debonair and good-natured as me? Didn’t you know that the most precious thing in the world is me, because if there was no me, nothing could ever work out in this world. So you should be praising yourself for being so lucky to have been paired up with someone as myself!”

 

Ayu blushed hard at the thought of her all alone with the ert. Also, she was SO speechless that she could only stare. Heechul laughed again.

 

“Look at that! Your face is so red, Ayu! How cute! Awww, Ayu is blushing! Do you want me to kiss you all better?”

 

If possible, Ayu’s face became redder.

 

“S-Shut u-up, p-ert! W-W-Who would w-want to g-get a k-kiss from y-you?”

 

“It’s alright, Ayu. You don’t have to deny it. Everyone loves me, and you are no exception to my skills and charm. Or else, why would you stutter? ert? Me? Hmmm. Maybe. I know that everyone wants me to kiss them. You’re lucky. You’re the first girl in our class whom I even got close enough to talk to, let alone kiss. You should be privileged.”

 

“Shut up, shut up, SHUT UP! As if I want to be kissed by you! erted cross-breed alien! Just leave already!”

 

Heechul smiled. Ayu gaped as she stared at him. He laughed.

 

“Me? An alien? How can you even think of comparing my divine looks to... an alien?! Tsk tsk, Ayu. Bad girl. *sigh* And I told you already, just take a picture since it lasts longer. But since I know you wouldn’t do it, I did it for you. Nice iPhone by the way, and what a cute wallpaper. You better not delete it! If you do, there’ll be... punishments. You wouldn’t want that, do you? Or… maybe you do? Bye, Ayu. I hope to see you again... soon.”

 

Ayu gasped as she grabbed her iPhone, scrolled through her photos, and looked for Heechul’s photo. She gasped again as she finally saw it.

 

“Y-Yah! Who do-“

 

Ayu realized that the ert already left. Stupid erted narcissist. She looked at the photo once more. He was smiling, but sort of smirking at the same time.

 

How did he even take that shot? What was I doing then? Was I really that unaware of my surroundings? Argh! Stupid!

 

Ayu vows that she must do everything in her willpower not to become distracted by Kim Heechul, the epitome of narcissism.

END FLASHBACK

 

~~~~~~

This is the longest chapter I have posted so far. So I hope you enjoyed reading. What a long flashback, ne? XD