Halloween

Prep

A/N: Aggressive roughness in this chapter



Autumn descended crisply and quickly on Shinhwa Prep campus. It rained often and students were in coats and hats by the beginning of October.

 

 

 

Taemin had a light windbreaker. He usually took Niel's hand-me-downs, but Niel had gotten a new coat the previous year and had nothing new to pass on. One afternoon when Taemin had returned to the dorm soaking and shivering, Seunghyun had been horrified. He had helped Taemin change into dry clothes, and warmed him up with cocoa and sweets. He then gave Taemin a coat of his.

 

“Hyung, I can't take this! It's too nice!” Taemin protested, looking at the way the coat fell to his knees. “And big. And what about you?”

 

“I have a second one,” Seunghyun's answered, zipping the coat up. He studied Taemin, sleeves hanging below his fingers, and smiled. “You look adorable in over-sized clothes.”

 

Taemin pouted.

 

“More so when you pout.”

 

 

 

As Halloween drew closer, Taemin and Neil became more and more excited. They always participated in Halloween festivities at home- from trick-or-treating when they were younger to passing out candy, decorating, and participating in local haunts when they were older. Their enthusiasm infected the others and Key decided to throw a Halloween party. Taemin was thrilled- until he found out Seunghyun wouldn't be attending.

 

“My parents and my sister will be visiting,” he explained. “But you know more people now so you'll be fine. Heechul, Ren, Donghae and Eunhyuk will all be there. And I'll have Jinki keep an eye on you.”

 

Taemin blushed. “I'll miss you,” he said softly.

 

Seunghyun smiled widely. “I'll miss you too,” he replied, chucking Taemin under the chin. “We'll have a special breakfast the next morning.”

 

 

 

Once Taemin learned there would be a party, figuring out his costume came next. He had no money for a one from the store and refused to let Seunghyun buy him one. It was Key who came up with the idea.

 

“Glamorous skeleton,” he declared.

 

“What does that even mean?” Jinki asked.

 

Key rolled his eyes and looked at Taemin. “Just ask Seunghyun for a suit. I'll do your makeup.”

 

 

 

Taemin pushed his dorm room open. “Seunghyun? Are you here? Do you have a suit? Key has this totally weird...” he stopped when he saw three strangers in his room. An older man leaned against his bed, and two women were seated on Seunghyun's bed. “Um....,” he floundered. “Hi.”

 

The older woman smiled and stood. She walked over to Taemin, holding out her hand. “I'm Seunghyun's mother.”

 

Oh. He should have known. The eyebrows.

 

Yes, our eyebrow game is on point,” Mrs. Choi grinned.

 

Taemin's eyes widened. “Did I say that out loud?” he whispered.

 

You're even cuter than Seunghyun says you are,” smirked the young woman on the bed.

 

I'm what?!”

 

 

 

Taemin? You okay?” Seunghyun entered the room just then.

 

I'm not cute,” Taemin blurted out, making everyone laugh.

 

Yes you are,” Mr. Choi finally spoke up. “My son has excellent taste.”

 

Taemin moved his mouth but no words came out.

 

Seunghyun wrapped an arm around Taemin's shoulders. “These are my parents, and my sister, Trouble.”

 

Hyeyoun,” she snorted.

 

Taemin bit his lip and offered a small wave.

 

Are you ready for Key's party?” Seunghyun asked.

 

Almost? He wants me to be some kind of skeleton, so he told me to ask if you had a suit.”

 

Sure,” Seunghyun replied, opening his closet. “It'll be a bit big on you, though.”

 

Great. I can be a hobo skeleton.”

 

Seunghyun chuckled and handed over the suit, along with a top hat. “Make sure you get pictures. And remember- breakfast tomorrow.”

 

 


The party was going well. Key had done his makeup and added a corset, gloves, and a fake cigar. He looked adorable and got a lot of attention. He only wished Seunghyun was there. Then the night would have been perfect. He stuck close to their circle of friends- he loved that he and Seunghyun shared the same friends. He was never left out. Even though their cooing was a little much at times, he felt safe. Cared for. He grinned at Niel, who reached out and tussled Taemin's hair under his hat.

 

 

 

A couple hours later- Taemin wasn't sure as he had lost track of time- he yawned and decided it was time to head back to his room.

 

I'll walk you,” Minsoo offered, standing up.

 

Taemin rolled his eyes. “It's literally the building the next door. It's highly unlikely the boogeyman will get me.”

 

Minsoo frowned, before letting out an exasperated sigh. “Fine, but if Seunghyun kills me, I'm haunting you forever.”

 

Taemin just saluted and left the party.

 

 

 

Taemin decided to take the tunnel instead of heading outside. It may have been a short distance between the buildings, but it was cold and misty out. The tunnel wasn't really a tunnel since it was above ground. It was more of a closed-in walkway. It was well- lit, but most importantly, it was warm. He had just made it to his building when someone reached out and grabbed him.

 

 

 

A werewolf. He was face to face with a werewolf. That is, until the mask was pulled off to reveal a sweaty, leering Minho.

 

My, what a scary mask you have,” Taemin whispered.

 

Minho looked pleased, and moved closer to Taemin. “Thanks, baby. I wanted to look good for you.”

 

Taemin backed into the wall. “Th-thanks, but I need to get to my room now.”

 

Minho slammed his hands on the wall on either side of of Taemin's head. “I was hoping we could pick up what we started last month before your guard dog interfered.” He leaned forward to kiss Taemin, who ducked his head. Growling, one of Minho's hands gripped Taemin's chin roughly, smearing the meticulous face paint.

 

Tears welled in Taemin's eyes.

 

That wasn't a request, you little .”

 

Let me go, Minho. Please.”

 

Minho moved in for another try, but Taemin was able to wrench out of his grasp. He didn't get very far when Minho pulled him back and slammed him against the wall. Taemin cried out.

 

Minho!”

 

 

 

Taemin and Minho turned to see Jonghyun running towards them. He ran into Minho and knocked him over.

 

Get out of here, Taemin,” Jonghyun panted. “Go on, I'll hold him off.”

 

Tears were spilling down Taemin's cheeks, further ruining his makeup. He was frozen for a moment before slowly sliding down the hall, still pressed against the wall. When he had cleared Minho, he took off running to his room.

 

 

 

Seunghyun was stretched out on his bed, reading. He'd returned an hour previous to an empty room. Although he missed Taemin, he hoped his roommate was having a good time. If anyone deserved fun, it was him.

 

The quiet was broken by the door being slammed open, then slammed shut by a trembling, all too familiar figure.

 

Taemin?” Seunghyun called incredulously, tossing his book aside. He stood up and approached his roommate slowly.

 

 

 

Taemin was panting and knowing he was safe with Seunghyun made the tears flow. “I-it was M-minho. Jong s-saved me.” He trembled. Seunghyun reached out and took Taemin's hands gently into his. He removed the top hat and smoothed Taemin's hair back.

 

Let's get you cleaned up, okay?”

 

Taemin nodded and allowed himself to be led.

 

In the bathroom, Seunghyun leaned Taemin against the sink and grabbed a washcloth. He wet it and slowly and gently cleaned Taemin's face. Taemin's tears had stopped and he was quiet and still. When he was finished, Seunghyun grabbed his softest, fluffiest towel and gently dried him, frowning at the finger marks on Taemin's lower cheeks. Impulsively, he leaned over and kissed them gently.

 

 

 

Taemin's eyes widened, and a small smile flit about his lips. Seunghyun smiled before leaning in to press his lips against Taemin's. Taemin sighed and slid his arms around Seunghyun's neck. Seunghyun slowly opened his mouth, tentatively sliding his tongue forward. He groaned when it came into contact with Taemin's. Gently cradling Taemin's face in his hands, his heart fluttered with each little whimper Taemin released. Seunghyun slowly pulled back and rubbed his nose along Taemin's cheek. “Want to sleep with me tonight?” he murmured.

 

Taemin nodded so hard Seunghyun was afraid he'd get whiplash.

 

Just to sleep, goober,” Seunghyun chided fondly.

 

Taemin blushed hotly. “I know.”

 

Jammies and bed in five.” Seunghyun kissed Taemin's forehead and left the bathroom, heading to his bed. He put his book on his nightstand and straightened his bed as best as he could. There was no room for an extra pillow, so they'd have to share. Butterflies filled his belly as he climbed into bed but he couldn't figure out why. Taemin finally exited the bathroom, blushing as he shuffled over to Seunghyun's bed. Seunghyun rolled over to make room, lifting the blankets up for Taemin. Taemin slid in and Seunghyun pulled him close so the he rest his head on Seunghyun's chest.

 

 

 

Seunghyun?”

 

Mmm?

 

There was a beat of silence. Then, “Thank you.”

 

Seunghyun smiled and kissed his finger which he then pressed to Taemin's nose. He fell asleep running his fingers through Taemin's hair.

 


A/N: Taemin's costume:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic