Introduction

Prep

Taemin and Niel clung to each other as they waited for their names to be called. They had just transferred to their new school, Shinhwa Prepatory Boarding School, and they were being assigned to their new rooms- and roommates- two weeks before the term started. Each incoming freshman was paired with a senior to learn the ropes and meet new people.

 

“Ahn Daniel and Bang Minsoo.”

 

Niel stood up after receiving a hand squeeze from Taemin, his roommate standing as well.

 

“He's hot, Niel,” Taemin whispered, smiling.

 

“Shut up!” Niel hissed, blushing. He walked over to where Minsoo stood, smirking.

 

“Lee Taemin and Choi Seunghyun.”

 

Taemin stood slowly, looking for the boy whom he would be living with for the next year. He was startled by a gentle hand grasping his elbow, and he turned to find the hottest guy he'd ever seen smiling down at him.

 

 

 

 

Choi Seunghyun was tall, with caramel colored hair, smooth tan skin, and a strong, chiseled jaw. He was wearing thick black glasses, skinny jeans, and a black sweater. It was a good thing Seunghyun didn't let go as he guided Taemin to stand next to Niel and Minsoo, otherwise Taemin would have tripped over himself. He caught Niel's knowing smirk and stuck out his tongue, knowing his friend already knew what he thought of Seunghyun. Seunghyun raised an eyebrow and Taemin blushed, staring at the floor. He didn't lift his head again, although he peeked at Seunghyun once, only to find the upperclassman watching him. Taemin blushed again and quickly averted his eyes.

 

 

 

 

When they were finally released to go to their rooms, students flooded the hallways. Taemin walked behind Seunghyun, trying to take everything in while trying not to lose Seunghyun.

 

“Hey, Taemin!” a voice called.

 

Taemin turned to see Niel and Minsoo walking up to him.

 

“You really lucked out getting Choi as a roommate,” Minsoo said when they caught up with him. “Top of the class, most popular, wealthiest, and need I mention, best looking?”

 

Seunghyun rolled his eyes. “You sound like you're writing a dating profile for me.”

 

Taemin had to bit the inside of his cheek when Seunghyun spoke, the deep voice thrumming through him.

 

“No dating profile necessary. All you have to do is smile and everyone throws themselves at you- guys and girls alike.”

 

“Girls?” Niel asked.

 

“There's an all- girl campus about a mile from here,” Seunghyun explained. “Sometimes we have mixers and such, but for the most part we're separate campuses.”

 

“It's a good thing I like boys, otherwise I'd be jealous of all the attention,” Minsoo frowned.

 

“I thought you said guys like him, too,” Niel said.

 

Minsoo scowled and Seunghyun laughed.

 

“You're gonna be great for Minsoo's ego,” Seunghyun said, and turned to Taemin. “Come on, our room's right down the hall.”

 

 

 

 

Taemin waved at Niel, who was turning into his own room. He sighed with relief, knowing his best friend was only five doors down. He turned back to see Seunghyun smiling at him. Blushing, Taemin slipped past him into his new home. Two beds were at opposite corners of the room- one in the right corner by the door, the other in the left corner by the window. Next to each bed was a nightstand, with a desk on the opposite. There was a small dresser across from each bed, and a mini refrigerator leaned against one wall. One of the beds looked like it had been claimed- it had a different pillow and an extra blanket.

 

“I've had this room since I was a freshman,” Seunghyun said softly. “I hope you don't mind if I take this bed.”

 

“That's fine,” Taemin said, hauling his stuff to the bed by the window.

 

“Do you need help unpacking?”

 

Taemin blushed. “N-no. That's okay.”

 

Seunghyun smiled, bringing out a pair of dimples, and Taemin thought he would explode. “If you need any help at all, just ask. You can decorate however you want- this is your room, too.”

 

 

 

 

They spent the next half hour unpacking in silence, Seunghyun stopping to watch Taemin from time to time. Tall and thin- too thin, in Seunghyun's opinion- he had long auburn hair and plump lips that had Seunghyun wondering if they were as soft as they looked. Taemin was cute when he blushed but downright beautiful when he smiled. Seunghyun's musings were interrupted by Taemin calling his name.

 

“Hmm?”

 

“Will you help me hang my bulletin board?” Taemin asked shyly.

 

Seunghyun smiled. “Sure.”

 

He took the board from Taemin and positioned it above the bed, straightened and secured it into place. He joined Taemin at the foot of the bed. “Do you have any photos for it?”

 

Taemin nodded. “They're pretty much all me and Niel.”

 

“We'll change that,” Seunghyun smiled. “You'll make tons of friends here.”

 

Taemin's eyes welled and he bit his lip to keep from crying.

 

“Hey, it's okay,” Seunghyun said softly. Moving behind Taemin, he wrapped his arms around the freshman's waist and settled his chin on his shoulder. “It's okay to be overwhelmed. There's a lot to take in. But your best friend is right down the hall, and I'll be here every step of the way. I'm gonna take good care of you.”

 

 

 

 

Taemin took a deep breath, breathing in Seunghyun's scent. They were startled out of their reveries by Taemin's stomach growling. Seunghyun laughed, breaking the tension.

 

“Come on, it's lunch time,” Seunghyun pulled Taemin from the room, tucking the tiny arm through his own, marveling at the difference in their size and skin tone. “The cafeteria serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner, but you can buy sundry items from the general store.”

 

They passed Niel and Minsoo's door, and Niel came stumbling out, face flushed, and grinning. He looped his arm in Taemin's free one, as Minsoo exited behind him, wide smirk in place.

 

“No room for me?” Minsoo asked, falling behind Seunghyun, Taemin, and Niel. Niel could only giggle.

 

Taemin turned and smiled up at Seunghyun, who smiled back and raised a eyebrow.

 

“I was telling Taemin about the general store,” Seunghyun explained.

 

“That place has everything you need,” Minsoo replied.

 

“What if you need more clothes?” Taemin asked.

 

“It depends on what you need. The hop is meant to have a little bit of everything, kind of like a drugstore. We are allowed a trip to town one Saturday a month for anything extra.”

 

 

The cafeteria was slowly filling with students when they arrived. Seunghyun and Taemin secured a table while Niel and Minsoo loaded their trays.

 

“How much are we allowed?” Taemin whispered to Niel when he returned.

 

“As much as you want,” Minsoo responded kindly. “But you aren't allowed seconds, so make sure you load up good on your turn.”

 

Seunghyun guided Taemin through the line, putting extra food on the boy's tray when he thought Taemin wasn't selecting enough. When they sat down, Taemin grinned at Niel.

 

“I've never had this much food,” he whispered.

 

Niel winked at him and stole a tomato wedge off his plate.

 

“Do you want to see the general store after this?” Seunghyun asked.

 

Taemin shook his head. “My parents didn't give me any fun money, and my scholarship doesn't cover it.”

 

“I could pick something up for you.”

 

Taemin blushed. “That's okay. I have everything I need.”

 

 

 

 

Niel and Minsoo headed for the store as Seunghyun and Taemin headed back to their dorm.

 

“You can go with them,” Taemin suggested. “It's okay.”

 

“I'm fine with you,” Seunghyun answered, winking.

 

“I'm not a baby,” Taemin pouted.

 

Seunghyun wanted to point out the opposite with that pout, but Taemin was just too cute. Instead, he wrapped an arm around Taemin's neck and pulled him close. “I know. But you're stuck with me.”

 

“Seunghyun!” a voice called out.

 

Seunghyun lifted his head and guided Taemin to a pair of beautiful young men. “Heechul,” Seunghyun said to the brunette. “Ren,” to the blonde.

 

“Is this your roommate?” Heechul asked. “He's pretty.”

 

Taemin's cheeks burned and ducked his head, causing Seunghyun to grin widely at him.

 

“I'm adopting him,” Heechul declared.

 

“Oh no you're not,” Seunghyun scowled, wrapping his arms around Taemin. “The last thing we need is another you.”

 

Ren snorted. “Save him while there's still time.”

 

“Yah!”

 

Taemin giggled and Seunghyun smiled down at him. He ruffled Heechul's hair (much to his displeasure) and pinched Ren's cheek and pulled Taemin back to their room. “Good, you're safe.”

 

Taemin grinned. “Your friends are pretty cool.”

 

Seunghyun smiled back. “Yeah, and they like you,” he ruffled Taemin's hair. “You'll be fine here.”

 

 

 


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic