Chapter 5: We Were Friends

I Need You//당신이 필요 해요// A BaekYeol fanfic

Last Episode of 'I Need You':

While Baek and Soo were talking, they didn't notice that someone was spying on them

----------

Normal - Korean
Italic - Chinese

A boy with pastel pink hair grinned to a boy with light brown hair, who on his turn was grinning widely too.

"So this'll protect me against their powers, right?", the brown haired boy asked towards the pink haired boy, who looked slightly feminine.

"Yes, it will. Now do you understand the plan?", the pink haired asked.

"Yes, I do"

----------

"Wait, wait, wait. Before I start being happy, how did you find out?", Baekhyun asked.

"Well... it's... I don't know. I just have this feeling", Kyungsoo answered, not exactly knowing why he thinks Jongin's a wolf.

"I guess it's his scent?"

"Wow, that's useless", Baekhyun said, annoyed. He was about to turn around to go back to the cafeteria, but he was stopped by Kyungsoo grabbing his arm.

"Please, help me. I'm so confused. I just met him and now he's stuck in my head. I can't focus on what teachers say since recess ended--", Kyungsoo started.

"Wait, recess!?"

"Yeah, that's when I imprinted on him"

"Imprinted!?", Baekhyun then shouted.

"Could you please shut your mouth, you're being too loud", Kyungsoo said while putting his index finger on Baekhyun's mouth.

"And didn't I already say I imprinted?"

"No, you did not. You only said he's a wolf", Baekhyun said, returning to his sassy self.

"Oh, well. But what do I do? Do I just walk up to Jongin and tell him what I think? What if he's not a wolf and he freaks out? He'll think I'm a psycho! And if he is a wolf, do we mate immediately? Or do we wait until the right time? Or maybe he's an omega himself? No, that can't be. An omega can't possibly imprint on another omega, right? AAAGGH! WHY'S IT SO COMPLICATED?" Kyungsoo's head was spinning with questions and it clearly hit a nerve at Baekhyun's side. After a while Baekhyun just slapped Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo then mouthed a 'Thank you'.

Right after that Baekhyun and Kyungsoo turn their heads towards the corner of the hall as they heard a stray chuckle escaping someone's mouth. The chuckle immediately faded out.

"W-Who's there?", Kyungsoo asked quietly. The pair waited for a response, but they didn't get one, so Kyungsoo asked it again. This time he sounded louder, firmer.

Finally they got a response. From the corner of the hall a boy with light brown hair showed himself. The boy was looking with a serious poker-face, but the curled ends of his mouth made him look friendly and his feline eyes complimented it perfectly. The boy had a cat look. He was wearing a simple white shirt, black suspenders, a matching tie, simple dark blue skinny jeans and a pair of blue and white Converse All Stars. You would say he looked like a typical nerd, but the guy in question was extremely good looking and well built.

"Well, I've been caught", the boy said, now revealing a slight smirk.

Baekhyun was in utter shock, he knows the guy all too well and he knows that he's up to no good.

"What are you doing here!?", Baekhyun shouted towards the boy, showing nothing but anger. Kyungsoo on the other hand was completely confused. He has never seen this guy before, so he can't be a student, right? He decided to ask Baekhyun about it.

"Baek, who's this?", he whispered

"Someone dangerous", Baekhyun answered, also whispering.

"Wow, you are bad at introducing people", the boy said with a mocking tone.

"I am Kim Jongdae, better known as Chen. I'm a childhood friend of Baekhyun's", The boy, now known as Jongdae or Chen, said while bowing.

"You were never a friend, you killed almost everyone in the village who trusted you! And now you dare call me a friend!?", Baekhyun shouted in response to the word that sounded cringe-worthy when it came out of Chen's mouth. Friend.

"They would've died sooner or later, so what does it matter?"

"What does it matter? What does it matter!? We trusted you! I, we, thought of you as a friend! And then you massacre us!? Who could've thought that a wild wolf of only a hundred years old could be that evil? You know what, you're just a--"

"YOU KNOW NOTHING! You don't know what it's like to lose everyone who's important to you! You don't know what it's like to see your whole pack get killed by humans, just for their pleasure! I wanted everyone to feel the pain I felt! But before I could kill you, you were gone. You just moved to Seoul and got new friends. And now you're the one telling me I'm a bad friend!?". Chen didn't notice the tears rolling on his cheeks until Kyungsoo came up to him and hugged him tightly.

"I know you're not a bad person, you just have a lot of feelings kept inside of you. I know you didn't want to kill them, you were just frustrated", Kyungsoo said. For a brief moment Chen felt okay, but that feeling immediately faded as he looked up and saw Baekhyun again. He pushed Kyungsoo away from him and said: "I don't need sympathy from you filthy wolves! And for your information, I became a wolf hunter, so if you don't leave, I could kill you right on the spot."

Kyungsoo immediately backed off with a shocked look on his face.

"B-But why would you wanna hunt your own kind? You're a wolf yourself!"

"I know that and that's why I know that wolves are dangerous. I need to kill all wolves. I don't want any wolf to kill more innocent people. I don't want any wolf like me to hold grudges at humans. And after I killed all wolves, there'll be no more dangers in the world"

"You're just crazy!", Baekhyun said, his eyes full of horror.

In response to that, Chen just grinned widely.

"You have approximately twenty minutes until lunch break's over. Enjoy your meal", Chen said and then he turned and just walked away, every step he took resonating in the empty hallway.

"Euhm, Baek. Let's just go and eat", Kyungsoo said tugging on Baekhyun's sleeve.

He slowly nodded in response, still looking in the direction Chen walked.

he's become a monster, Baekhyun thought.

----------

"Where were you guys?", Sehun asked as D.O and Baekhyun were about to sit at the table. Baekhyun was about to sit next to Kai, but Kyungsoo gave him a death glare that gave Baekhyun chills down his spine.

"You know what, I'd rather sit there, next to Sehunnie. D.O, let's switch", Baekhyun said with an, obviously fake, smile.

"Sure, if you insist"

D.O was smiling like an idiot now and was continuously glancing at Jongin while Jongin does the exact same thing.

"Ahem, you still didn't answer my question", Sehun said with a sassy tone to his voice, interrupting the KaiSoo's sweet moment.

"euhm, we were just talking about, euh, about...", Baekhyun started nervously.

"The school choir!", Kyungsoo fastly added.

"Yes, yes. We wanna audition fir the school choir and we were discussing about what song we should sing", Baekhyun said not sounding nervous anymore.

"Oh, cool", Suho said not wanting to stretch the topic. He was kinda distracted by a sweet smell hanging around the table. It were pheromones.

"Chanyeol, do you also smell strong pheromones coming from Baekhyun?", Suho whispered into Chanyeol's ear.

"Yeah I do, but he's human, right?"

"I'm pretty sure he is. Maybe he met up with someone who happens to be a wolf?"

"D.O, I'm not really feeling all too well, to be honest", Baekhyun said surprising Kyungsoo.

"Ah, you're probably still shocked from a few moments ago", Kyungsoo responded.

"I think I'm gonna go home for nom"

"I'm coming with you, so wait for me, okay?"

Kyungsoo turned to Jongin and told him to tell the others that Baekhyun's sick and that they're going home for a while.

----------

"It's been 4 week-days now that Baekhyun and D.O have been home. I'm starting to get really worried", Chanyeol said towards Suho as they entered the grand, dark blue colored, wooden door. As usual a group of girls have gathered to 'stalk' the four guys entering the school. They've been here for barely a month and a half and they already have their own fanclub.

"Yeah... You have Baek's number, right!? Call him, maybe he'll answer", Suho suggested Chanyeol to do. Before Chanyeol could even grab his phone, his ringtone 'Automatic' by Red Velvet started playing. When he looked at the number, it was unknown, but he picked it up anyway.

"Yoboseyo?"

"Chanyeol! It's Baekhyun! He needs you, come ASAP!" It was Kyungsoo and he was sounding extremely worried.

"Wait? Why?"

"I don't know why, he said you're the only one who could help him at this moment!", Kyungsoo shouted and then hung up.

"Who was that? What's wrong?", Jongin asked towards Chanyeol who was looking worried.

"It was D.O, he said Baekhyun needs me. He sounded extremely worried. I need to get there ASAP!"

"We're coming with you!", the other three said in unison.

----------

"Where's he!?", Chanyeol said as soon as Kyungsoo opened the door. Chanyeol knows the adress of the house because Baekhyun once told him. They sometimes meet up.

"Upstairs"

Chanyeol swiftly jumped up the stairs, skipping it and swiftly entering Baekhyun's room. The strong pheromone smell he already smelled was back and this time the smell was even stronger. Chanyeol was going crazy inside, the pheromones make him wild and aggressive. He wanted someone, now. When he walked up to Baekhyun he noticed he was all red, breathing heavily and uncontrolably and he was shouting out Chanyeol's name. It seems that he didn't notice he was already inside his room.
Chanyeol needed a little bit of time to process all that is happening. All the symptoms Baekhyun is showing comes back to one thing. The heat. That's when it hit him, it all fits together perfectly.

"B-Baekhyun, a-are you a wolf?"