Payment

For Sale/For Rent

"Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!” Everyone shouted their lungs off as they all sat up from their bed.

            They all went out of their rooms, found each other in the middle of the hallway and shouted. “Aaaaaaaaaaaaaah!”

            They looked at each other and shouted again. “Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!”

           Then they stopped and looked around. They realized that they were back in their dorms and they were still wearing what they wore that night after their concert: Jonghyun, Key, and Minho on their pajamas; Onew still on his SHINee World concert outfit; and Taemin without his pajama top on. They shouted again.

            “Aaaaaaaaaaaaaah!”

            “I had this dream and it was horrible–”

            “–Minho didn`t know that we`re supposed to go to the beach–”

            “–There was this girl at the window–”

            “–Her face was all bloody–”

            “–I thought it was real–”

        SHINee shouted their lungs off again then they all covered their mouth. They ran towards Jonghyun and Key`s shared rooms, opened Jonghyun`s laptop and started searching about anything familiar with their dream... nightmare.

            They found a familiar picture of the house and clicked on it. It was an article:

Ever found this house on your way? Beware. Do not get near or inside the house. Even though the house is for sale or for rent, it is said that it is haunted. A long time ago, it was said that that house was a dorm of four certain girls and an old woman. One night, a group of men took advantage of them, them, killed them, slitting their throats open and removing their eyes out of their sockets, and locked them inside a room.

            “Oh my god, it exists...” Key breathed as SHINee read the article.

No one ever stayed there for more than one night. Some people have seen how the girls looked like: all white and bloody. It was said that the old woman was the one who called up that group of men because she was tired of taking care of those stubborn girls. The said old woman was found dead a few weeks after. The used-to-be neighbors believed that it was either due to a heart attack, because of age, or the girls had revenge on her. No one really knows the truth.

            SHINee stared at the article and gulped. Their dream... That nightmare seemed so real. What happened?

            Minho then remembered that he was the one who tried opening the door at the end of the hallway. That must have triggered everything.


SHINee woke up the next day, feeling as if they never had a good sleep. Oh well, that day, they didn`t have any schedule so they planned on resting their butts off the whole day. Key groggily did his daily routines. It was different from the dream. Jonghyun would have said that he needed to sleep more because he deserves it but no.

            But it`s a good thing...

            Because Key knew that dream will never happen.

          So everyone was awake and was already waiting for their managers to come and remind them of their schedules. They were all sleepy and they really wanted to sleep. After awhile, Manager Choi Jin and Manager Gyeong Shik arrived.

            “Good noon, boys,” They both greeted but SHINee just greeted them back with a sleepy nod.

            “Still tired?” Manager Gyeong smiled.

            “Well, good news, boys!” Manager Choi grinned. “You see, we`ve all thought about this very well. Don`t you think all of you deserves some rest? You`ve done a great job with the concerts and so we thought of giving you boys a week`s vacation.”

            “How does that sound?” Manager Gyeong smiled big.

            SHINee widened their eyes, drowsiness temporarily leaving them then they shook their heads no.

            “What?” Their managers blinked. “What`s wrong?”

            “M-Maybe we`ll pass this time,” Jonghyun gave a nervous laugh.

            “Yeah, we`ll be fine... for now,” Onew scratched his head.

            “Are you sure?” Manager Gyeong asked, “It might take you boys awhile to have a week`s vacation,”

            “If you don`t want a week`s vacation right now, I`ll be accepting new schedules for all of you,” said Manager Choi.

            “Go ahead, hyungs...” Key waved a hand in the air.

            “Just... not this time,” said Minho.

            “Don`t worry, we`ll live...” Taemin nodded.

            “Alright, if you say so,” The two managers looked at each other and shrugged.

          After reminding SHINee of their schedules, they walked them out of their dorm and bowed their heads. The manager bowed back and left. When Key closed the door, he leaned his back on it and closed his eyes.

            “Well... That turned out quite differently from the dream,” said Jonghyun.

            “Yeah,” Key nodded.

            “At least,” Onew sighed in relief

            SHINee was about to go back to their own rooms when someone knocked on their door again.

            Key opened the door then they all widened their eyes.

            “You forgot to leave your payment,” The old woman grinned at them and laughed.

            SHINee shouted their butts off and banged the door shut.