Shivers and Goosebumps

For Sale/For Rent

"Geronimo!" Jonghyun shouted when he jumped on the pool. The water splashed at Taemin and Onew and the three laughed.

            Key was grilling steak at the backyard beside the swimming pool. He was thankful that he and Minho had bought enough food for everyone for the week. He was also thankful that the place had a grill. It was like camping out.

            Minho set the plastic table up and placed the plates and utensils down.

            “Aren`t you guys going to go swim?” Jonghyun called while Taemin splashed some water at him. “Yah!” He glared at Taemin and started to splash some water towards him as well.

            “Onew-hyuuuung~!” Taemin called as he hid behind Onew. “Jonghyun-hyung`s being mean!”

            “Yah, Hyung, he started it!” Jonghyun pointed.

            Onew grinned and splashed water on Jonghyun then he laughed.

            “Two versus one! No fair!” Jonghyun dove his body down. He grabbed Onew`s legs and pulled them which made Onew outbalance. He fell backwards which made Taemin fall as well so they all fell.

            “Don`t hurt yourselves over there,” Key called as he poked the steak. It was still soft.

            “Deh~!” The three chorused as they started attacking each other on the pool.

            “Is the steak cooked already?” Minho asked as he stood beside Key, his arm finding his way on the boy`s waist.

            Key shivered at the contact and elbowed him on the side which made Minho wince in pain.

            “Yah, what was that for?” Minho rubbed his side.

            “For touching me,” Key said.

            “Aish, Hyung,” Minho wrapped an arm around Key`s shoulder and said, “You don`t really mind, right?”

            “Shoulders, no; Waist, yes.” Key plainly answered, “I don`t get why you and Jonghyun-hyung keep on touching me.”

            Minho chuckled, “You`re taking it the wrong way, aren`t you?”

            Key elbowed his side again.

            “Yaaah~!” Minho glared at Key.

            Key glared Minho, “The steak`s not yet cooked so if you want to join the boys, go ahead.”

            “You`re not swimming?” Minho asked.

            “Maybe later,”

            “Alright,” Minho nodded then he made his way towards the pool.

            “Yay, Minho-hyung!” Taemin widened his arms.

            Minho jumped in the pool and hugged Taemin, spinning themselves around and laughing.

            “At last, you joined!” Jonghyun grinned, jumping on Minho`s back.

            “I got Minho-hyung first!” Taemin, who was still hugging Minho, pouted at Jonghyun.

            Jonghyun just stuck his tongue out then he noticed Onew looking at the house. “Onew-hyung?”

            Onew didn`t answer.

            Minho and Taemin looked at Onew as well.

            “Onew-hyung?” Taemin tilted his head to the side. He let go of Minho, walked towards Onew, and shook him.

            Onew blinked and turned to look Taemin, “Huh?”

            “Are you okay?”

            “Ah, yeah,” Onew looked at the window where he was staring at awhile ago and he didn`t see anyone anymore.

            “What are you staring at, Hyung?” Jonghyun looked at the window as well. “Hey, that`s Minho`s room, right?”

            “Yeah,” Onew muttered.

            “Is something the matter?” Minho asked.

            Onew cleared his throat, thinking that the girl in white that he saw on the window was just his imagination. “Yeah... I mean none. I`m okay,” He smiled.


Taemin didn`t really like the feeling he felt when the night came. He kept on looking around the house as if someone was watching him when in fact there is none. He is getting goose bumps every now and then and he felt really cold. Was it him or it suddenly got cold?

            “Some peace at last,” said Jonghyun as he leaned his back on the sofa. “It`s so quiet here, isn`t it?”

            “Yeah,” The rest of the SHINee members nodded.

            “And that`s what scares me the most...” Taemin muttered, rubbing his palms against his arms.

            “Are you feeling cold, Taemin-ah?” Minho asked.

            “Ah, deh, Hyung...” Taemin nodded but he knew it was more to it than feeling cold. He felt Minho`s arms around his shoulders then he was being pulled towards him.

            “Better?”

            “Mm,” Taemin nodded, leaning his head on Minho`s chest, “Kamsahamnida, Hyung...”

            It was the first time Onew checked out his phone. He saw that there were more than a hundred miscalls from their managers and more than fifty messages. He told his friends.

            “Meh, don`t mind them...” Key shrugged, crossing his legs and arms.

            “Boys, I suggest you get back here right this instant,” Onew read one of the messages.

            “Yeah? You expect us to get back there right this instant when we`re like... lost?” Jonghyun chuckled.

            “Aigoo, Manager Choi`s calling,” said Onew as his phone vibrated on his palm.

            “Well, you know what to do,” Key shrugged, “Don`t answer,”

            Onew laughed. “Let`s just go to sleep,”

            “You sleepy head,” Minho chuckled.

            They all stood up and went up to the second floor. Minho noticed the door that he`s been trying to open that day was already open.

            “Yah, did anyone of you open that door?” Minho pointed.

            The rest of the members looked at where Minho was pointing then Taemin suddenly felt goose bumps.

            “No,” Jonghyun answered, “I didn`t actually notice there`s a door there until you pointed it out,” He shrugged.

            “Let`s go check it out?” Key said, starting to walk towards it but Taemin automatically grabbed his hyung`s wrist.

            “No,” He said.

            Key blinked at him and asked, “Waeyo?”

            “L-Let`s just leave it be, Hyung...” Taemin started trembling.

            “Taeminnie, why are you shaking?” Key worriedly asked when he noticed it. He cupped Taemin`s cheeks and he felt his cold skin. “And you`re cold,”

            “I`m... I`m okay,” Taemin assured.

            “We better rest,” said Jonghyun, “Taemin must be tired... We`re all tired, it was a long day.”

            “Deh,” Everyone nodded and went on their respective rooms but before Minho went to his, he decided to close the door.