Lost

For Sale/For Rent

"Hyung... Key-hyung, wake up...”

            Key stirred on his seat for awhile then later on, opened his eyes. He was greeted by a bright light. He adjusted his sight and looked around. There weren`t any houses or buildings anymore. All there were to see are trees and fields.

            “What time is it?” He asked.

            “About six-thirty in the morning, Hyung,” Minho answered sleepily.

            “Where are we? Where`s the beach?” Key asked.

         “The beach?” Minho raised his voice a little, his eyes widening. His drowsiness left temporarily after hearing Key. “You wanted to go to the beach?!”

            “Uh, yeah?” Key answered, “Isn`t that what a vacation for?”

            “Aish, Hyung!” Minho banged a hand on the steering wheel, “You could have said that earlier...!”

            “What? I thought you knew where we`re supposed to go!” Key exclaimed.

           “What do you mean I knew where we`re supposed to go?” Minho asked back, “I asked you last night where you wanted to go and you just ing shrugged, telling me to just get out of here!”

            “Are you blaming me?!” Key gasped.

          “Hyung, I`m not blaming you, okay?” Minho said, trying to calm himself down. He was getting pissed off that he stepped on the brakes to stop the car. “But if you could have told me that you wanted to go to the beach, we would have been there by now!”

            “Well, how could you not think of going to the beach?!”

            “Well, I`m sorry for not thinking the same way you do!”

           “Yah!” Jonghyun shouted, waking up because of the noise he was hearing. “What the hell are you guys arguing about? Did you forget that there are three sleeping people here at the back?! It`s ing what? Six in the morning?!”

            “Six-thirty,” Minho corrected.

            “Fine, six-thirty in the morning?!” Jonghyun rolled his eyes, “It`s ing early! Where the hell are we anyway?!” He looked around, seeing trees and fields. No car and no people seemed to be passing by.

            “What is all that noise?” Onew grumbled, waking up. “How could I sleep with all of you guys shouting inside the car? It`s so loud, you know?”

            “That`s why it`s ing called shouting!” Key shouted, “Why am I surrounded with idiots again?!”

            “Yah!” Jonghyun glared at Key.

           “Look who`s talking!” Minho retorted. “If you`re not idiotic enough, you could have told me to head on the beach instead of telling me to just get out of here!”

            Taemin has already woken up, rubbing his eyes. “Where are we? Why are you all fighting?” He asked sleepily.

            Key just groaned and leaned back on his seat.

            Then everyone fell quiet.

            Jonghyun was looking outside the window. Onew was patting Taemin`s head to assure him that everything`s going to be fine. Key was glaring outside the window while Minho had his arms and head above the steering wheel.

            “Minho, have you gotten any sleep yet?” Onew gently asked.

            “No, Hyung,” Minho answered softly.

            “Why don`t you park the car on the side for awhile and sleep?” Onew smiled.

            “Deh,” Minho sat up, started the car and parked it on the side carefully. He turned his head to look at Onew and smiled, “Thanks, Hyung,”

            “You`re welcome,” Onew smiled back.

          Minho inclined his seat backwards and closed his eyes. He really felt tired and sleepy with all those nonstop driving. After awhile, he fell asleep. Onew opened the window. He had heard that people sleeping inside a parked car and closed windows can die because of the carbon dioxide circling around the place and not being able to go out.

            “I`m going out for awhile,” Key said, opening the door. He then went out and slammed the door shut.

            Onew sighed as Taemin leaned his head back on his hyung`s shoulder. Onew was supposed to tell Key not to go too far but Key quickly closed the door.

            “Onew-hyung, do you know where we are?” He asked.

            “Ani,” Onew answered, “but don`t worry, we`ll find our way.” I hope...


Key decided to walk around, careful not to lose his way. He was really pissed off. How could Minho not know that they were supposed to go to the beach? Isn`t it like... common sense that when a person says the word “vacation”, the beach immediately pops out in your head?

            He groaned, stomping his feet. Now, they don`t even know where they are! Are they lost? Did Minho even know where they were going? Probably not, Key thought. Minho sure would have been so sleepy to even bother looking at the signs. Where are other people? Shouldn`t they be working or on their way to work right now? The place seemed a little... deserted though. Key started to get goose bumps so he rubbed his palms up and down his arms.

            Where were they?

         Key turned around; the car was still there although it was already small. He shouldn`t walk too far or else he might get lost. He continued walking, looking around wherever they were. He saw a small pathway on the side so he decided to follow it. I should remember which way I am walking so that I`ll find my way out here without a sweat, he thought. Key stopped on his tracks when he saw a house not too far from where he was standing. He wondered why it suddenly felt... empty.

            He walked towards it and looked around. “Hello?” He called but no one answered. He called again but still, there was nothing. He went to the front door and saw a sign. It says “For Sale/Rent.” Hmm... This could work... He thought, nodding. He started walking back but his feet started to feel a little heavy. He didn`t mind it though. He started jogging to the path where he came and saw the main street. The car was still there.