A Thought

For Sale/For Rent

"Aish, I`m so tired!" Jonghyun groaned as he let himself fall on the couch. They have reached home at around one o`clock in the morning after their concert and they all needed to take a rest... No, they needed to sleep badly because they haven`t had any decent sleep for almost three weeks due to practices and schedules.

            “Yah, Yeobo, go straight to your room!” Key nagged as he fixed their shoes on the floor before going inside.

            “Aish, Key. You still have the strength to nag us all?” Jonghyun groaned on the couch`s pillow.

            “I`m not nagging, Kim Jonghyun.” Key rolled his eyes, “Look, just go up to our room, arasso?” He approached Jonghyun, grabbed his wrist and pulled him up.

            Jonghyun wobbly followed and Key assisted him to their shared rooms.

            Taemin immediately dove on his bed while Minho took off his shirt and searched inside the closet to find a pair of fresh comfortable pajamas.

            “Taemin-ah, don`t sleep yet. You need to shower first.” Minho reminded, walking his way to the bathroom.

            “Deh~” Taemin sleepily nodded in reply but after awhile, when Minho got out of the bathroom after showering, he already found Taemin fast asleep.

            “Aish,” He sighed, walking over to their closet. He took Taemin`s pajamas and carefully changed the maknae`s clothes for him, careful not to wake him up.

            Onew knew Key will kill him if he sees him this way but he didn`t bother to shower nor change his clothes. He just lied down on his bed alone, sleep coming over him then he started dreaming of his beloved chicken.


The next day, Key`s alarm clock rang when it reached six o`clock in the morning. He lazily opened his eyes to turn it off and sat up, rubbing his eyes. Aish, another day... He thought. It was a good thing that everyone didn`t have any schedules for today and was free. Even so, that doesn`t tell him to stop waking them up early. He was about to get out of bed when he heard Jonghyun speak from the other side of the room. He was still lying down on the bed with his tummy.

            “Kibum-ah,” He mumbled but Key knew he was awake. “Please go back to sleep. You deserve it...” Then he started snoring again.

            Key smiled, walking over to Jonghyun. He fixed the blanket above the sleeping dinosaur in front of him and patted his back. “Alright, dino-head, I`ll give you all thirty minutes to sleep.” He then went out of their rooms to check out on other members. Surely, they were still fast asleep. He went back to their room and opened the closet. He took some fresh clothes and headed to the bathroom to take a bath. After awhile, he went out dressed and went downstairs to prepare breakfast.

           He decided he`d cook fried chicken for his Onew-hyung because it had been a rough day for them yesterday so maybe for today, he`d serve chicken: Just for today. He also thought of cooking bacon and egg because the other members, especially Jonghyun, might whine again because it`s chicken again. While he prepared for breakfast, Key thought of something. Since they always have a busy day and have never really gotten the chance to hang-out with each other and have fun, maybe they could have a vacation. Like, even for a week or something. He nodded while he deep-fried the chicken leg. Yeah, I`ll ask the Manager-hyungs about that. He thought.

            Thirty minutes had passed and the fried chicken was ready. Key took off his pink apron and went back upstairs to wake up the other members. He woke Minho and Taemin first.

            “Taeminnie?” He patted Taemin`s back while he sat down on the edge of his bed. Taemin was lying down on his tummy and he had once again taken his shirt off because Key could see the top of his pajamas on the floor. “Taemin?”

            “Hnnnng...” Taemin stretched his arms and legs but returned to sleeping again.

            “Aish,” Key thought he`d get back to him so he went to Minho. “Minho-yah?” He shook him gently. “Minho-yah, breakfast is ready.”

            “Hmm...” Minho groaned and whispered, “Deh... I`ll follow...”

            “Arasso,” Key nodded then he went back to Taemin. “Yah, Taemin-ah!” He shook him gently. “The food`s going to get cold if you don`t wake up.”

            Taemin started stirring then he rubbed his eyes. “Mworago?”

        At the corner of Key`s eyes, Minho had already made his way to the bathroom, probably going to take a bath already. “I said wake up, Taeminnie. Breakfast is ready and it`s going to get cold any minute now.”

            “Ah, deh, Umma...” Taemin yawned, sitting up. “Eh? Where`s my shirt?” He started looking around when he realized that he`s not wearing anything on top.

            Key chuckled and took Taemin`s shirt from the floor. “Did you take a shower last night?”

            Taemin scratched his head, grinning. “Mianhaemnida, Key-umma... I was really–”

            “Tired, I know.” Key smiled, patting the boy`s head after standing up. “Anyway, ppali yah~”

            Taemin nodded as Key handed him the shirt, “Deh,”

            Key then left their room and went to Jonghyun next. He sat on the edge of his bed and shook him gently. “Jjong-hyung, wake up now.” He said. “Wake up, breakfast`s ready.”

            “Hmm? What time is it?” Jonghyun murmured, shielding his eyes from the sunlight.

            “Six forty-five.” Key answered.

            “Okay, I`m up.” Jonghyun sat up, yawning and scratching his head. “Do we have any schedules for today?”

            “Ani,” Key shook his head, “Thankfully, we`re all free today. Ppali, take a bath and come downstairs. Food`s getting cold.”

            “What`s for breakfast?”

            “Chicken.”

            “Ag–”

            “There`s bacon and egg as well,” Key cut off before Jonghyun could whine. “Now, go.”

            “Deh deh~” Jonghyun stood up and went inside the bathroom while Key went out to wake their hyung up. Onew is the hardest member to wake up that`s why Key always wakes him up last. He knocked on the door first before going inside. He sat on the edge of the sound asleep Onew and started patting his back.

            “Yah, hyung,” He called.

            No answer.

            “Hyung, wake up and take a bath now.”

            No answer.

            “Hyung, food`s getting cold!” Key was raising his voice already.

            No answer.

          “Hyung, if you don`t wake up, we`ll eat breakfast without you and when you do, you`ll find out that we have already eaten all the chicken we have for breakfast.”

            In a blink of an eye, Onew was already running down the stairs for his beloved chicken.

            “Hyung!” Key screamed. “Take a bath first!”

            “I`ll do that later!” Onew called from downstairs, obviously munching on his chicken already.

            Key just shook his head, face-palming.