Long Ride

For Sale/For Rent

"Is everyone set?” Key asked. It was eleven in the evening and everyone had already packed their clothes worth a week`s vacation. Minho made sure he already had his car`s keys. Who knew missing that soccer game was worth it? At least he won a car and he`ll be driving it again.

            When everyone nodded, they went out of their dorm and looked around. Sometimes, security guards lurk around their area that`s why they have to be quiet.

            “Remember the plan, okay?” said Key, “If ever we got caught, Minho has to escape and get to his car then we`ll have to split up. Let`s meet at the park, yeah?”

            Everyone nodded again. They pressed the down button of the elevator then when it opened, the five went inside and closed the elevator. They were nearing the ground floor and everyone wished no one`s going to greet them good night... especially the security guards. When the elevator door opened, they looked around the dark ground floor. Key went out first and signaled the rest of the members to go out as well.

            “Ssssh!” They all warned when the elevator closed, Onew`s bag getting stuck between it.

            “Aish, hyung,” said Minho, pulling the bag with a little force. When he got it, Onew smiled apologetically.

            “Mianhaemnida,” He bowed.

            “Gwenchana,” Minho nodded.

        “Yah! Kaja!” Key hissed. He was really eager to have that one week vacation without those annoying managers, screaming fans, bloody schedules, and etc. He really wanted to go to the beach and have fun with the rest of SHINee.

            Everyone tailed beside him. They finally reached the exit but there was a security guard sitting beside it. They hid behind a big pillar.

            “,” Key cursed.

            They watched the security guard for awhile.

            “I think he`s sleeping,” Onew whispered.

            “You think so too, hyung?” Key asked.

            “We won`t find out if we don`t... You know, go there.” said Jonghyun, shrugging.

            “Alright, let`s go,” said Key.

            They straightened themselves up and started walking towards the exit quietly.

            “Minho, please watch Onew-hyung. His sangtae might attack. We don`t need it at the moment,” Key whispered.

            “Deh,” Minho nodded, slowing down and walking beside Onew.

            Onew smiled apologetically at him again.

            They were already at the exit door. True enough, the security guard was sleeping.

            Jonghyun tried to suppress his laugh. “If anyone finds out, he`s going to get fired.” He whispered.

            Key glared at him, a finger on his mouth, signaling him to shut up.

            Jonghyun muttered a “sorry” and pushed on the exit door. “,” He hissed.

            “What`s up?” Key whispered, stopping beside him.

            “It`s locked,” said Jonghyun.

            “Hnnnng,” The security guard started to stir on his seat.

          Taemin and Onew covered their mouths and froze on their spots. Jonghyun and Key watched the security guard with wide eyes while Minho settled himself behind him with his bag above his head. Just in case the guard wakes up, he won`t have any second thoughts on banging his bag on the guard`s head.

            After awhile of intense unmoving moment, they sighed in relief. The security guard was still sleeping.

            “How are we going to get the keys?” Taemin frowned.

            “Where are the keys?” Onew asked.

            They all looked at the sleeping security guard and saw dangling keys on its pockets.

            “Do you think that`s it?” Jonghyun asked Key.

            “It won`t... hurt if we try,” Key said uncertainly. “How are we going to get it?”

            “Just get it quietly,” said Minho, his bag still above the security guard`s head. “I`ll take care of him when he wakes up.”

            “Arasso,” Key nodded. He crouched down on the guard`s waist level and tried getting the keys without any noise. He grabbed the keys to avoid any clanking sound and carefully slipped it out from the security guard`s pockets.

            “Careful,” Onew whispered, biting on his nails. “Careful...”

            “Aish! Shut up, Hyung!” Key hissed.

            “Hnnng...” The security guard stirred again then stopped. Key was thankful because he got easier access with the key. He successfully got the keys and stood up.

            Jonghyun let out a quiet “yes!” as he gave way for Key to insert the key on the door.

            Key tried the first key, the door didn`t open; the second one, nope; the third one, click.

         Taemin silently clapped his hands and jumped when Key pushed the door open. Key nodded at them, signaling them to go. Everyone left, leaving the door open and the keys in its lock.


“Finally!” Jonghyun cheered as he inclined his seat backwards. They all made it safely inside Minho`s car. They have placed their belongings in the trunk and were ready to go. Key sat beside Minho in front while Jonghyun, Taemin, and Onew sat at the back.

            Minho started the car and maneuvered. With tires screeching, they made it on the streets of Seoul. Only a few cars and a few people were outside. Go figure, it was near twelve midnight already.

            “So where do you plan to go, hyung?” Minho asked Key.

            Key shrugged, his attention on the road. “Let`s just get out of here,” He muttered.

          Minho nodded and looked at the rear view mirror to check on the others. Jonghyun`s attention was outside the window. Taemin had leaned his head on Onew`s shoulder while Onew was looking outside the window as well. They were all quiet.

            “Should we get some food?” Minho asked Key as he returned his attention on the road.

            “Yeah,” Key nodded.

            Minho found a small grocery store on the way so he parked the car. He looked at Key, while he placed a cap on, and asked, “Are you going?”

            Key nodded. He wrapped his scarf around his neck and placed a hat on as well. Minho went out and closed the door.

            “Umma, don`t forget my banana milk,” Taemin added before leaning his head back at Onew`s shoulder again.

           Key smiled and nodded then he left. After awhile, the two went back with several grocery bags at hand. Onew and Jonghyun had already fallen asleep while Taemin`s eyes were drooping.

            Minho started the car and they were on their way again.

            “Here you go,” Key said while he handed Taemin his banana milk.

            “Kamsahamnida, Key-umma,” Taemin sleepily smiled as he took his banana milk. He poked the straw on the top of its seal and started sipping on the juice.

            This is going to be a long ride.