The Old Woman and The Door

For Sale/For Rent

"A what?” Jonghyun asked when Key went back to the car.

            “There`s a house up there,” Key repeated. “It looks like a vacation house and it also looks convenient. We could rent it for the rest of the week,”

            “Did you see anyone from there though?” Onew asked, not trusting this whole house-renting idea.

            “No,” Key shook his head, “But maybe no one heard me that`s why there weren`t any answers.”

            “Are you sure that`s safe?” Jonghyun asked, “Remember, we`re idols. We`re not just some... ordinary people.”

            “Deh, deh,” Key nodded then he shook the sleeping Minho, “Minho-yah~ Minho-yah!”

            Minho stirred and started groaning, “What?”

            “I found a house. We could rent it and stay there for the rest of the week,” said Key.

            Minho sat up and rubbed his eyes, “Where?”

            “It`s not far from here,” said Key, “Start the car, I`ll show you the way.”

            Minho placed his seat back to its original position. He sleepily started the car and started driving.

          Key watched the road and when he saw the pathway where he entered, he pointed. “Turn right here,” He said. “Then drive straight ahead, you`ll see the house.”

            “Arasso,” Minho turned the stirring wheel and drove up the pathway. True enough, there was a house. It looked normal and convenient for a rest house. They could stay here for the week.

            Minho parked the car. SHINee went out and started exploring the place. The house was surrounded with trees and the pathway was a little rocky.

            They walked up on the door where the sign “For Sale/Rent” hung. Onew knocked on the door and after awhile, it opened with a creepy creak. Taemin hid behind Onew while they step inside.

            “Hello?” They called but their voices just bounced back to them, echoing.

            “Are you here to rent or buy the house?”

            SHINee jumped up in fright while they all turned around. They saw a short old woman, around eighties they guessed, wearing a white dress. Her long hair was also as white as snow. Her hands were clasped together in front of her and she was smiling.

            Taemin had the feeling that they shouldn`t trust that old woman. He remained hidden behind Onew.

            “Ah, annyeonghasaeyo,” Key smiled, nodding respectfully, “We are here to rent the house, Ahjumma,”

            “I see, I see...” The old woman nodded, walking past them. SHINee gave her way then they followed her in what seemed like the living room. “It`s quite rare to see folks like you in here,” She said in a shaky voice.

            “Yeah,” Key nodded, “It seems like we lost our way,” He said, trying his best not to glare at Minho, “but it was a good thing that I happen to see this house,”

            “My, how unfortunate,” said the old woman.

          Taemin gripped Onew`s shirt from behind, “Hyung...” He thought that the old woman might be saying “unfortunate” on the fact that they lost their way... or that they happen to see the house.

            “Gwenchana, Taemin-ah,” Onew assured him.

            “How long will you be staying here?” The old woman asked as she signaled them to sit down.

            SHINee did; Jonghyun and Key taking each of the couch while Onew, Taemin, and Minho sat on the sofa.

            “Just for a week, Ahjumma,” said Key, “Or less.”

            The old woman nodded and smiled, “Alright, make yourselves at home.” She said, “If you are to leave, please make sure to leave the payment here, okay?”

            “Deh,” SHINee nodded.

            “Feel free to explore the house,” The old woman bowed, “We have a swimming pool at the back so if you feel like it, you may use it,”

            “The house looks a little dusty though,” said Key.

            “You may take the liberty to clean the place up if you please,”

            “Deh,” Key smiled, “Kamsahamnida, Ahjumma,”

            The old woman bowed again and left.

            Key forgot to ask where they could find her just in case they needed some help so he decided to chase after the old woman but when he went out of the house, she was gone.


Everyone explored the house. It only had three rooms so they decided to pair up: Onew shares the room with Taemin, Jonghyun shares the room with Key, and Minho takes the room by himself. When they all placed their luggage in their respective rooms, Key told them to clean the house up.

            “What?” Jonghyun whined, “It`s not our obligation to clean this house up, Key! Shouldn`t the house be cleaned first before it is put on rent or sale??”

            “Maybe it had been awhile since this house had someone to occupy it so it got a little dusty,” said Onew.

            “Just start cleaning,” Key rolled his eyes. “We`ll reward ourselves by swimming later, alright?”

            “Deh,” The rest of SHINee nodded their heads. They found the cleaning materials from the garage and started cleaning the place. Key took care of the kitchen and the dining room, Jonghyun took care of the living room, Minho took care of the bathrooms, and Onew and Taemin took care of the bedrooms.

            “Aish,” Jonghyun plopped himself down on the sofa, rubbing his nose. “Don`t they know who we are?! We are ing SHINee!” He groaned.

            “Quit whining or else I won`t let you swim!” Key called from the kitchen.

            “Deh!” Jonghyun rolled his eyes.

        Taemin sneezed while he dusted the cobwebs away. “Jonghyun-hyung is right, Onew-hyung... This place should be clean before renting or selling it. The buyers won`t be so pleased if they see how dirty the house is...”

            Onew just smiled at the maknae.

            There were only two bathrooms in the house: one at the second floor and one at the first floor so Minho didn`t really had a hard time cleaning both. He was done when he saw one certain door on the end of the hallway. He tilted his head to the side and thinking that it was another bathroom, he decided to open it to get the cleaning done. He turned the knob. It was open but the door wouldn`t budge. As competitive as the person that he is, Minho didn`t leave the door alone. He tried pushing it open but it still won`t budge.

            “Aish!” Minho groaned.

            “Minho, what are you doing up there?” Key asked when he heard some noise.

            “There`s this door over here that wouldn`t open!” Minho answered.

            “Just don`t mind it. I don`t think that will be of help anyway. The three bedrooms are enough for us,” said Key from downstairs.

            “I`m thinking it might be one of the bathrooms, Hyung,” said Minho, trying to open the door.

            “The one available up there and the one down here is enough,” said Key, “Leave the door alone, okay?”

            Minho sighed and let go of the door`s knob. “Deh~” He walked down the stairs to help the others who needed help.

            Little did he know that the door started creaking open.