Week 8 & 9 [13 - 24 April]

Drabble Challenge

Eigth and ninth week of Drabble Challenge

 

Day 1: Best Uncle Award || YunJae || PG - 13 || 624 words

(Based on this

JaeJoong had a pretty boring job. He served popcorn to people who went to the movies. The boy honestly didn’t find joy in doing such a thing, but he needed some cash over the summer and his mother happened to mention this job to him. It was a boring yet easy job, when there wasn’t a queue of impatient people and children of course.

 

 

Saturdays and Sundays were JaeJoong’s favorite days because that’s when people came to the movies with their children. JaeJoong liked children, since he has eight older sisters and five of them have children. He can show off with pretty amazing baby-sitting skills. But what JaeJoong really loved was other men who liked children as much as he did. He was a er for amazing men who loved other children as theirs and took care of them.

 

 

That’s why when a man in a princess dress appeared at his counter arms full of two toddlers, two girls, who were wearing puffy princess dresses JaeJoong was sold. He didn’t know if the man enjoyed dressing in women’s dresses or he had a weird , but seeing the two toddlers smiling and laughing at something he said, JaeJoong decided it didn’t matter.

 

 

“What should I serve you with, guys?” JaeJoong asked as he threw the man and the toddlers a bright smile.

 

 

“What do my two princesses want?” The man who was wearing the princess dress asked the two girls.

 

 

“Caramel popcorn!!” The girls cheered loudly, giggling after they demanded their wish.

 

 

“And the gentleman?” JaeJoong politely asked, a small smile ghosting his lips.

 

 

The man smiled, “My name is YunHo,” he unnecessarily said and added after, “And I want nachos with salsa plus a big Coke and two Sprites for these princesses.”

 

 

“Two caramel popcorns, nachos with salsa and three drinks for the three princesses!” JaeJoong said smiling when he saw YunHo’s cheeks coloring.

 

 

JaeJoong prepared the orders quickly and gave them to each princess, noticing that the girls were now on their own feet and giggling at the man, “You should seriously get an award for being the best dad.” JaeJoong laughed as he gave YunHo his coke.

 

 

The man shot him a confused look before smiling, “No, no, no, I am just the uncle. They were too shy to come in their puffy dresses at the movies so I made sure they don’t feel self–conscious.”

 

 

JaeJoong stared at the man like he was growing another head, “Wow.” That’s all he could say.

 

 

“I’m sure you think it is weird …” YunHo begun saying but JaeJoong quickly interrupted him.

 

 

“No!” he squeaked, “I think that’s wonderful, I am just … blown away by the fact that there are still men who care about children not feeling self-conscious and doing these kind of things just to help them!” JaeJoong said without stopping, or breathing for that matter.

 

 

The male threw him the most gorgeous smile he had ever seen and he knew he said the right thing, “Thank you! That’s really nice of you!”

 

 

JaeJoong wanted to talk more to YunHo but the customers already started making a queue and he knew he couldn’t neglect his job no matter how handsome YunHo was, “I think we should stop talking because your movie is starting and I might lose my job.” he awkwardly said and then added, “That will be $15.”

 

 

YunHo gave him the money and smiled at him. “I hope we’ll see each other again.” he said before he walked away with the two toddlers who were loudly chatting about how much popcorn the pretty popcorn man gave them.

 

 

JaeJoong watched them go as he sighed; he also hoped he’ll see YunHo again. With or without the puffy dress on.

 

 

 

Day 2: Of almost broken hearts and silly reasons || YunJae || Dumb!JaeJoong || PG – 13 || 1,631 words

 

YunHo had everything prepared, from the smallest details to the bigger ones. He wanted this to be special for him and his lover. It was one of the important days in his life. YunHo honestly didn’t think it would come so early, at 27, but he guessed that if he wanted his lover next to him for the rest of his life, there was no early.

After looking around nervously, YunHo checked his watch; it was almost time for him to appear. Five minutes later, a car parked in front of him and he hurried to open the door, greeting the male that appeared from inside the car, “Hi!” he grinned brightly at the gorgeous man.

“Hi, baby!” The male said throwing himself in the arms of YunHo smiling brightly, “I am so excited for this date! It’s been awhile since we went out to a fancy dinner.”

YunHo broke away from the hug and took his lover’s hand in his and walked towards the entrance of the restaurant, “I am happy you are happy, JaeJoong!” he beamed, making JaeJoong blush and giggle.

“You are still a ball of cheese after all these years.” JaeJoong murmured as he let YunHo pull out the chair for him.

“Only for you, love!” YunHo whispered, kissing JaeJoong’s neck lovingly.

They ordered dinner and laughed between glasses of wine and expensive French chocolate dessert. It was perfect, just like YunHo imaged. When he felt that it was THE moment, he got up from his seat, ignoring JaeJoong’s curious gaze. YunHo knelt down next to JaeJoong’s chair, taking out the box from his pocket.

“JaeJoong,” he cleared his throat nervously before speaking again, “We’ve been together for eight years already, and they have been the best years of my life. I grew as a man and as a person together with you, and you’ve showed me what true happiness lies in.” He bit his lip, preventing himself from getting too emotional, “I really want you to be the person that will be next to me for the rest of my life, my friend, my partner in crime, my lover, my spouse. Will you marry me, JaeJoong?” YunHo said opening the box revealing a simple but beautiful ring.

“YunHo …,” JaeJoong said, eye filling with tears, “Oh God!” he exclaimed with a painful and choked sob, “I – I can’t!” He said shaking his head furiously.

YunHo’s smile dropped as he looked in confusion as JaeJoong started crying, “W – what?! What do you mean you can’t, JaeJoong?” he demanded to know, his little bubble of perfection being shattered into pieces.

“I – I just can’t!” JaeJoong said while tears were running down his cheeks.

“Y – You don’t love me?” YunHo asked, furrowing his eyebrows, that being the only explanation he could come as the reason of JaeJoong’s refusal.

“I do!” JaeJoong exclaimed, grabbing YunHo’s hands, “I do, but I just can’t marry you!” he said between sobs.

YunHo gulped down and tried to mask his pain as he pushed JaeJoong away from him, not minding the flash of hurt that appeared on JaeJoong’s face before he started crying again. “I understand, you should go to my car, I’ll pay the note and we’ll go home.”

YunHo got up without looking at JaeJoong and went to pay for the dinner they had, the man that was checking in his bill threw him a sympathetic look. After paying the bill and getting back his credit card he walked tiredly towards the parking lot. He really couldn’t believe his perfect night turned into a nightmare. When YunHo got into the car he didn’t even spare a glance at JaeJoong, who was still crying.

“YunHo …” JaeJoong said softly, voice hoarse from crying, “I’m sorry…” me muttered not even daring to look at the man he loved so much.

The 27 years old man gripped the wheel tightly and flexed his jaw, “Sorry doesn’t do anything, JaeJoong. I need a reason as to why you refuse to marry me when everything indicated that you wanted to do so.” JaeJoong remained silent, only his sniffs could be heard, and YunHo gave up, driving to their apartment.

As soon as they reached home YunHo still gave JaeJoong the cold shoulder, not sleeping in their bedroom but in the living-room. It wasn’t like YunHo was upset about JaeJoong rejecting him, well maybe just a little; but not getting a reason why he was getting rejected, after all these years, was the thing that consumed him.

YunHo decided to avoid JaeJoong for the time being; because he wasn’t sure he could look in his eyes and not get angry. It was stupid, because neither one of them tried to talk to the other as they always did whenever they had a fight. It was as if the communication and great relationship that they had didn’t exist anymore.

Five days after the rejection, YunHo decided that maybe it was time to move out of their shared apartment. He and JaeJoong were practically acting like the other didn’t exist, and it was too hard. YunHo couldn’t grasp what made JaeJoong say no to him. As soon as he got home, he packed his luggage.

As he dragged his bigger suitcases into the hallway of the apartment so he could bring them to the car, JaeJoong reached home, and YunHo cursed his luck. He wasn’t expecting the other male to reach home so soon and see him leave.

“What are you doing?” He heard JaeJoong ask.

YunHo turned to face his love, or better said soon to be ex-lover, “I’m leaving.” He simply said, ignoring the other man’s hurt that was written on his face.

“Why?” JaeJoong asked, voice almost a quiet whisper.

YunHo raised an eyebrow, “Are you seriously asking me that?”

“It is because I don’t want to get married?” JaeJoong asked throwing his briefcase and suit jacket on the floor getting closer to where YunHo was.

“Maybe?”

“Are you that immature? I mean, just because I don’t want to get married doesn’t mean I don’t love you!” JaeJoong angrily spat.

“Good for you, but that doesn’t work the same for me. I want to stay away from you some days so I can cool my head. I can’t look at your face now, JaeJoong.” YunHo said sighing, suddenly realizing how tired he actually was.

“You can’t look at me in the face just because I rejected your proposal?” The other male asked; voice full of pain.

“No, I can’t look at you in the face without doubting your love for me and what we had until now.” YunHo responded.

JaeJoong was silent and YunHo took it as a cue to be able to go and proceed with his plan of leaving. He took the two luggage and walked towards the door, “I’m staying with JunSu in the meantime.” he informed quickly, without thinking.

“With JunSu?!” JaeJoong exclaimed, suddenly getting mad, “I reject your marriage proposal and you go back to your ex-boyfriend?!”

YunHo internally groaned, realizing the mistake he did, “It was during high school, for God’s sake JaeJoong!” he exasperatedly said, “It’s not like he isn’t married to ChangMin, in case you forgot. Happily married.”

“Happily my !” JaeJoong yelled and YunHo turned around, surprised by what he said.

“Are you ok, JaeJoong?” YunHo dumbly asked, not knowing what to do.

“Are you stupid, YunHo? Why are you asking me if I am ok when you are leaving our house?!” JaeJoong sneered annoyed.

“I said I need some time away from you. It’s always been you for the past years, and you rejecting me made me realize that maybe we aren’t right together.” YunHo explained, trying his best to not break down and cry.

JaeJoong stared at the man incredulously, “Reject you?! I never rejected you! I just rejected the idea of marrying you because … .” He said, stopping abruptly.

“Because?” YunHo inquired  curiously.

“Because married people have less .” JaeJoong said sighing.

YunHo blinked, trying to process what JaeJoong just said, “Are you kidding me?” he asked getting annoyed, “JaeJoong, you rejected my proposal because you think married people have less ?!”

“It’s not what I think.” JaeJoong sniffled, emotions taking over him, “ChangMin told me so!” he yelled, staring to cry.

“And since when do you listen to what ChangMin says, JaeJoong?!” YunHo asked not believing what he hears.

“It’s just … he was so depressed because of the lack of between him and JunSu after they got married that he asked me to have some drinks with him,” JaeJoong said, hiccupping, “and he sounded really desperate, and he told me that married people have less . I don’t want to have less with you because I love your too much!”

YunHo dropped the luggage from his hands, walking towards JaeJoong and took him in his arms, “You’re so stupid and I don’t even know why I love you.” He said sighing, “JunSu felt self-conscious of his body because he supposedly had gained weight and his got bigger which is why he ran away from ChangMin whenever came in discussion.”

“What?!” JaeJoong asked, breaking free from the embrace.

“Yes. Plus JaeJoong, you came from a family with nine children, how could you even think that people have less after they get married?!” YunHo asked, flicking his lover’s forehead.

JaeJoong was silent, blinking away the remaining tears, while he stared at YunHo and saw how serious the other was. How could he even reject YunHo’s proposal because of a stupid thing that Shim ChangMin said?! How could he even think of not marrying this wonderful man that was in front of him? “YunHo … yes.” He said, suddenly feeling shy.

“Yes what?”

“Yes I want to marry you.”

 

 

Day 3: Unspoken words to U ( I ) || YunJae || Non - AU || PG – 13 || 48 words
 

I love you more than my own life. I love you more than anyone could image, and my love grows for you as time passes by.

 

 

I love you when you sit with your head in my lap and just stare at me with those black,warm almond eyes.

 

 

 

Day 4: Unspoken words to U ( II ) || YunJae || Non - AU || PG – 13 || 44 words

 

When we fight, I get angry because I cannot find a way to talk to you and instead we scream at each other; but I wish, every time we raise our voices, to talk silently, in our bed, while you play with my hair.

 

 

 

Day 5: Unspoken words to U ( III ) || YunJae || Non - AU || PG – 13 || 75 words

 

I get jealous. So damn easily. Even at the other members, especially because of ChanMin. You love him so much; your eyes just shine of happiness whenever you look at him. I hate how our stylists touch you a little too long. I hate it when girls go near you, flirt with you. I am afraid, afraid that maybe one day you’ll not love me anymore. Because I love you more than my own life.

 

 

 

Day 6: Unspoken words to U ( IV ) || YunJae || Non - AU || PG – 13 || 69 words

 

When you get scolded because of our mistakes, my heart bleeds for you, and I get angry. You are perfect, YunHo, yet you get scolded for other people’s mistakes. I hate it.

 

 

But at the same time, I love it, because you come in my bed and hold me tight, as if you take your energy from me. I love the idea of being your source of life, YunHo.

 

 

 

Day 7: Unspoken words to U ( V ) || YunJae || Non - AU || PG – 13 || 27 words

 

Japan has always been my favorite place since we debuted because we can be us there. Not TVXQ’s YunHo and JaeJoong, just YunHo and JaeJoong. That’s it.

 

 

Day 8: Unspoken words to U ( VI ) || YunJae || Non - AU || PG – 13 || 36 words

 

I dislike the fact that our arguments are more and more frequent. I don’t know what to do anymore, YunHo. How to keep going on when most of the time we are at each other’s throats?

 

 

 

Day 9: Unspoken words to U ( VII ) || YunJae || Non - AU || PG – 13 || 7 words

 

I left.

 

And it almost killed me.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Day 10: Unspoken words to U ( VIII ) || YunJae || Non - AU || PG – 13 || 47 words

 

 

 

I always loved to drink. Alcohol burning down my throat was something that I couldn’t live without.

 

 

 

Do you remember how you used to take care of me when I was drunk, YunHo? Do you? Now I have no one to take care of me. No one.

 

 

 

 

 

 Day 11: Unspoken words to U ( IX ) || YunJae || Non - AU || PG – 13 || 38 words

 

I tried to call you. I left you messages. I know I was mostly drunk in all of them. But aren’t drunk people the sincere ones?

 

 

 

I loved you. I love you. I will continue to love you.

 

 

 

 Day 12: Unspoken words to U ( X ) || YunJae || Non - AU || PG – 13 || 53 words

 

You finally called.

 

 

 

After a year; I almost didn’t answer to the phone because I was shocked. You still had the same number. You didn’t actually change it. I could feel your uncertainty over the phone. I, myself, was also uncertain. What have we done? Why did we throw away everything we had?

 

 

 

 Day 13: Unspoken words to U ( XI ) || YunJae || Non - AU || PG – 13 || 59 words

 

 

It is awkward.

 

 

 

I know you, but I feel like I don’t. I am sure you feel the same. It’s frustrating. I am still lonely. How will I overcome this?

 

 

 

I still love you.

 

 

 

And you also love me. You told me that. It’s been one year, five months, seven days and thirteen hours since I felt truly happy.

 

 

 

 Day 14: Unspoken words to U ( XII ) || YunJae || Non - AU || PG – 13 || 84 words

 

I love JunSu and YooChun, but they could never fill the void you left inside my heart. Never. Not even my family, my sisters, my nieces or pets. Alcohol wasn’t my friend anymore; it was more like a part of me. I liked drinking it, because it made me feel better, but the very next day I despised myself.

You agreed to meet after so long. I am not sure I will know how to act.

Am I still allowed to call you mine?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I hope you guys enjoyed reading :D There will be a continuation for the Unspoken words ^.^