I promise

Cuteness in Danger

Sungjong pouted. He felt really strange somehow that it was nearly uncomfortable. It wasn’t that he didn’t like it but his hyungs had gotten to the extent that freaked him out. It wasn’t even pampering anymore. They were practically babying him!! And he wasn’t joking when he said that!

“Jongie! There you are!! Don’t run off just like that. I was really worried you know! What if you got kidnapped?”

See…that was exactly what he was talking about.

“Hyung! But it was only about 5 minutes ago that I left you to get some water…”

Sungjong whined obviously annoyed.

“Oh…you want water? Why didn’t you tell me? Hyung can get it for you!”

Sungjong was speechless watching Sungyeol getting busy with the vending machine. They were now at a recording for a show at SBS. It was already a week after the incident occurred and his hyungs especially Myungsoo were behaving really strange afterwards. They were watching him all the time even if not directly, from the corner of their eyes and when he disappeared to somewhere, they freaked out. They practically shocked the living daylights out of him when he was leaving for a while to do his business and when he came out of the restroom; Sungyeol and Woohyun ran to him and cried while hugging him. Although Myungsoo and Hoya were busy with personal schedules, they called him nearly once in every fifteen minutes and asked his how he was. Dongwoo actually shared him his food which surprised him. And…the Woogyu couple was playing pa pa and ma ma with him. And trust him when he said they were setting a not-so-good example for their self-proclaimed child with their constant arguing of who should be the Appa and who should be the Umma.

“Jongie! Whatcha doing? Come to Appa!!”

“Hey! Why are you calling yourself Appa? I should be the Appa and you, the Umma!!”

Sungjong sighed eyeing his two hyungs who are behaving like two childish elementary kids in front of the maknae and choding.

“Fine then why don’t we let Sungjongie decide instead?”

Both eyed Sungjong and Sungjong felt an uneasy aura surrounded him. He gulped and looked at his two hyungs.

“Do I really need to call you that?”

They both stared him with a you-kiddin-me look.

“OK…ok..I get it. I guess I should call Gyu hyung umma.”

He looked at Woohyun who was celebrating by throwing hearts at Sungjong and Sunggyu who was having a mental breakdown.

“Wae? Jongie-ah!! Why am I the Umma??!! I’m your charisma leader!”

Sungjong chuckled at his hyung’s reaction; cheeks puffed out and lips pouted.

“You’ll know the reason when you see yourself like this in the mirror hyung. You are getting cuter and cuter these days.”

Woohyun nodded enthusiastically and said:

“Right..right..and you know, Gyu hyung is really squishy too!! And sensitive!!”

Sungyeol then shouted.

“How do you know then?! Don’t tell me you two cuddle every night?!! Yay! Is the infamous Woogyu couple becoming real??”

Sungjong saw the leader’s face becoming red from embarrassment or probably from anger. He found out that the latter was correct when Sunggyu started chasing Woohyun.

“You stupid tree!!!! Why are you saying nonsense in front of your dongsengs?!! Come here! Let me cut you into pieces and burn you for your own funeral!!”

Sungjong and Sungyeol laughed while watching their two hyungs. Sungyeol noticed that Sungjong was back to his usual self and he smiled satisfied. After last week incident, Sungjong was bedridden for 3 days mainly because he didn’t have the strength to get up. They were so worried about him but Sungjong was always smiling and telling them not to worry. They took turns to take care of him. Their schedules were cancelled too except for the drama schedules of Myungsoo. Sungjong felt really sorry for that so after a week, here they were at the SBS although he was still recovering. Sungjong said he couldn’t remember a thing before he passed out except going to get some food with Sungyeol. He was also unaware of himself about his phobia to rain and the reason. All of Infinite felt relieved after hearing this. They also promised themselves not to do the same mistakes for the second time. For now, Sungyeol felt really happy seeing the maknae laughing wholeheartedly. He suddenly felt so warm right now. Seeing their maknae free from all the worries and dangers, he really felt contented. It made him feel like there was nothing wrong since the beginning. He also really hoped he could continue to feel that way.

Myungsoo heard the laughter coming from the corridor so he followed the sound and saw the hamster and the tree fighting and the maknae and the choding laughing. He went and wrapped his arms around the maknae’s tiny waist and put his chin on the maknae’s shoulder. Sungjong was startled but as soon as he knew it was the visual, he relaxed.

“Hyung…”

“Hello Jongie. What are you guys doing?”

Sungjong smiled.

“Nothing. Just watching my newly wed parents fighting.”

“Hmm?”

Myungsoo seemed puzzled and Sungjong laughed.

“It’s ok if you don’t know hyung.”

Myungsoo pouted mentally. Then their manager Hoyan hyung came and told them to prepare for their rehearsal. They followed him to the stage and Hoyan suddenly grabbed Sungjong’s hand.

“Sungjong-ah, don’t overwork yourself, neh? You are still recovering so tell me if you are feeling uncomfortable.”

Sungjong smiled thankfully.

“Thank you hyung. I will tell you. Don’t worry. I’m fine.”

“And about that variety show…you really wanna do it?”

Hoyan looked at him with a worried look.

“I really want to hyung. I’ve brought much trouble to Infinite the past week so I want to repay the hyungs somehow.”

“You know it’s not necessary Jongie. But as the manager, I should encourage your decision on this. More variety shows mean more popularity.”

After the recording, they changed their clothes in the waiting room and waited for the managers.

“Anneyonghaseyo!!”

They all heard the greeting coming from the door and looked up.

“Ah! It’s Teentop! Anneyonghaseyo!”

Infinite greeted Teentop and welcomed them warmly.

“So…what brings you guys here?”

Sunggyu asked.

“Nothing hyung. We’re just visiting.”

Cap answered.

Actually Infinite and Teentop were quite close since they debuted nearly the same. Infinite was older than Teentop except for Sungjong and Infinite was like older brothers to them despite being in different companies. Infinite also felt like Teentop was their dongsengs. They chatted happily for a while. Niel, Chunji and Sungjong were taking selcas, Cap and Sunggyu were talking about leaders’ stuff, L. Joe and Myungsoo were talking about their latest PSP games and the Yadong couple was practicing their dance steps while Ricky and Woohyun were talking about fan service and ageyo. Changjo was sitting all alone looking bored. 

Sunggyu saw the maknae of Teentop was a little bit off. He found it strange since usually he would cling to Ricky and had their little cute moments. Changjo reminded him of someone. He really couldn’t remember who but…wait a minute…

His eyes which reflected a mixture of pain and sadness…like no one in this world, not even his hyungs could understand him…he looked like he felt betrayed…betrayed of who he trusted the most….

He…he looked exactly like the old Sungjong way back in their trainee days.

“Minsoo-ah..”

Sunggyu called out Teentop’s leader with his eyes still on the maknae.

“Deh hyung?”

“Is everything alright with Changjo?”

C.A.P looked a bit puzzled.

“What do you mean hyung?”

“Oh…he just looks a bit out of himself so I’m just concerned.”

C.A.P looked over to the maknae and sighed.

“Yeah hyung. I don’t know what’s wrong either. He seemed really distant lately and he doesn’t even talk that much to Ricky anymore. I guess he’s just going through puberty. He’s still really young after all.”

Sunggyu nodded in agreement. Teentop was well-known as baby beast idols because of their age. He sometimes forgot the fact because they debuted at the same time. Ricky and Changjo were barely 16 right now.

Sunggyu didn’t like to interfere with other person’s business but this time he felt like he needed to. He felt like he would really regret big time if he didn’t. He felt a sense of déjà vu washed through him. He finally sighed and opened his mouth.

“Minsoo-ah…I would like to remind you one thing because I don’t want you to repeat the same mistake we did. Please pay more attention to Changjo. He seems like he needs all of you guys right now. He looks confused as if he doesn’t know what to do anymore and believe me or not…he’s hurting inside because he thinks you guys don’t care him.”

“What do you mean hyung?”

C.A.P’s question was cut off as the managers called Teentop and Infinite to go to their vans to move onto the next schedule. As they were parting, Sunggyu patted C.A.P’s shoulders and whispered.

“Just promise hyung that you will be a good leader and take care of your dongsengs well especially Changjo…”

C.A.P looked at him with uncertainty but as soon as he saw the worry in the Infinite leader’s eyes, he smiled and nodded.

“Don’t worry hyung. I will.”

They smiled at each other and parted. Sunggyu still hadn’t moved from the spot and he didn’t notice that the members were looking at him with curiosity.

“Hyung!!”

A soothing voice followed by a fit of giggles appeared and woke him up from his trance. He looked at the smiling maknae and ruffled his hair. The maknae pouted and he laughed.

“What are you talking about with C.A.P hyung?”

Sunggyu eyed the maknae before answering.

“Nothing Jongie-ah. Just leader stuff.”

He made an innocent face but Sungjong still pouted. Just then Woohyun appeared with his loud voice interrupting the moment.

“Jongie-ah!! Your umma’s cheating on me!! What shall I do?? Appa is soooo sad!!!”

Sunggyu rolled his eyes and Sungjong chuckled deciding to play along.

“Awww…don’t be sad appa…umma really loves you! Let’s go get some ice-cream to cheer you up!”

They skipped away happily leaving Sunngyu smiling to himself. Sunggyu eyed the maknae and the tree’s retreating figures and sighed contently.

This is enough for me right now.

Just seeing you smile can light up my day.

I no longer want to see you in tears and pain anymore.

Forgive me Jongie-ah….

Everything’s my fault so I’ll try to find a way to fix it…

Fix that broken heart of yours so that you can never remember these dark pasts and just be Infinite’s pure lovely angel…

I promise you with my heart and soul Lee Sung Jong…that I, Kim Sunggyu will protect you no matter what happens…

  

 

   

 

 

 

A/N I have nothing else to say...so yeah...KILL ME!!!

SUBSCRIBE AND COMMENT PLEASE! I DO READ EACH AND EVERYONE OF YOUR COMMENTS!!

THANK YOU EVERYONE!!

KHAMSAHAMIDA!!

P.S  Are there any Teenfinite fans out there!!?? LOL...I ship them hard!!