Nightmares

Cuteness in Danger

“I’m gonna shower first!!”

“No, I will!!”

“Uh-uh, me first!”

Myungsoo looked at the members who wanted to shower first and chuckled. Really, who didn’t want to have a cold and relaxing shower first? They were all exhausted after nearly 8 schedules today and being a rookie group weren’t that easy after all. While Myungsoo was silently making fun of the members, he noticed the maknae wasn’t here with them. He was worried because the maknae was always the one who wanted the shower first when they got home. He decided to go and look for the maknae at his room.

“Sungjong-ah…?”

He called softly through the slightly open doors and when he received no answer, he opened the door in search for the maknae. There, he saw his precious little maknae lying under the bed sheets on the upper bunk shutting his eyes tightly.

“Sungjong-ah…? What’s wrong? Are you feeling sick?”

The maknae hummed from under the bed sheets and he heard a mumbled

“No hyung, I am just tired and sleepy.”

“So, you won’t shower tonight?”

He heard a faint “no” from the maknae. Well, I guess I will leave him then. Maybe he is just tired. Myungsoo thought and he left the room shutting the door quietly.

After Myungsoo showered, he heard his hyungs saying that they will go out again tonight without telling manager hyungs again. It’s not like they go to places like night clubs. They just wanted to enjoy the nightlife of the breathtaking view of Seoul.

“Myungsoo-ah! You wanna come?”

Sungyeol asked him and he just shook his head.

“No, I guess I’ll stay home tonight. I’m a bit tired.”

“Ok then.”

“Don’t be too late! We have schedule tomorrow morning!”

“Yah! I’m the leader and I know all of our schedules, arraso!?”

 He heard Sunggyu shouted from the living room. He just smiled and prepared to sleep. But he then remembered something and opened his laptop. He checked his mails and replied to a few of them which were from his old high school friends. He was glad that although he had made his debut, nothing has changed between him and his friends. And also that was why he was so concerned about Sungjongie. He barely had friends at school since he quitted on being day school because of the tiring schedules of work. Being a maknae was a stressful thing after all even though Sungjong never complained and always showed his cheerful side to everyone.

Myungsoo closed his laptop and glanced towards the clock. Wow, it’s already past midnight. I guess I have to sleep then. While he prepared to sleep, he decided to go and check Sungjong since he was not in his best state when he went to bed.

He opened the door of Sungjong, Hoya and Sungyeol’s shared room. He saw the maknae’s figure at the top bunk sleeping and when he was just about to walk out of the room, he heared something….something that made him stop and ran towards Sungjong. He climbed up the bed next to Sungjong’s and looked at the maknae. Sungjong was shivering a little bit much to his liking. He lifted up the blanket and there, to his horror, he saw Sungjong struggling from something in his sleep and he looked like he was really frightened. His face was pale and cold sweats were covering his whole face and neck.

“Sungjong-ah!! Sungjong-ah!! Wake up! What’s wrong!?”

He shook Sungjong violently but he didn’t wake up and his struggling became much stronger.

“Yah! Lee Sungjong! Wake up!! I beg you!”

Sungjong’s eyes fluttered open and he looked at Myungsoo as if he didn’t recognize him and started struggling again.

“Sungjong-ah, what’s wrong? I’m Myungsoo. I’m here so don’t be afraid.”

Myungsoo tried soothing him and embraced him trying to calm him down. Sungjong stopped struggling and hugged him back.

“Hy..hyung…”

“Yes Sungjongie?”

“I’m…scared..”

“Shh….Don’t be scared. It’s only a nightmare. It’ll go away soon.”

Myungsoo felt the maknae nodded slightly in his hug and he just patted on the boy’s head lightly.

“Do you want some water? I’ll get you.”

Just as Myungsoo was about to climb down the bunk to get a cup of water, the maknae’s small and fragile hand held his wrist weakly. He looked at Sungjong and he saw him with pleading eyes mixed with fear.

“No..don’t leave me Myungsoo hyung…I’m scared….”

“I’ll come back very soon. I promise.”

“No, instead of that, can you please cuddle up with me tonight? I’m scared of sleeping alone tonight.”

Myungsoo looked at the maknae with pitiful eyes. Of course he wouldn’t refuse. How could he refuse to his loveable maknae?

“Sure, Sungjongie.”

He said with a smile before he lay down next to him and hugged him lightly. Sungjong smiled happily and hugged back Myungsoo. Before the two of them drifted off to sleep, Myungsoo heard the maknae said softly..

“Thank you so much Myungsoo hyung…”

Myungsoo smiled before he mouthed inaudibly.

Anything for you, my cute little angel.

 

Next morning

The warm sunlight hit Myungsoo’s face and his eyes fluttered open. The first thing he saw when he open his eyes was his beloved maknae. Myungsoo smiled with pure happiness. You sure know how to make my day beautiful Sungjong-ah. He pecked the sleeping beauty maknae’s forehead and climbed down the bunk carefully not to wake Sungjong up.

“Good morning! Myungsoo-ah!! Had a good night sleep with our maknae, huh?”

Dongwoo teased Myungsoo and winked at him.

“Yah, why did you two end up sleeping together?”

Myungsoo blushed at the question of Sungyeol but he hid it from other members because he knew they would make fun of him because he was nicknamed “the ice prince” for his cool looks and personality.

“Hyung, don’t say like that. It’s embarrassing!”

Myungsoo protested.

“Yeah, I mean LITERALLY, tell me why?”

Leader Sunggyu said to Myungsoo while he was helping Woohyun to set up breakfast. The other members were all sitting except Sungjong and Myungsoo joined them.

“Actually, yesterday, before you all came back, I went and check on Sungjong before sleeping and I saw him having a nightmare.”

“A nightmare?! Why?”

Hoya asked with concern and Myungsoo shocked his head.

“I don’t know but I can tell it’s pretty serious since he was all shaking and trembling. I had to take some time to calm him down. He told me that he was afraid to sleep alone and that’s why I ended up sleeping together with him.”

He looked at the members and saw that they were lost in their own thought. Suddenly, Sungyeol said something.

“He didn’t usually have nightmares even when he’s uncomfortable right? That’s why I’m thinking if something happened yesterday?”

“What do you mean? Do you know something Sungyeol?”

Sunggyu asked and Sungyeol said hesitantly.

“When we were recording Flower Bonquet yesterday, you were all performing Mirotic and I was alone with Sungjong, remember?”

They all nodded and Sungyeol continued.

“Suddenly, Sungjong grabbed my hand and I looked at him. He was quite pale and so I asked him what’s wrong but he just said nothing.”

After Sungyeol’s talk came to an end, Myungsoo suddenly said

“That’s why I think it was really strange in the way that Go Young Wook sunbae looked at him. It was like he was gonna eat our Sungjong alive. Hyungs, please take care of Sungjong since I can’t always be with him. I have schedules in Japan too, you know, right? If you go out again like yesterday, Sungjong will be alone at home.”

“We know Myungsoo-ah. We are all concerned about Sungjong. He’s our maknae so we will protect him for sure. No need to worry.”

Woohyun said and that time, Sungjong woke up and walked out of his room rubbing his eyes.

“What are you all doing? Having breakfast without me? Hyungs are so mean!”

Sungjong pouted and Sunggyu ruffled his hair.

“No, we are not. Go and wash up, Sungjong-ah. Woohyun made your favourite breakfast.”

“Really? Hurray!!! Thanks Woohyun hyung! You are the best!! I’ll go and wash up now!!!”

They all smiled while watching their maknae’s cute acts with a tension in their hearts especially Myungsoo.

I just hope you to be safe and happy, Sungjong-ah. Don’t worry, I will protect you from all of your worries.

 

 

 

Hello, guys!!!! I’m back!!! BACK!!!BACK!!!

The exams over and I’m really happy!!

Sorry for my rush update!!! Is it okay? Do you think it’s boring?

Kfgpdsokhgjoknvjadkgnjkgnjdgnva!!!!!!!!! 52 SUBSCRIBERS!!!! OMG!!

I’m really happy!!!! Also, thanks for your wishes and comments!!!

AND PLEASE CONTINUE TO SUBSCRIBE AND COMMENT!!!! Your comments are very much appreciated!!!

And Hwangbo is coming out soon!!! Please forward to it!!!

Khamsahamida!!! Love you all <33333