Guilt (Part 2)

Cuteness in Danger

 

Infinite’s dorm was quiet except for the occasional whispers from the worried members. Anyone who entered the dorm could feel the extreme tension lingering in the air. The members were scattered across the dorm in different positions but however they were wearing the same expression. They looked up when a certain someone exited from the room and they got up and ran to that person.

“Sunggyu hyung! How is he?”

“Is he alright?”

“Does he have a fever?”

Sunggyu smiled a little bit just to calm down the worried members. How can he smile when their little ball of energy is pale and unconscious lying on the bed?

“Don’t worry guys…he’s..he’s ok. He’s got fever and still unconscious but nothing we can’t handle.”

The members sighed after hearing Sungyu’s words.

“But….but why was he like that before he passed out?”

Sungyeol’s shaking voice pierced through the members’ ear drums.

“Do you think he remembered?”

“No!”

Woohyun cut off Hoya’s words. All the other members looked at him with shock. Woohyun then noticed that he was overacting.

“Oh…I mean…it happened before..and it’ll be the best if he couldn’t remember forever..”

Sunggyu sighed tiredly. He was the leader so he had to take care of them no matter what and this time, it was taking a toll on his weak body. Woohyun noticed the exhausted expression on the leader’s face.

“Hyung? You ok?”

Sunggyu forced a smile. He didn’t want to make the members worry for another one. He was the leader after all.

“I’m ok Woohyun-ah. You guys can go rest now. I’ll keep Sungjongie in our room till he gets well.”

The members were just about to protest but seeing the look on the leader’s face, they all nodded silently and went back to their own rooms. Sunggyu and Woohyun entered their room just to be greeted by the heartbreaking scene. Myungsoo was sitting like a statue beside the bed where Sungjong was lying and they could see the guilt in his eyes.

“Myungsoo-ah”

Sunggyu called out softly. Myungsoo looked up for a while but kept on looking at Sungjong.

“You should go and rest too. You’ve been sitting like that ever since we came back to the dorm.”

“Hyung…why must he suffer like this? What did he even do to deserve this!?”

“Myungsoo-ah…”

“I’m just a useless and idiotic hyung…I couldn’t even protect him!!”

“Myungsoo! Stop! You’re not the only one who feel like that! Think about Sunggyu hyung!!!”

Woohyun snapped and Myungsoo stopped realizing his mistakes. He looked at Sunggyu and saw that his hyung’s face was paler than ever.

“I’m….I’m sorry hyung. I wasn’t thinking straight…”

Sunggyu curved the corner of his lips to smile but he failed miserably.

“It’s ok Myungsoo-ah. I’ll take care of Sungjongie tonight. You can go and rest. And don’t forget to apologize to Hoya.”

“Ok hyung..”

Myungsoo said dejectedly. He didn’t forget to kiss Sungjong’s forehead before he got up from his place and went outside the room. Sunggyu immediately sat down beside Sungjong and put his palm on his forehead to measure the temperature. He widened his eyes.

“Woohyun-ah, is the temperature rising?! Why is he becoming hotter?”

Woohyun sighed and grabbed his hyung’s hands and rubbed them.

“No Sunggyu hyung. The temperature isn’t rising. It’s just your hands are freezing.”

“Oh…”

Sunggyu went silent. Woohyun sighed again. He didn’t even know how much he had sighed this day.

“Sunggyu hyung…you should rest a bi…”

“No.”

Sunggyu cut Woohyun off abruptly; his eyes fixed on the vulnerable maknae.

“I’m not sleeping until Sungjongie’s fever goes down…”

“Hyung! That’s a foolish thing to do! You know we have schedules tomorrow!”

“I don’t care!”

“Hyung!”

“Shhhh..you are waking Sungjong up…don’t yell please…”

Hyung….Actually Woohyun did know how his hyung was feeling since he felt the same thing. Guilt….it was slowly eating them alive. It was like no matter how much they did, that feeling would never be replaced. Regret….it was the most painful thing that had ever existed on this earth. How Woohyun wished these things had never happened and they were just a group of idols who loved each other like blood related brothers and care for each other more than oneself since the beginning. It was Sungjong who made them realize this and….is this the price you have to pay, Sungjongie-ah? I’m sorry…although I don’t have the right to say this but I really want turn back time and protect you all of the painful things that you have gone through.

For the first time in his life, Woohyun deeply felt sorry for someone…someone who he hated so much in the past…

 

Sunggyu stared at the pale and sweating maknae. He could never forget the look on the maknae’s face when he collapsed suddenly. He caressed Sungjong’s forehead lovingly wishing if he could take the maknae’s pains away instead. He felt tears welled up in his eyes as he was looking the maknae peacefully sleeping.

Flashback

Sunggyu dropped the phone and his eyes widened.

“Guys! Sungjong….Sungjong had a panic attack again!!!”

“What?!”

They were all shocked and ran through the rain forgetting all the umbrellas they were previously holding. They ran as fast as they could and no one was complaining about the raindrops that were falling heavily upon them. The fastest among them was Hoya and his breath hitched when he saw two persons kneeling on the ground. Going closer, they could see clearly now that Sungyeol was holding Sungjong and was panicking because he didn’t know what to do. Then they saw Sungjongie…whose face was twitching in pain and his whole body was shaking. He was also soaking wet and deadly pale….yes, it was so painful to say this but he was indeed pitiful….

“Hyung! Sungjong is…Sungjong…”

Sungyeol chocked on his tears. Myungsoo sat beside Sungjong and hugged him immediately. Sungjong squirmed in fear again. His eyes were also watering.

“No….”

He whispered.

“Sungjongie?”

Myungsoo said in surprised. Sungjong squirmed furiously in his arms again.

“No! Don’t touch me! Myungsoo hyung! Hoya hyung! Help!”

Myungsoo and Hoya looked at each other with pain embedded in each of their eyes.

“We’re here, Sungjongie! We’re here! We won’t let anyone hurt you!”

Myungsoo hugged him tighter and they all widened their eyes as Sungjong suddenly opened his eyes.

“Jongie!”

“Sungjongie!”

They all called him but Sungjong didn’t seem to actually notice them. His eyes were blank but tears are still falling.

“Hy..hyung…it hurts….I can’t..breathe….make..make it go away please….”

Then, Sungjong suddenly fell unconscious. Myungsoo  held Sungjong’s limp body and his face was more than painful. He looked up to every member of Infinite.

“This is what we’ve done hyungs….it’s our entire fault…that he became like this…”

No one replied to Myungsoo because no reply is needed. They all knew this all too well. They brought back the unconscious Sungjong to the dorm and Sunggyu had taken care of him.

Flashback ends

Sunggyu could never forget his face; waiting for his hyungs to save him. With visible tear stains on his face although he was soaking wet from the freezing rain, Sungjong was too painful to look at. Sunggyu really couldn’t forgive himself for that time. How could he not realize that Sungjong was too fragile to be treated like that?

“Hyung…stop blaming yourself. It’s not your entire fault…”

Sunggyu was brought back to reality by Woohyun’s voice. Sunggyu smiled a little knowing that Woohyun might be the only one who could read him like an open book.

“I know Woohyun-ah. I’m just wishing that I could turn back time to change all of this..”

Woohyun’s face fell.

“We all wish that too hyung….trust me…we all do…”

Sunggyu held Sungjong’s hand and brought up to his lips. He kissed them gently.

Just trust me this time Sungjongie…hyung would never let you get hurt again.

 

 

A/N Thank you so much for your comments and subscriptions!!! I am really overwhelmed! I tried to update sooner but I am not satisfied with this chapter...it's crappy but hope you can forgive me!! I read every one of your comments and I really appreciate them!

Oh, and did you guys see the Woogyu hint I gave?! Keke...personally, I ship Woogyu but Sungjong is just so tempting! He changed 360 degrees in the chaser! I can't believe it!

Please continue to comment and subscribe!!

Khamsahamida! ^^ I love You all!!! Sooooooooo Much! Muuuhhhh!!