Senses (Make up chapter)

Cuteness in Danger

That night, Myungsoo couldn’t sleep a wink. He just sat at the living room staring into the darkness. He was just worried for Sungjongie. Myungsoo couldn’t forgive himself for letting his guards down. He promised himself that he would protect the maknae but it was himself who broke the promise.

“Holy ! Myungsoo! Why are you sitting in the dark!!”

Myungsoo looked in the direction of the panic voice and saw that it was Sungyeol. Hearing no response from Myungsoo, Sungyeol sighed and sat himself beside Myungsoo.

“Myungsoo-ah, I…I’m really sorry…”

He managed to mutter with his eyes full of sorrow. Myungsoo looked at his hyung.

“I’m not blaming you hyung. It’s not your fault. I’m blaming myself.”

Myungsoo said in defeat.

“If it’s not my fault then it’s not anyone’s fault. I should have not agreed to go with him when he asked me to buy him ice-cream.”

“No..hyung…it was mine.  I promised to protect him since a long time ago but I couldn’t.”

“Don’t blame yourself Myungsoo-ah! We were all in fault!”

Hoya appeared from the bed room. Myungsoo groaned in frustration.

“How can you understand hyung!!? You and Sungjongie are always on good terms.”

Howon went silent. Myungsoo realized that he was wrong again. He looked at Hoya.

“I….I’m sorry hyung. Sorry for earlier too. I was not in my right mind.”

Hoya smiled a bit. Then he realized that it was almost 3 in the morning.

“Shouldn’t you guys be asleep at this time?”

“I…can’t sleep hyung…”

“Guys, don’t be like that…I know you are worried about Sungjong. We all do but we must trust in Sungjong. He’ll be ok. All we need to do is to be strong for him. You can’t look after Sungjong when you are not well yourself either. Got what I mean?”

Myungsoo and Sungyeol looked at each other.

“We got it hyung. But can we check upon Sungjong for one last time before going to bed?”

Hoya chuckled and nodded his head. They then walked quietly towards the leader’s room. Surprisingly, they saw Dongwoo crouching before the door peeking inside.

“Dongwoo hyung..”

Dongwoo turned and looked at them abruptly before shushing them quickly and went back peeking.

The other two were curious so they looked each other and went behind Dongwoo to join him. The sight they saw melted their hearts. Sunggyu was dozing off while sitting beside the still unconscious maknae. He was holding the fragile hand of Sungjong tightly, tiredness visible on his worried face. Then they heard Sungjong whimpered a bit and Sunggyu jerked up with shock. When he saw the maknae struggling in his sleep, he hugged him and shook him lightly back and forth while soothing him sweetly.

“It’s ok Jongie…you’ll be alright…nothing to worry…hyungs are here…”

When the maknae stopped struggling, the leader tucked him in the bed again and put the towel which was soaked with water on the maknae’s forehead. He sighed and held the maknae’s hand again. Then Woohyun came into their view. He pocked the leader’s arm to gain his attention.

“Hyung…please sleep. I will look after him.”

Sunggyu shook his head and smiled a little to his dongseng. It was that smile again. They all thought. No matter how tired Sunggyu was, he never let them knew. He always reassured them with his soothing smile no matter how broken he was inside. It was his smile that brought strength to move on when they faced difficulties as a rookie group. It was true that he was annoying sometimes as a nagging grandpa Gyu as they call him but in their hearts, the person they respected the most was their cute hamster Gyu hyung. They all knew he was the best leader an idol group could ever wish for.

“It’s ok Woohyun-ah. I can look after him. You go and sleep. You have schedule tomorrow.”

“Hyung.!”

Woohyun whined and Sunggyu chuckled.

“No buts..”

“Ok then!”

Woohyun pouted and went to his bed to sleep. Sunggyu readjusted his position since his limbs were starting to hurt. He caressed the maknae’s cheek lovingly and lay against the wall and closed his eyes.  

The scene brought tears to their eyes. Sunggyu was doing the most logical thing while they were all lost in their own grief. They all realized that they were all worrying about the past that they forgot to cherish the present. Right now was not the time for regretting their past behavior. They had to pay for what they had done. Sunggyu was doing it alone and they felt really sorry. They looked into each other’s eyes with determination.

 

Sunggyu hyung….Sungjong-ah….We’re sorry for our behavior.

 

We’ll never let you down…

 

Next morning…

Sunggyu shifted unconsciously in his sleep. He felt very peaceful and warm but bright…very bright that he had to shut his eyes tight to continue his sleep. Suddenly he heard a voice…a very cute yet weak voice.

“Sunggyu hyung…Sunggyu hyung…”

His eyes shot open when he comprehended that it was indeed the voice of Sungjong, their precious maknae who had been unconscious all night. And once he opened up his eyes, he saw Sungjong who was tugging his arm and smiling weakly but cheerfully.

“Gyu hyung, you’re awake!”

Sunggyu smiled and ruffled the maknae’s head.

“It is me who has to say this line. Sungjongie, how’re you feeling?”

Sungjong’s smile became brighter.

“I’m totally fine now.”

Sunggyu put his palm over Sungjong’s forehead and measured his temperature.

“You’re still hot. Are you dizzy? Wait here. I’m going to get some medicine from my cabinet.”

Sunggyu tried to stand up but the maknae held him down.

“Jongie?”

Sunggyu looked at the maknae surprised and he saw those concerned looks in the deep chocolate orbs of the little boy.

“Gyu hyung. Stop worrying about me. You look really pale too you know…”

Sunggyu smiled warmly at the maknae’s heartwarming words. Their maknae was really the one who would look out for his hyungs rather than himself.

“I’m ok maknae-ah. You know hyung…just a nap and I will feel completely fine.”

“Promise?”

Sunggyu let out a chuckle at the maknae’s childish antic. It was really cute in his opinion.

“I promise Jongie. Now I’ll go and get the medicine. You stay here and rest, ok?”

The maknae nodded his head. Sunggyu stood up and went out of the room. He was really surprised with what he saw in the living room. The rest of the Infinite members minus Woohyun were sprawled across the living room sleeping soundly. Myungsoo was on the couch; Sungyeol’s head was on Myungsoo’s lap and Hoya and Dongwoo were cuddling. The sight itself was really cute and fluffy. At least that was what he thought. Then he heard a swift movement from the kitchen quickly followed by a cheerful greeting.

“Hyung! You’re up!”

Sunggyu smiled and nodded to Woohyun who was busy preparing the breakfast. Then he looked at the sleeping members again. Woohyun noticed what was on the leader’s mind and his lips curled up a bit.

“Cute right, hyung? I didn’t have the heart to wake them up so I just let them sleep a little longer. I think they are really worried about Sungjongie.”

Hearing the maknae’s name mentioned, Sunggyu remembered why he was there in the first place.

“Speaking of Sungjongie, he has woken up…”

“What!!!? Jongie has woken up?!”

Sunggyu was shocked at the sudden outburst of Myungsoo who was now wide awake and suddenly sitting up, stirring the sleeping Sungyeol on his lap.

“Oh my god! Myungsoo! Don’t scare like that! Sunggyu hyung, are you ok?”

Woohyun rushed to Sunggyu’s side. Sunggyu just shook his head and made a reassuring smile that he’s okay. Actually, Sunggyu was really sensitive to shock and also had a weak heart. It never bothered him that much to give up his dreams of being a singer but Infinite members had to be very careful not to get him into shock because once he was in shock, it took a long time for him to recover and this broke the hearts of Infinite members to see the leader in pain although it only happened once or twice. However, Sunggyu was a strong man so he never let his weak body interfere in the responsibility of being a leader. He always took care of himself well enough so that s won’t worry about him and so that he could take care of the members better.

“I’m sorry hyung.”

Myungsoo said with a guilty look.

“It’s okay Myungsoo-ah. Jongie’s awake so you can go and see him. I’ll be right there after I’ve taken the medicine.”

Myungsoo nodded and stood up and hurried towards the room.

“Ouch!!! Kim Myungsoo! What the hell!?”

Sunggyu glared at the choding who was rubbing his injured head because of the impact with the couch when Myungsoo suddenly stood up.

“Yeol…be careful of your language. It’s early in the morning.”

“Sorry hyung..”

Sunggyu glare softened as he watched the choding.

“Jongie has woken up. You should go see him.”

The choding’s eyes suddenly became wide.

“Really? Hoya hyung! Dongwoo hyung!! Wakey Wakey!! Sungjongie’s awake! Let’s go see him!!”

Hoya and Dongwoo woke up abruptly hearing the call and they stormed off to go and see the maknae. Sunggyu smiled at the heartwarming sight and he took his steps to go to the bathroom to get the medicine. Usually, he got all the medicines he needed in his room but just a few days ago, he ran out of the cold medicine. As he was making his way, he suddenly became really dizzy so he had to lean onto the nearest wall to balance himself. Woohyun who noticed the leader’s condition ran up to him and hold him. Woohyun looked at his hyung worriedly.

“Are you ok hyung? See! I told you not to tire yourself out and now you are sick.”

Sunggyu smiled in his mind while he was closing his eyes to keep himself less dizzy.

“I’m not sick Woohyun-ah. Just a little bit tired. I’m your leader. I know how to take care of myself ok?”

“That’s what you always say. I’m not letting you get away with it this time.”

Sunggyu raised an eyebrow at his dongseng’s words. He looked at Woohyun and he was looking him with a determined look. He dragged Sunggyu to the dining table and made him sit.

“There there hyung. Sit here for a while. I’ll go get the medicine for you and Sungjongie.”

Just as Sunggyu was about to protest, Woohyun cut him off.

“And don’t say you won’t take the medicine hyung. I know you all too well. If you’re planning on taking the medicine secretly later, why not drink it now?”

Woohyun left and Sunggyu gulped. Woohyun had done it again. He always managed to read the leader’s mind. Sunggyu secretly smiled appreciating his dongseng’s concern. Sometimes it did feel good to have someone to lean on. A leader was a human being too. Sunggyu was always thankful to Woohyun because he knew him inside and out. Sunggyu didn’t have to lower his pride down and talk to Woohyun about his problems because Woohyun always seemed to know them beforehand.

Thank you Woohyun-ah….

For being there for me every time....

 

 

 

A/N I'm sorry for not updating for a long time. It's just the plot is difficult to handle. I know you guys are dying of curiosity but I can't reveal my plot. Thank you soooooo much for supporting me. I do read all of your comments and appreciate them. You guys are the best!! Daebak!!

Please continue to support me!! Subscribe and comment please!!!

Khamsahamida!! ^^