We are the lucky ones.

DREAM, AN ONESHOT COLLECTION.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun could not stand the way his girl was treated during the awards ceremony. He couldn't. Yet he had to watch his girl from afar as she sat alone, watching the awards show all by herself. Sure, Ailee noona was there for her. But he wanted to be next to her, holding her hand and embracing her when she got her award. But he couldn't. He resented Mnet for not inviting her members to the ceremony as well, because he knew how she gets especially lonely in places like this..

As her stage neared, the two could only interact backstage. Baekhyun had a smile on his face as he watched his girl walk around her dressing room, calming herself before her performance. So many years into her career, yet she was still nervous about getting on stage. He walked over to her and embraced her, laughing as she squirmed against his chest.

"Baek!" She gasped, hitting his chest. "My makeup! You're smudging it!"

Baekhyun ruffled her hair, grinning as he stuck his tongue out playfully. Taeyeon could only roll her eyes, huffing as she faced the mirror to fix her hair.

"Baby.." He pouted, pressing a kiss to the corner of her lips as he wrapped his arms around her waist in hopes of her calming down. "I was only playing around. Don't be so nervous."

Taeyeon visibly relaxed at his touch, leaning her body against his as she shut her eyes. She was so nervous, there was no room for error. Baekhyun saw how she was overthinking again, and made her face him. He cupped her cheeks and leaned in to kiss her lips, pouring out all his love for her.

Taeyeon smiled and wrapped her arms around his waist, kissing his lips back. Baekhyun nibbled on her lower lip, causing the girl to let out a soft noise before he pulled away, chuckling at how flushed she looked.

"Well, at least now you don't need to worry about putting blusher on." He grinned, earning yet another smack from his girlfriend.

When his girl was called to go on stage, he sent her off with a proud, reassuring smile that he'd only have with her. Taeyeon was now confident that she'd do a good job, because of the fact that her boyfriend believed in her. And she did too. Baekhyun stood in his waiting room with s, watching the monitor as his girl waited on stage for her turn.

Finally, the lights at the main stage dimmed and the middle stage illuminated, revealing a beautiful stage that was decorated with crystal rain drops. Even amongst the magnificent stage, Baekhyun only had eyes for his girl. He flashed a proud grin as he watched the monitor, causing s to . He was mesmerized by how beautiful she looked tonight, so proud of the fact that this flawless goddess was his. How did he get so lucky?

When her stage ended, he was anticipating for her collaboration stage with Wiz Khalifa. A few weeks back when it was confirmed that she was going to do the collaboration, she came home that night and got too excited to eat, causing him to worry. Baekhyun made her eat anyways, but she still told him the whole story about how she had been chosen to do the stage and she was so happy to do it. Baekhyun was beyond elated for his girl, seeing how her hard work was finally getting recognition.

The background music for see you again started playing and his eyes lit up, watching the stage as he waited for her to come on. But she didn't. He was so confused at that point in time - wasn't she supposed to do the stage? He frowned and began to worry about how she was feeling.

He rushed out of the waiting room to look for her in her waiting room, frowning when she was visibly upset by the cancelled stage. He gathered her into his arms and she sighed, clutching the hem of his shirt.

"What happened? You were looking forward to it.." He whispered, careful of her feelings. He didn't want to hurt her. He wanted to treasure her, making sure that she was fine.

"They.. cancelled it. I was willing to do it but then they just cancelled it.." she sighed, closing her eyes as she leaned into his chest even more. Baekhyun just wanted to be there for her, but he needed to go on stage soon for their performance. He kissed her forehead and pulled away, pressing a kiss on the tip of her nose and then her lips, whispering softly, "I'll love you and be there for you when we get back, okay? I promise, baby girl."

Taeyeon could only nod and flash a small smile, giving him another kiss before he left. "Good luck, baby. You'll do well."

Taeyeon flew back to Korea a few hours after the ceremony ended, leaving a text for him that she'd be in their apartment to rest up from the whole event.

Baekhy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter