Surprises.

DREAM, AN ONESHOT COLLECTION.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Being pregnant was the worst, she thought.

Everything seemed to irritate her and she felt like nothing was going right. It was her birthday yet she had spent most of the day alone. She groaned and buried herself into the covers, just wanting the next few months to pass by. She missed spending time with her husband.

Her husband had been busy with paper work in the office, a given since he was the CEO of his own company. An upcoming product launch had been the sole reason why Baekhyun was unable to go home early on most days. There were so many things to decide on; how the product would be marketed, promoted, sold and so on. He was beyond stressed at this point, yet the immediate thought of his pregnant wife never failed to put a smile on his face each time. Baekhyun glanced at his watch as he tapped his fingers against his desk, listening to his secretary’s brief about the following day's agenda.

"Tomorrow you have a meeting with Mr Zhang regarding the product packaging at 12. You also have another meeting with Mr Nam's company regarding the promotion period for the product at 4. And, you also have a dinner with your parents at 6:30pm. Also, it's your wife's birthday today, Mr Byun. I’m sure you didn't forget this time?" His secretary, Junmyeon, says as he sneaks a glance at his boss before shutting his notebook close, observing his state change within the next few seconds.

Baekhyun's eyes widened, completely flustered by the fact that he had forgotten his own wife's birthday again. He mentally slapped himself for forgetting, even after having circled the date on his calendar that he looked at every day. He couldn’t help it, since this product launch was beginning to take way too much control of his life due to the pressure to perfect it. It was nearing 3 in the afternoon, and he decided to rush back home to spend what was left of that day with his girl.

He dismissed Junmyeon from work and allowed everyone to get off earlier that day. It was a special occasion and he couldn’t miss it for the world. He wondered what his wife was doing at home, also concerned by the fact that she was alone without anyone to keep her company. Especially since it was her special day.

Upon arriving home, he noticed that the lights in the living room were not . Puzzled, he made his way to their bedroom, only to find his wife adorably curled into a ball, eyes glued to a drama she had been watching intently. He let out a quiet chuckle before undoing his tie, ing a few buttons on his shirt before he climbed into bed with her. He wrapped his arms around her waist, nuzzling his nose into her hair as he peeked down at her phone.

"Productive day, I see." Baekhyun says, causing the girl to let out a soft laugh.

"Only because my husband isn't around to keep me company. It technically has been a productive day! I've watched 9 episodes already!" Taeyeon nods, grinning as she tilts her head back to press a kiss to the side of his lips.

Baekhyun emits a soft laugh before caressing her swollen tummy, the pad of his thumbs brushing against her skin gently.

"Happy birthday, my queen." He whispers into her ear, pressing a kiss there after. "I hope you didn't think that I'd forget."

Taeyeon flashes a wide grin and shakes her head.

"I was a little upset and weary that maybe you would've forgotten. That makes me feel so much better." She says, the grin on her lips never leaving. Baekhyun lives for her beautiful smile. He'd gladly do anything just to make her smile.

Baekhyun then leans down to kiss his wife on the lips, his thumbs still continuously brushing against her bump. Taeyeon pulls away abruptly with a soft gasp and placed her hands on top of his.

"The baby kicked. It loves your attention way too much." Taeyeon chuckles, leaning into him. He stared at her with adoration, smiling broadly. He was so lucky, he always found it so hard to explain how happy he felt whenever they were together.

"Well, baby. Come out soon, okay? Mommy and Daddy are waiting for you~" Baekhyun hums, emitting a soft laugh after. "It's your mommy's birthday today, kiddo. Cut her some slack."

"Baekhyun!" She gasped, hitting his hand gently. "That's mean! That's our child you're talking to! I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up liking me more, anyways." Taeyeon laughs and sticks her tongue out at him playfully.

Baekhyun lets out a chuckle before ruffling her hair, pressing a kiss to her head. He adored this woman with every fiber of his being. Although a woman in his eyes, Taeyeon will always remain as his girl.

"Well, my queen. You're my favourite anyways. I'll always like you more than it will." He whispers into her ear, combing his fingers through her hair as she diverts her attention back to her phone. Baekhyun finds himself slowly drifting to sleep, falling into a state of unconsciousness.

Taeyeon finds the sound of her husband's gentle breathing soothing to her. It was what calmed her down most of the time. I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter