Chapter 5

Life As A Little Sister

I headed to the cafeteria, finding FTIsland oppas besides HongKi oppa who were sitting round heaps of boxes of fried chicken.

I went over to say hi and Jonghun oppa made me sit with them to eat. The cafeteria lady, knowing each artists' diet, served me a salad, not that any of the girls got anything besides salad.

"Come eat one," Jonghun oppa said, piercing a chicken and handing it to me.

"I really shouldn't…" I said more to myself than to him. "Ay, it's just a bite," he reassured me.

I bit my lip… I haven't eaten fried chicken in so long… should I? After much persuading and refusing, back and forth, I finally gave in and took a bite… just when the Director Lee walked through.

My heart jumped 200 miles high as she spotted me with the chicken in my hand. "What's that?" She stalked over to me and demanded. I said nothing as I bit my lip. I shouldn't have eaten it… "You have a magazine shoot tomorrow don't you?" she continued. I nodded my head, it was for Elle magazine and I was shooting it with Hong Jonghyun oppa, one of my close actor-model oppas.

It was for a campus look, sporty look and another more classy dressy brand. "Didn't I tell you that you have to lose 2 kg?" she pushed further. I nodded, biting my lip hard it was almost drawing blood.

"Just because your oppa owns the company doesn't mean you can go against all the rules set for the artist here," she said harshly.

I hated it when people brought in oppa's status and everyone knew that except Directer Lee obviously.

"It has nothing to do with them, I'm sorry," I bitterly said, putting the chicken down.

A tear dripped down as I stared down in my lap. "I didn't break it because oppa is the owner," I stated.

"What's happening?" Jae oppa came out of nowhere looking at my tearstained face.

"What happened?" He said even more forcefully, pulling my chair out and kneeling to my eye level, wiping off my tears.

"Shh… it's okay princess," he soothed. I wiped my tears and hugged him around the waist when he stood up.

"What did you say? She doesn't cry like this unless it's a sensitive matter," Jae oppa demanded coldy.

I buried my face deeper into his chest as he tightened his grip around me. "I just said that she shouldn't break the rules set for all the artists even if her older brothers own the company," the director answered. Jae oppa sighed in realization.

"I'll talk to you later," he told the director who nodded and exited the cafeteria. She knew she wasn't being fired because Jae oppa would have fired her on the spot. "Yah, none of you did anything?" Jae oppa accursedly lifted his eyebrows at FTIsland oppas who laughed nervously.

"It's not their fault oppa, can we go please," I pleaded quietly. Jae oppa nodded and took my hand, leading me out of the cafeteria and towards DBSK's practice room. We sat on the leather couch, my small frame tucked into his body, his chin resting on my head. "You know… Director knows it isn't true… she's just saying it because she can't be biased," Jae oppa said softly, my hair.

"I know, I overreacted, sorry oppa" I replied, fiddling with the hem of my shirt. "It's not your fault," Jae oppa firmly said. I nodded my head and started to doze off.

I awoke alone in the practice room. I rubbed my eyes just as JongHyun oppa came in.

"Hey, I was just going to wake you up. Jae left so if you need me, I’ll be in my sound room okay?”" he said gently.

I nodded and stretched. “I’ll go with you and sleep on the couch,” I told him, walking towards him and dragging my feet.

“Walk properly,” Jjong oppa said strictly. I rolled my eyes and straightened my back.

Exiting the room and Jjong oppa closing the door behind me. We walked down the corridor to oppa’s sound room. I laid on the couch and slept, Jjong oppa throwing a cover over me. I snuggled into Jjong oppa’s pillow which he kept on the couch and fell asleep promptly.