Major News

Let Me Know When You're In Danger

Author’s POV

    As you were about to head to your usual spot to practice more of your sword, your aunt called you out of nowhere.

“Yeo-Wool!!!!!!!!” Sigh……………...why can’t she just wait until I’m done with my sword training or talk to me when there’s nobody around the area?.....…….. Part of you wished you could walk away from your aunt, but the other part knows that if you do that then your aunt would embarrass you in any way like calling you “sweet tush” or “my little ” in front of everyone.  “Come here for a bit. I have something important to tell you!!!!!!!”

Every step you took made you nervous because there were two things you had in mind that your aunt was about to ask: “I found the perfect guy for you” or “How many times do I have to tell you act like a proper lady?” You hope it was something about the kitchen work because you’d rather deal with being lectured about cleanliness than how to be a “proper lady” in public.

“N-ne?.................” Your aunt told you to come closer, as if it was something that only the both of you should know.

“I met with the Lee family and their eldest son looks like the perfect fit for you.” I knew it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You were about to walk away while rolling your eyes, but your aunt grabbed your arm and pulled you in closer.

“Why do you keep doing this, aunt? How many time do I-”

While you were explaining to your aunt, she slapped your arm and you rubbed that injury. “Yah, you’re old enough to be married to someone. Don’t you want to be with someone and spend your time with them for the rest of your life?”

“Time? What is time?...........I don’t have enough time.”

“Then why don’t you stop training for a while and find someone you can spend the res-”

“Aunt, I told you this already. I don’t want to find someone; I can do things on my own and I’d rather have it that way.”

“Is this because of what happened to your parents?................” Just hearing the word “parents” makes you shiver. Even though you received lots of love from the both of them,you couldn’t imagine yourself spending the rest of your life with someone, especially with type of plan you have……..

“Look, Yeo-Wool ah………”  Your aunt took you hand and clasped with together with hers. “I know that whatever happened with your parents was horrendous and it left a huge impact on you, but……...I just don’t want you to feel that pain alone and hopefully find someone who will be there for you no matter what pain you’re dealing with……...I just want the best for you…….you know that………..”

“Sigh……...I know, aunt………..” I placed my free hand on her shoulder. “It’s just that I don’t think love is for me………….” Your aunt was about to say something until Sul called you.

“Yeo-Wool, master Dam wants to see you in his study room!!!!!”

“Okay, I’ll be there in a bit.” I turned around to my aunt to say something before I left. “Aunt, it’s okay. I know you want me to find someone that I can be happy for the rest of my life, but I don’t think I will be able to find it……...especially what happened to my parents……………….their love was strong for each other, but someone had to ruin the whole family in the end…………………” Before you walked away as if nothing happened, you were holding in my feelings and pretend whatever happened in the past didn’t affect you in any way. As you were walking away to meet up with your uncle, someone was hiding from everyone’s view and “accidentally” heard half of the conversation.

 


 

Your POV

    As I was heading to meet up with my uncle, I couldn’t help but replaying the scene where my parents were murdered while I was hiding and holding back the sound of my sobs. Despite of telling myself to move on from the past, I can’t help but to think about this specific nightmare sometimes out of nowhere. If I had the option to change something about that very day, I wished I had done something to protect my parents; even if it means to lose my own life at a young age. Before I walked into my uncle’s study room, I took a couple of deep breaths in order to calm myself down and then entered.

    “Uncle, Sul said that you wanted t-”  I was about to finish my sentence until looked up and saw my uncle with a serious expression. This only happens either if jeonha told him about our enemies or something unusual is going on in the academy.

    “Yeo-Wool………………...before I say anything, promise me that you won’t destroy the whole place or go missing…………...” Just hearing the phrase “go missing” made me feel something is eerie and my gut feeling is telling me that I might not like the news.

    “Uncle,..............I can’t promise you that I’ll refrain myself from that, but I’ll try my best to destroy the whole place…………..”

    “Sigh……..are you sure you can handle it even if the news is painful?............ I mean rem-”

    “Just tell me, uncle………………..don’t drag this anymore and even if you didn’t tell me, I would have figured it out anyway………” Even though I do respect my uncle, sometimes he can be too much, making me complain even more and feel annoyed about him not telling me the news directly………”

    Yoon Dae-Hyung and Jo Gwan-Woong are planning to come visit the town……..”

    “M-mowh?...............Is it………………………….those wh-”

    “Ne……………….” After my uncle confirmed my question, I hear the whole world ripping into pieces. Hearing those two names made me feel like I was drowning in the middle of the ocean.

    “When……………….are they coming?.................”

    “Sometime next week…………………”

    “Ahhh……………..ummm………….excuse me, uncle…………...I ne-”

    “Go ahead……………...I think it’s best to prepare yourself, especially when the day is near…………..I’ll have someone to replace your spot to train the students………..just rest for awhile………”

    “Ne………….” I bowed to my uncle before I left my place and head back to my room.    As I was walking back, there were too many things going through my brain; anger and fear. My body was ready to fight them, but at the same time I am not emotionally ready to see their faces, especially after what happened that night.

 

                    ~Flashback~

    “Get this place cleaned up so that no one knows about this and pretend nothing happened. Also, clean them up and make these two look like they slept the whole night.”

    Before the man left the room, he bent down to take a good look my parents who laid on the floor lifeless.

“It looks like you won’t be able to stop me anymore…………..it’s too bad that I had to kill you and your wife…………….you were great help for me to get closer to the king………..”

As he stood up, another man had entered the room. The other man had a similar uniform as the one who killed my parents, but he had a blue uniform instead of the red uniform.

“It looks like your mission was a success, Jo Gwan-Woong.” The man turned around to face the other man.

“Indeed, Yoon Dae-Hyung………………Now nothing would stand in our way……….” Gwan-Woong turned around and smirked as if he made the perfect masterpiece out of his enemies blood. “Let’s go before someone suspects the place………….”

Once the people had cleaned up the room and there was no one was in the room for sure, I came back out of the room and looked at my parents. There they laid in each other's arms as if they were the happiest couple. Before I started to make a scene to inform the public about my parents since it was near dawn, I looked at my parents in pain.

“I’m sorry that I couldn’t do anything to prevent you both from being killed………….” I started to sob, but silently since I didn’t want everyone else to find out yet. “If……..if there was only something that would help me justice…………….” I didn’t know how long I was crying, but after that, I saw a small red scroll that was not too far from my parents. I hesitantly opened the scroll and found something white; I tilted and it was rolled up. As I soon as I unrolled the white scroll, I felt like heaven was helping me. It could have helped me, but then I found out that the both of them left apparently for vacation due to stress in the palace. Time wasn’t by my side, but I hoped it would one day……………….

 

            ~End of Flashback~

I entered my room and locked the door before I slowly sat down. I leaned against the door before my emotions started to pour out.

“Finally………………….after seven years……………………”


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I finally released a new chapter and for those who were anticipating for the next one, sorry that it took too long. Hopefully I can finish the rest before college starts to hit me in the face again..........................