The New Guests

Let Me Know When You're In Danger

**Before you read this, PLEASE note that even though I did some research to make this story fit during the Joseon dynasty, I might not be right. Therefore, for those who know more a lot about the Joseon dynasty than I do and found some mistakes in this story, I apologize. Hopefully, you still enjoy this story despite of me not knowing a lot about Korean history.**

Your POV

    After bumping into that freaking kid, my mood had turned sour, wishing I was in my room sleeping.

“Mwoh? ‘I’m 18, I know what I need to know’? Something is definitely wrong with his mind because he does not know how to respect others……..Aish…..” I looked at the pouch that on the floor earlier after that kid left:

8dwvKwKbi88Yxkm-KEWythCr8Cm_g9jJ13iWP46t

“Hmmm…..I wonder what is inside this pouch?.......Aigoo…...where the hell did Jan-Sil and Sul?” As I was walking around, I heard someone calling out for my name.

“Yeo-wool!!!!!!!!!!!!” Once I turned to the direction of the person calling out my name, Jan-Sil ran to bear hug me.

“Unnie!!!!!!!!!!!!! Where did you go? I was freaking out so much!!!!!!!!!!”

“Jan-Sil was the only one freaking out so much………….aigoo still a child in our eyes…………..”

“Mwoh?!?!?!?!? Child?!?!?!?!? I’m almost an adult!!!!!!!!!!!!!” Aigoo……..I do not know how I can even handle her whining……….still a child at heart……………..

“Come on, we have to get back since Sir Dam is going to accept more students again……..”

“Crap, I totally forgot about it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” Out of all the days, how can I forget something that it important!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


 

Author's POV

Jungkook was running back the place he bumped into you earlier, looking all over the ground and hoping that he can find the pouch.

“Aish, where the hell did it go?” As Jungkook was trying to look for the pouch, there was a shadow dominating his body. “Excuse me, can yo-” Once Jungkook looked up, he knew he was in deep trouble since he was surrounded by the guards. Jungkook was about to run, but then the guards caught him on time, dragging him back to the palace. Once Jungkook’s friends were looking for him, Hoseok tapped Yoongi’s shoulder, noticing that Jungkook being dragged away.

“Sigh……….he’s going to be in trouble………….again…………” Jin crossed his arms as him and the rest of the boys were watching poor Jungkook being dragged away.

Namjoon patted on Jin’s shoulder and shook his head. “At least we don’t have to go through what he’s suffering…...sometimes I pity him...….”

They started to follow the dragged Jungkook, not knowing what will happen once he gets back to the palace. While being dragged by the guards, the crowds were chattering with one another and assumed that Jungkook is a wanted criminal.

“Aish………….why they have to humiliate me in public? Everyone else would think I am a criminal or something……….I am the freaking prince.............”
    Once they arrived to the palace, Jungkook was dragged into a room and the guards closed the doors shut after Jungkook was in the room.

“Yah! Why are you locking me in this room?!?!?!?!?!”

“And is this how you should behave, seja (crown prince; note: the formal way is seja jeonha if the other person is lower than the prince)?” Jungkook turned around, realizing that he was going to face hell, the King. Before he said anything else, Jungkook bowed to the King.

“Mama (another term for your majesty, but it’s also referred as “father” for the prince)………..”

The King looked dead serious at Jungkook. “How many times do I have to tell you not to leave this palace?!?!?!” Jungkook couldn’t look at the King, knowing that whatever excuse would make the situation much worse. All he could do was pray, hoping that he wouldn’t be punished severely. While this was going on, the rest of the boys were trying to eavesdrop the whole conversation.

“Ai………wonder what will happen to him......."

“Sigh…….I knew this day would come…….I already decided to send you somewhere out of this palace. I hope this place would help you become more mature and prepare you in the future……..” Jungkook was speechless that he looked up at the King like this:

tumblr_inline_n9lculh4Si1s6uwrt.gif (pretend he's wearing a hanbok)

The boys heard what the King said. “WHAT?!?!?!?!?!” As they were in shock, they didn’t know is that both the King and Jungkook heard their voices.

“Aish………..those hyungnims………..” Jungkook turned his face away from the King due to being embarrassed.

“You all out there! I know you are eavesdropping so just come in……” The boys entered the room, bowed to the King as they were smiling. Jungkook looked back at the King after giving the “what the heck” look.

“If I may know.........Where are you taking me?.........”

The King just smiled at Jungkook as if he had some trick up in his sleeves.

“Who said you will be the only one going?.............”

 


 

(back to your destination)

    As you were heading back to meet up with your uncle, you saw your a group of people lining up. Every year, there are hundreds of people lining up, trying to get the chance to be a great warrior even though there were some students who just wanted to get in because they love to fight. That was not the goal in this academy. You assumed those who were lining up in front of the building wanted to learn more about subak ( it’s an old term for taekwondo=Korean martial arts). When you entered the building, you saw your uncle and his friend Woon, the teacher who taught you to be an expert in sword fighting and archery.

    “Woah…………..just right on time………..”
    “Where were you, Yeo-wool?” You were thinking of a good response until Jan-Sil said something.

    “Ahhh………..I thought unnie should get some fresh air. She looked like she has been stressed out these couple of days……..”

    Sul started back up for you. “At first, I thought it was a bad suggestion, but I do agree with Jan-Sil that Yeo-wool has been stressing out a lot lately………….” Sigh…...these two……..what would happen if they weren’t here with me……..

    “All right then……..let’s get started……..Sul, you can be part of the judge panels this time……….”

    This caused the three of us to jump around in excitement. Finally they think she would be a great master for this academy “Ne!!!!!!!!! I will do my best!!!!!!!!!”

    You were all preparing to select new students, hopefully they would use those developed skills to become a great teacher or warrior. Throughout the whole day, there were some who had the potential to do something great for the future, some might need some help but might be great students, and lastly those who are might have great skills but just think that being in this academy would make them be the top of the world. After the last student, all of you were about to wrap up until one of your hoobaes (a junior) ran up, telling your uncle some news that made him shock.

    “Just bring them in……..” and your hoobae ran off. Out of curiosity, you asked your uncle.

    “What happened, uncle?”

    “We have some guests………..” Jan-Sil, Sul, and I looked at each other, wondering what is so special about the guests. As we all got up from our seats, and eunuch came in, which we all assumed it must be a message from the King himself.

    “Sir Dam Pyeong-hoon, jeonha has a message for you.” As we all heard the word “jeonha”, we all kneeled down (for those who might not know, the reason why they had to do this is because it’s as if the King is here and it’s a way to show respect…..hope this one is the right explanation…...o.o……..). The eunuch pulled out a scroll and opened it to read the message out loud.

“Jeonha has a special mission that hopefully you can help. The Crown Prince is at the start of learning what it takes to become a great king for the nation. Before this happens, the king would like to train the Crown Prince so he would be able to fulfill his duties once he becomes the new king.” After you all said hail the king (or something like that) and got up, you became more curious about the Crown Prince. Hmmmm………………...this is an interesting mission from the King himself………

“Also, jeonha himself also invited 6 more guests to accompany the Crown Prince since they are close with the Crown Prince and to make the Crown Prince to feel more comfortable in this new environment he will be in.

“Ne, I understand.”

You looked up a little, realizing that one of the seven boys who were walking up the stairs is the one bumped into today at the streets. Huh?!?!?!?!?!?!?! That kid is one of the guests from the King….ai……what is this?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! When Jungkook walked up, he started to think to himself. Hmmm……..why is that person in a bun looks familiar?........

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello readers!!!!!! Sorry that I did not get to update new chapters. I just started college not long ago and I did not have a lot of time to think of a solid story. Also, as you have seen the message above, I am not an expert about the Joseon dynasty so I am sorry if this story is not very precise like the historical K-dramas. I had to watch a pretty good bunch of them (0r rewatch dramas in the Joseon dynasty to get the feeling of the storyline). Even though I might not be the best writer of this type of genre, I hope you enjoyed it.