CHAPTER 7

What Happened Between Us?

September 2007

BREAKING NEWS: WONDER GIRLS SUNYE GRANDFATHER HAS LEAVING THIS WORLDS.

(Sunye is raised by her grandparent. Her mother died when she still a kids. Her father is sick and bedridden for a years.)

Seungri: hyung, omo, hyung. (Seungri still shocked and handed his phone to YB)

YB: omo. Another misfortune for the girls. One after another. Poor them, really.

GD: what happen? Is it bad?

Daesung: quite bad. Sunye grandfather has died. And their comeback date is around the corner. What will happen to them?

GD: omo. They have been going through a lot this year. A lot of challenging things happen to them. Youngbae-ah, why don’t you call Junsu and ask about it?

YB grabs his phone and makes a call. After talking about 5 minutes, YB then said goodbye to the person he calls.

YB: it worse, everyone is sending her condolences. Sunye is depressed. The girls also not looking good. Junsu said JYP is still at the funeral with the girls. Junsu and other trainee visits too, he said all the girls look pale and have no strength at all. He said, all this years, Sunye is the one who always taking care of them, so when she lose the spirit, the girls also feeling down. They are in their worst condition right now.

GD: I don’t know what to say…

Seungri: should we pay a visit?

TOP: it’s has been a long time since we talks to them. It’ll be weird to do that.

Daesung: yeah, it’s kinda awkward to pay a visit when we don’t even keep in touch with them.

YB: beside we don’t want any article came out because of this. I’ll just send our condolences through Junsu.

GD: yeah. (I hope you’ll be okay soon. I know it must be hard, but you need to be strong for your leader. I wish I can be there for you.)

At the funeral.

JYP is sitting with all the girls. He knows what the girls are feeling right now. He also doesn’t know what to say or how to make them feels better. Sunye grandmother is walking to them and then she takes a sit beside Sunye. She hugs Sunye and wipes her tears. And then she takes a look at all the members.

Grandma: Thank you all for staying by Sunye side. She’s lucky to have all of you as her family.

Yeeun: no grandma. Sunye always beside us all this while, so we should stick to her side and actually we are the lucky ones to have Sunye as our leader and family.

Grandma: you hear that Sunye? They are also your family now. They will always take care of you and I believe they will always stick to your side forever. You all lucky to have each other aren’t it?

JYP: we’ll always be there for you Sunye. We’re always here to love you.

Sunye slowly understand what her grandmother trying to show. That she must be strong. She cannot lose all the spirit. She knows she’ll be able to get through this.

Sunye: I’m sorry pd-nim.

JYP: no, no. it’s okay. You can takes as much time you want. I’ll make a statement to put you comeback on hold.

Sunye: no it’s okay. I can do it. I will do it.

The rest of the Wonder Girls look at her. Sunye give them a light smile and nod her head.

 

P/s: Sunye is a love. Her spirit always makes her a wonderful girl, woman, and now a wonderful mother. I always cried whenever I read about her life. It’s so heartbreaking to know how much trouble she been going through all this while. Luckily now she has found her happiness. In the next chapter, Wonder Girls did make their comeback. But Sunye look a lot thinner. She still in recovering period. So yeah.