CHAPTER 42

What Happened Between Us?

SH: Jiyong oppa. Hi.

GD: What are you doing here!?

SH: I… I came to meet you. We’ve not seen each other for quite sometimes right? I…. I mi-miss you.

GD: Psch. (He let out an unbelievable laugh.) You’ve thrown me away for 2 month and suddenly you’re here act like nothing has gone wrong and said you miss me?

SH: I…. I’m sorry oppa. I’m not throwing you away. I just had some problem.

GD: For 2 month you has disappeared and left me alone living while wondering if you still care or still on my side. And you just stand in front of me with that stupid excuse? You had a problem? You want me to believe that? Why are you even here?

SH: Oppa. I’m really sorry. I know you’re sad and disappointed in me. But I stay away from you because I didn’t ruin you anymore.

GD: Ahn Sohee. You really a great actress. I’m not sad or disappointed anymore, I’m mad. I feel stupid.

SH: Please forgive me oppa. I know I made a mistake.

GD: Go. Just go away from here and don’t try to find me anymore. I don’t want to see you. I’m doing fine even without you these past 2 month. You’re nothing in my life. Go!

SH: Oppa. (Her tears fall. She can’t believe what she just heard. She falls on her knee in front of Jiyong.)

GD: Your tears won’t do any good. You broke my trust. If it’s my heart I can still deal with it. But once you trampled my trust, I can’t even look at you. I trust you to be by my side whenever I need you. But you crushed it. There’s no use in crying. Go. I don’t want to see you here.

SH: I’m really sorry. I’m a bad girlfriend for you. I’m a stupid girl. I’m sorry I did that to you. It’s okay if you don’t want to see me anymore. But please just say that you’ve forgive me. I’ll go.

GD: Forgiveness? Just go Sohee-ah. Let’s just pretend that we’ve no history together. Leave.

His final word is like a knife stabbing her heart. No history together? For almost 4 years we’ve been together, nothing of it can open his heart again for her? To forgive her? Maybe this is the end. I understand oppa. She gets up on her 2 trembling feet. Gathering all her strength once again. She can’t lift her head up to take a last look at his face. She just turns around and started walking to the cars. Her heart broken to pieces. If anyone can be blame for this heartbreak, it was her. Her own self. Stupid Ahn Sohee.

Suddenly, she feels kind of warm on her back and a hand wrapping her body from the back...