CHAPTER 29

What Happened Between Us?

30 September 2008.

Big Bang left Korea for their Japanese tour. Wonder Girls is having their anticipated comeback stage. Before going on stage, Sohee received a text messages from GD.

From: Dragon<3

Congratulations on your comeback. Take care. I’m on my way getting aboard. Wait for me. I love you. A lot. My beautiful butterfly.

Sohee: (She smiled at the messages) I love you too oppa. I’ll wait for you. Please take care of your heart. We’re doing the best for our career and our love. We’ll get through all of this. Just, don’t forget me.

The 20th day already passed since BB goes to Japan. It’s also the 20th days Sohee has been waiting for a call from her boyfriends. No call, no messages. Nothing. She sits alone in her room. Crying silently. It’s hurt her so much. It’s so painful hanging to a broken promise.

Sohee: is everything going to be okay with us oppa?

Sunye: Sohee-ah, can I come in? (Sunye carefully come inside and make her way and sit beside Sohee. She hugs Sohee and pats her back. She knows Sohee must feel so heartbroken from the temporary separation.)

Sohee: I’m feeling so much pain unnie. I don’t want to cry, but my tears won’t stop flowing. I don’t want to be sad, but, my heart doesn’t allow it. I don’t want to feels upset, but, my mind won’t listen to me.

Sunye: be strong Sohee-ah. Be a strong girl. He will be back soon. Maybe he’s too busy with the tours.

Sohee: I know he’s busy, I tell that many times to myself, but, I don’t know why my heart gets so scared. I don’t know why. I’m so scared unnie. I don’t know what to do. (Sohee crying gets heavier)

Yubin: (after hearing Sohee loud crying sound, she goes to take a look.) Sohee, what happened? Why are you crying?

Sunye: unnie, I’ll talk about it later. Can you please wait outside? She needs to calm down.

Yubin: oh. Okay, okay.

Sunye: Sohee-ah, don’t be like this. Don’t cry. Crying won’t solve anything. Why don’t you call him?

Sohee: I’ve try so many times. But he’s not picking up. And soon after, it can’t be reach. I don’t want to be a nosy girlfriend, but, I can’t help it.

Sunye: it’s nothing nosy about it Sohee-ah. Stop crying. I don’t want you to be so weak about it. Don’t you remember your birthday wish at the Han River?

Sohee: I remember. (She wipes her tears. Trying to stop her crying.)

Sunye: then, why are you so weak and crying so much? I want you to be stronger. You can face this, with us. We’ll always be here for you. Forever. Whenever it gets too hard, you can lean on us. Don’t cry so much like this.

Sohee: thank you unnie. For giving me the strength. I’ll be strong. For Wonder Girls. For myself.

Sunye: that’s my girls. Beside, you’ll meet him in another 10 days. It’s not so long anymore. Okay?

Sohee: I know, I’m crying because he didn’t keep his promise. He promise to call me. He promise he won’t forget me. But, he didn’t even answer my calls. We’ll see what going to happen when he come back here.

1 November 2008

Within a month of their comeback, Wonder Girl Nobody becomes famous worldwide. The songs even manage breaking into US market. Wonder Girls being acknowledge by the Korea as Nation Girl Group. They become massively famous inside and outside the country. And, it’s the day of Big Bang returning to Korea after wrapping up their Japanese Tour.

BB is already on flight to Korea. Daesung is sleeping, Seungri and TOP is listening to their iPod. GD and YB just sitting blankly and deep in their thought.

YB: excited to be back to Korea?

GD: of course. I can’t wait to meet her.

YB: don’t be too excited. You don’t even keep in touch with her this past month. You think she’s going to be okay about it?

GD: she’ll understand it.

YB: maybe. Maybe not. Even I don’t understand you G. Is it that hard to call her?

GD: you know I’m busy Youngbae-ah. I don’t have a time.

YB: I know you’re busy. But you always got time to have fun there. Answering her phone calls won’t cause you any pain right?

GD: are you even my friend?

YB: I am. And I’m also her friend.

GD: s-sh-she’ll understand.

YB: I hope so.

WG Dorm.

There’s a loud sound coming from Sohee cellphone. She got a message. She takes a look at her phone and having a blank look in her face.

From: Dragon<3

I’m back. Can we meet up? Now?

She froze at her standing place. Seeing this, Yoobin grabs her phone and read the messages. Then, she handed the phone to the other girls. They all look at Sohee.

Yeeun: what are you gonna do Sohee-ah?

Sohee: I don’t know.

Sunmi: think carefully Sohee-ah.

Sunye: I think you should go and listen to his reason. And after that, you can decide what the best for this relationship.

Yoobin: text him back Sohee-ah. Meet him and talk about it.

Sohee slowly grabs her phone and text back to GD.

To: Dragon<3

The dorm park. The same bench.