[07]

Endless Limits

Ji-Eun's POV

"Let go." The crane guy ignores me. "Let GO!" I shout. The tears won't stop falling. "I need to find it. It's important." I choke out.

"Find what?" He finally talks. "The watch." He lets go of my wrist, but  won't let me get back to prying the floorboard up.

"YAH LEE SUNG JONG!" He yells suddenly. "What?" Sungjong sticks his head inside the practice room and sees me crying. Immediately, he changes into defensive mode. He marches up to crane guy and pokes him in the chest. "Did you make Eunnie noona cry? You-" He gets cut off by crane guy. "Whoa, hold up. Noona? I thought you were older than her."

Sungjong shakes his head. "She just calls me oppa. She's older than me by like 4 months. That's besides the point, though. YOU MADE HER CRY!" Sungjong can get really scary when he's mad. His face gets really red and his big eyes get really small.

Crane guy gulps. "I didn't... I mean... I did, but... I didn't..." He glares at me. "Hey, help me out here!" The expression on his face is so funny I have to smile, but I think about the watch, which makes me cry. I make a sound halfway between a laugh and a sob. "I need to find my watch." I tell Sungjong.

Sungjong furrows his eyebrows. "A watch... is it really old? Like, leather?" I nod frantically. Sungjong takes a deep breath and shrieks. "HOYA HYUNG! GET YOUR OUT HERE!" The muscular guy walks out of the room.

"What?" Of course, the first thing he notices is me. "Are you okay?" He asks, concerned. I nod impatiently. "Do you have my watch?" He raises an eyebrow. "You mean this?" He pulls a watch out of his pocket.

I snatch it from his hand. Thank the lord. I fasten the watch on my wrist. Crane guy offers me a hand up, and I grudgingly take it.

"Truce?"

"Truce."


'This number is not available at the moment. Please leave your message after the tone. Beep!'

"Hi, dad. I lost my watch today, but my group members helped me find it. I called a truce with the guy I didn't like, so that's good, right?

His name is Myungsoo. He's interesting. He seems really cold and mean, but he's actually kind of nice.

He stopped me from getting hurt.

That's what you used to do. I miss that. I miss you.

I love you, dad."


"One, two, three. One, two, three. Right, left, spin, duck. Good. Hands, remember the fingers. Where do the feet point? Yes. No, other side. Around Sunggyu, down, stop." The choreographer looks at me like he's impressed.

"How does a person change so much in a matter of days?" He asks. I smile sheepishly. Every single day, I've been practicing with Taemin. I've missed school for the past week. I now owe Taemin 5 cartons of banana milk.

"Just remember, when you twist, it's right, then left." I nod.

"Congratulations, Ji-Eun. You're ready." I smile. It was actually pretty easy learning to dance. Well, not physically, though. I have heat plasters all over my back. Being an idol isn't as easy as it seems. I haven't seen both my brothers in the past week. They're busy with their comeback preperations too, I expect. We have a week until our comeback, and today is the day that they're measuring us for our stage outfits. I'm excited.

No, I'm not. I mean, I don't want to know my waist size. Ew.


It's like a freaking tornado. Rulers, Pens, cloth, needles. A slightly frazzled looking woman races up to me. "Honey, you can't be here. Idols only." I open my mouth to explain, but I feel a hand on my back.

"She's with us." Myungsoo sshi pushes me into the room. I don't even have time to say thank you before a seamstress whisks me away. I get measured, poked, and pushed around all day. You do not know of real pain untill you have someone stick a needle into your back. Ouch.


I barely get a break all day. When I do, it's only for lunch. And, of course, since I'm on a diet to cut back 5 kilos, I get salad. I hate vegetables. Like, hate hate. They're disgusting. Horrible. Yuck.

I don't want to sit inside, so I run outside and sit on the floor. I pick through the veggies, carefully choosing the tomatoes and popping them into my mouth. I hear a cough above me. I look up, and see shortie.


COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE!!! I'LL PUT THE NEXT CHAPTER UP WHEN I GET THREE COMMENTS!!!

I know, I'm evil. Tee-hee.