[04]

Endless Limits

Ji-Eun's POV

"So let me get this straight. You two were best friends and then you moved away and haven't seen him for 5 yars." Hamster asked. I nodded. Okay, so maybe his name might not be hamster, but I don't know his real name and he looks like a hamster. I mean that in the nicest way possible. 

"How'd you know he was here, then?" Giraffe asked suspiciously. Again, in the nicest way possible, he looks like a giraffe.

"I didn't. I'm here because I'm your new member." All the fidgeting stops. The short and stout man that looks like a wrestler and the guy who looks like a Kenyan stop talking to each other. The guy who was just sitting there texting drops his phone. The guy in the corner looks up from folding a paper crane. I feel kind of uncomfortable with them staring.

"You can't be a new member. No one told us." The texter frowns. I gulp. "The CEO said you guys knew. I... I don't know...." I get cut off by the doorbell. The CEO himself comes running in. "Guys, get ready, your new member will be here any minute! Oh, did I mention you have a new member? Oh, hi, Miss Ji-Eun! Woohyun, quick! Oh. Wait." The CEO turns to look at me. "Miss Ji Eun! You're already here!" I raise my hand and wiggle my fingers slightly.

"Uh... Hi." I mumble awkwardly. They all stare.


"Let's get to know each other, then!" Texter guy says awkwardly. "I'm Woohyun, and... Wait, you know who we are, don't you?" He looks at me expectantly.

"I hate to let you down, but no, not really." I shrug. Everyone's mouth drops open. "What?" I ask. "I don't like idols. Um... Except for Exo and Super Junior and SNSD. That's it."

"She's an Exo-L." Sungjong oppa glares. "No. Uh... not really." I mutter. More like Exo-A. Exo is annoying. I love them and all, but still. Uh... No. No Exo love for me.

"Okay, so I'm Sungjong. You know that." I nod. He points to hamster and giraffe. "That's Sunggyu hyung and Sungyeol hyung. Leader and Choding." He points to wrestler and Kenyan. "That's Hoya hyung and Dongwoo hyung. Aegi and Kenyan." Oh, so I was right! He is a Kenyan! Wait. Why's everyone staring? Please don't tell me...

"You said that out loud." Ugh. Everyone laughs. I manage a giggle. Then everyone starts laughing. The awkwardness is broken.

"That's Myungsoo. Call him L." The crane guy doesn't even look up. When everyone else looks away, I stick my tounge out at him. Then I hear a laugh from behind me. Texter guy- I mean Woohyun sshi, is laughing silently. I smile too.


I creep up the stairs and open my front door. I quietly tiptoe up the stairs when...

"YAH LEE JI-EUN!" I slip and fall down the stairs, landing on my on the floor. I look up and see my brothers looming over me. They look angry. I cringe. I'm dead.


" I was with my new group! Stahpppppppp!" I puff my cheeks up in frustration. My brothers glare. "Why'd you come back so late?" "It's barely over 10! Stop already!" I sigh. "I'm going to bed and just a reminder. I have the upper hand here. This is my first time coming in late. Kai, you've been late at least 32 times, if you include the pasta incident. Ryeowook oppa, you've been late 67 times. So I'm not the guilty one here, you guys are!" My brothers open their mouths at the same time. "But you're a GIRL!"

I groan. Tonight's going to be a long night.


'This number is not available at the moment. Please leave your message after the tone. Beep!'

"Hi, dad. I met my members today. Most of them seem really cool. Oppas are mad because I came in late. I didn't have the guts to tell them the truth. I'm such a scaredy cat sometimes.

I remember when you used to call me a scaredy cat. I miss that. I miss you.

I love you, dad."


"OPPAS! I'M GOING TO DANCE PRACTICE!" I yell. "Who's taking you?" Kai yells down the stairs. "Seohyun!" I shout back.

"Hey, Hyunnie!" Just as I'm about to close the car door, my brothers come bounding out the door. "What?" I roll my eyes.

"We need a ride, besides, we want to get to know your group members better." I gulp. How am I going to get out of this one?


SUBSCRIBE AND COMMENT!!!