[02]

Endless Limits

Ji-Eun's POV

The reactions from my oppas? Not what I expected. They all bow to the man wearing the makeup, though I notice some of them trying not to laugh. "Annyeonghasaeyo Mr. CEO!" They say in unison. I'm confused. SM Entertainment's CEO looks nothing like that man with makeup. My brother is mouthing something. 'Woowim? Woojim? Woolim? WOOLIM!' I think. I look at the man's face, use my imagination to erase the makeup... Yup, it's him. Crud. I'm screwed.

I bow at a 90 degree angle. "Hello Mr. CEO, I didn't know it was you! I didn't recognize you with that... makeup." I mutter the last part. The CEO shrugs. "It's fine. What I'm curious about is, who are you?" He says, scrutinizing me. I involuntarily move backwards. Ryeowook oppa notices.

"Sir, this is my little sister. You know Exo's Kai? That's my brother, too." He says. The CEO looks surprised. "Is that so? I wonder why I didn't notice before?" He murmurs. Then he meets my eyes. "How would you like to sign a contract with Woolim Entertainment?" He asks. I gape.


"ABSOLUTELY NOT!" Kai shouts at me. I cringe. "Shush, will you? Enough people are looking! They'll recognize you!" I scowl. Kai's voice gets quieter, but still audible. "I am not, never, ever, in a million years, letting my little sister get into the entertainment zone! You should be studying at home! You're so young! Do not laugh! I'm being serious!" I make a face. "You're 5 minutes older than me, Kai. And it's hard to take you seriously with a fake mustache and wig!" It's Kai's turn to scowl.

"Besides, that's what Ryeowook oppa said as well. I don't want to go into the "entertainment zone" as you refer to, anyway." I stick my tongue out at him.


"But Ji-Eun, you HAVE to!" Seohyun exclaims. I grimace. I forgot how loud she could be. "Shhh! My brothers don't know I'm on the phone!!!" I whisper. "Oops, sorry." She  says sheepishly, then continues. "But Ji-Eun, you have to!" I can hear Yoona and Yuri unnies in the background. I sigh. "Hyun, you know I prefer being unnoticed. I like being a wallflower!" I say quietly. Seohyun goes quiet. "You know why I like being one." I say, even more quietly.


"Oppas, come for dinner!" I yell. They're like a hoard of elephants, honestly! I stick my tongue out at them as they come down, and they smile. Mom made my favorite: Mac and Cheese with potato chips. Yum! I dig in. Next to me, my brothers do the same. We have similar taste in food, clothing, and mostly everything else.

"So, what did you do  today?" Mom says. I shrug. "Anything new? Maybe an recommendation for an entertainment agency, perhaps?" Me and the hoard of elephants choke on our food. I choke so badly Ryeowook oppa has to pat me on the back. "How...Who told you?" I say, finally getting my breath back. My parents shrug.

"So, are you going to do it?" Mom asks. I glance at my brothers, then shake my head. My mom frowns. "Ji-Eun, what's happening to you? You'd have leaped at the chance last year!" She looks concerned. I shrug. "A lot changed. I don't know. I'll think about it." I avoid my brothers' gazes.

"May I be excused?" I go upstairs and flop onto my bed.


"Eun, are you sleeping?" My brothers whisper. I don't reply. They know I'm awake, though. They always do. I know, because they leave me a chocolate bar on the desk. After they leave, I for the chocolate bar, open my desk drawer, and shove it inside. Along with the 16 other chocolate bars they gave me. I look at them, then close the drawer. At least, until the next chocolate bar comes.

I sigh. I don't want to be sad anymore. I think of what my mom said. "The old Ji-Eun would've liked it." I say out loud.


The next day, I wake up early. My mom isn't awake yet, but my brothers are. I can hear them. I walk to Kai's room.

"Jong-In ah, can I borrow some eye cream?" I ask. The door opens quickly. "Did you just ask... to borrow makeup?" He gapes at me. I nod. He gestures for me to come in.

"I want to try it out." I say. "I want to be  happy now. I want to forget about the past. If you support me, I will." Kai is the one that speaks up first. "I... want you to be happy. I want the old Ji-Eun back. Not the forced happy one. So, I'll let you try it out." Ryeowook oppa nods. "I'll let you, but on one condition." I look at him expectantly. "I want you to tell us if it gets too hard. Say the word, and I'll make everything stop." I consider, then smile a little.

"Fine, but I want a favor." I say. "Don't tell anyone we're siblings." They start to protest, but I cut them off. "I want to make it on my own." They nod.

We just sit there for a few minutes, in a comfortable silence. Just the three of us, like it always was.


"Hello, I'd like to see the CEO?" I ask the front desk. The receptionist looks up. "Do you have an appointment?" She looks me up and down. "No, but I was told to find him at anytime..." I mumble.

"JI-EUN, DARLING!" I cringe. "Erm, hi, Mr. CEO." The receptionist bows stiffly.

"I considered your... suggestion, and I think I'd like to try it out." I say.The CEO nods and says, "The only problem is that Ihave no groups debuting soon." He squints at me, and I fidget uncomfortably.

"What if..." The CEO looks at me. My mouth falls open.


I walk home slowly. 'I'm dead. My brothers are gonna kill me. Whatever, I already signed the contract...' I think.

'I could just, you know, not tell them? But they'll find out. I mean, how the heck am I going to explain that I'm in an all boy group?' I kick a stone.

'Moreover, how am I going to tell them I'm living with the boys as well?'


'This number is not available at the moment. Please leave your message after the tone. Beep!'

"Hi, dad. It's me. Ji-Eun. Guess what? I'm debuting as an idol! Remember I used to sing with you?

I miss that. I miss you.

I love you, dad."


Subscribe!!!!!

Also, I'm going to Thailand, so I can't update for like, a week.

Toodles! :D