Part 6

Turnabout Heiress

 

 

*6

 

“Don’t you find it strange working with your ex-fiancee?”

Jiyong paused, thinking about the question posed to him by his best friend Youngbae. “At first maybe, but it isn’t as bad as it sounds. She’s got her own office now so that helps as well. But even when we shared an office it wasn’t bad.”

Youngbae laughed. “Whoa, I’d never thought I’d see you talk about the Sandara Park like that.”

“Like what?”

“Dude, you couldn’t stand her before even though you were going to marry her! What’s with the big turnabout?”

Jiyong stared at his drink. His attitude toward  Dara had changed somewhat over the past few weeks. A lot of it had to do with the new changes Dara herself showed.  Jiyong shrugged. “She’s changed in the past weeks, she's not the same as before. Even the Chairman has had to get used to the new her.”

“Yeah I’d say she changed, she’s gotten even hotter!” Youngbae raised his glass up and took a drink.

Jiyong didn’t argue. He saw Dara earlier that day talking with Lee Donghae. The latter was part of the organization that was holding that charity marathon their company had signed up to as a sponsor. Dara had been wearing this silk dress that showed off her legs and Jiyong hadn’t missed how all the guys that passed by would look at Dara. It left him feeling a little irritated truthfully. She never wore these kinds of clothes before. Sometimes he found himself wanting to scold her but when he looked around he knew he was being irrational since the clothing Dara wore was the same types and styles as the other young women wore. It was just that with her Jiyong found himself wanting to go over and cover her up.

“Yo, earth to Jiyong.” Youngbae waved a hand in front of Jiyong, bringing his attention back to him.

“Sorry, what were you saying?”

“I was asking if you know if Dara’s dating anyone.”

Jiyong frowned. “Not that I know of. Why?”

“I was thinking of asking her out. You don’t mind right?”

Jiyong nearly choked on his drink. He wiped at his mouth and glared at Youngbae. “Are you nuts? How can you ask her out knowing she’s my ex?”

Youngbae shot Jiyong a bewildered look. “Yeah but she isn’t like your EX ex, right? I mean you didn’t even like her, you were only with her because her old man was forcing it because she liked you. Speaking of which, so she doesn’t show any signs of liking you anymore?”

Jiyong found himself getting into a bad mood. He came here to enjoy a drink with his best friend not to talk about Dara. “What does that mean Ex ex? And so what if I didn’t like her, she’s still considered my ex. Friends don’t date their best friend’s ex girlfriends.”

“You dated CL – my ex, Sohee – Top’s ex, Kiko –“

“Alright alright, I get your point, now shut-up. Geez.”

 

*

 

Dara turned to face Donghae as he stopped his car in front of her house. She was dressed in jeans and a printed t-shirt as the two had been down at his headquarters helping put packages together for the runners that weekend. “Thanks for bringing me home. I had fun today!”

“I did too thanks to you,” Donghae answered. He really liked Park Sanchol’s daughter. She was nothing like what he imagined she would be.

“I’ll see you this Saturday,” Dara said, referring to the marathon. “Take care!” She got out of the car and waved to Donghae before jogging up the sidewalk to their house. Entering into the house she came face to face with Jiyong.

“Jiyong,” she paused and flashed him a smile. “Are you here to see the Chairman?”

Jiyong nodded. “I just came from his office.”

“Oh okay. Well have a good evening!” She smiled once again before turning away.

“Dara, wait.” Jiyong took a deep breath. He might as well get this over with.

She turned to look at him once again, still smiling, her brow raised in question.

Jiyong walked up to her. Something had been bugging him the past couple of days, well longer actually. And he couldn’t hold back any more. He had to find out the answer. “Can I ask you a question?”

“Sure,” she answered. “What’s up?”

He hesitated, not knowing how this would sound, but still it was bugging him like hell and he had to know. “I was just wondering,” he began. “Do you not remember me at all?”

 

*

 

 

 

 

A/N: I know, short chapters… I’m trying to update regularly between work and home life so short chapters to move the story along until the weekend when I can devote some serious time to the story, kekeke! Hengsho!