Part 13

Turnabout Heiress

 

 

(You all know I don't like to write long angsty fics, right? :)

 

 

 

*13

 

 

 

 

 

Youngbae looked around the club but couldn’t seem to spot where Jiyong had gone. They had gotten there about a half hour earlier. Youngbae hooked up with a girl and had been dancing with her when he noticed that Jiyong wasn’t anywhere in sight.

 

The club they were at was located on the fortieth floor of a hotel downtown. The club took the whole of the floor but there was one area near the elevators where there were some tables and chairs set up for those who wanted a quieter scene. Floor to ceiling windows allowed you to view a gorgeous cityscape of Seoul at night. Youngbae found Jiyong sitting there alone and nursing a drink.

 

“Yo, I thought you left me man. What’s up? I thought we came to find some chicks and have some fun.” He sat down at the chair across from Jiyong.

 

“I think I’m in love with her,” Jiyong responded, his voice quiet as he stared out at the city lights.

 

Youngbae leaned forward, elbows on his knees. “Who you talking about?”

 

Jiyong took a deep breath, his gaze shifting to the drink in his hand. “Dara.”

 

Youngbae nodded slowly. He’d suspected as much based on how his friend would get upset each time he about asking Dara out. “So what are you going to do? Are you going to tell her?”

 

“She’s seeing someone else.”

 

“She love him?”

 

Jiyong didn’t know.

 

“If you love her you should tell her. Before it’s too late.”

 

Jiyong sat there for a moment longer. Then he nodded and put his glass down and stood. “Hey man, sorry, I’m going to have to bail on you. You’ll be alright?”

 

“Yeah, don’t worry about me. Are you going to her?” Youngbae asked, also rising to his feet.

 

Jiyong nodded. “Yeah. I am.”

 

 

 

*

 

Dara’s home was situated on a hillside in a wealthy neighborhood. At the back of the house there was a small garden that overlooked downtown Seoul. She stood at the railing in the garden wearing a sleeveless dress with a light sweater, her hair held back by a hairband. She gazed out into the lights in the distance. The wind blew through her hair as she stood there wondering where Jiyong was at, if he was at home, or out with friends? Was he with some girl?

 

The thought brought tears to her eyes. Why was it so hard to get him out of her heart? It’s been almost three weeks since he's been ignoring her.  How she wished her memories of him had not come back. Ever since that happened everything between them had gone to hell. Her friendship with him that she hoped to salvage was all but destroyed.

 

She wiped at her cheeks, hating that she was crying over a guy that didn’t care about her. Why couldn’t she feel this way towards Donghae who was so sweet to her and did everything to try and win her affection? But her stupid heart wasn’t cooperating. She was so lost in her miserable thoughts that she didn’t hear someone approaching.

 

Jiyong stood a few feet behind her. He’d wanted to change his mind at least three times on his way over here but Youngbae’s words kept coming back to him. ‘If you love her you should tell her, before it’s too late.’

 

He took another step closer. “Dara.”

 

Her head lifted at the sound of his voice, then she turned, her eyes widening with surprise to see him there. “Jiyong..”

 

He frowned to see that she had been crying and he went to her immediately. His eyes searched her face, his hand coming up to touch her cheek. “What’s wrong? Why are you crying?” His voice was soft, full of worry, and it made Dara want to cry even more.

 

She sniffed but remained silent.

 

Jiyong’s other hand came up. He cupped her face carefully, his thumbs wiping at the tears. He was upset to see her like this. Had that dumb Donghae done something to make her cry? Were her headaches back? “Tell me what’s wrong,” he whispered.

 

The tenderness in his voice and touch were her undoing. She’d been trying so hard to erase him from her heart these past weeks and now here he was being sweet and kind to her. He was so unfair!

 

“You’re such a jerk, Kwon Jiyong,” she said, glaring at him.

 

“What?” He looked at her in bewilderment.

 

“Why have you been so mean to me?” she ranted. Dara punched his chest lightly. “What have I done to deserve you treating me like that? I didn’t do anything! I haven’t tried to trick you into being with me, I haven’t asked my father to force you into anything, I haven’t even …”

 

The rest of her words were lost as Jiyong swooped down and kissed hungrily.

 

 

*