Ending

Turnabout Heiress

 

 

 

 

 

“Don’t go out with him anymore,” Jiyong whispered, holding Dara close. He couldn't stand the thought of her being with anyone else. It had driven him mad for weeks and he wouldn't take it anymore. “Don’t look at another man. Look only at me.”

 

Dara sniffed. Her arms were around his waist, her cheek pressed against Jiyong’s chest. “I thought you hated me,” she mumbled.

 

Jiyong brushed his fingers through her  hair. He pressed his lips to the top of her head.  “I don't hate you. I love you.”

 

Dara’s eyes closed, her heart swelling. She thought she would never hear those words from him.

 

Jiyong pulled back and tilted her chin up to look at him. “Don’t you have something to say to me?” he asked, a small smile on his lips.

 

Dara stared at him uncertainly. “You won’t think… I’m trying to manipulate you?”

 

Jiyong's smile was warm and gentle as he assured her. “I’m the one that came here. I’m the one that kissed you. It’s me, Kwon Jiyong, confessing love to you Sandara Park. Where is the manipulation there?”

 

Dara reached up her hand, her finger tracing his mouth in wonder. A small answering smile formed on her face as she stared at him. “I love you too.”

 

*

 

Sandara Park and Kwon Jiyong’s engagement or rather ‘re-engagement’ made the news. Now the two were sitting on a park bench being interviewed for a follow-up newspaper article.

 

“So what’s the whole story behind this engagement, break-up, and re-engagement” the reporter asked.

 

“She pursued me first,” Jiyong smirked, earning a smack on the arm from his fiancee.

 

“Is that true?” the reporter asked. He couldn’t stop smiling at the cuteness of the couple in front of him.

 

“Yes, it’s true,” Dara pouted. “He was too dense to see what a gem I was from the beginning.”

 

“But I did eventually learn it,” Jiyong interrupted. He looked at Dara with tenderness and squeezed her hand. “She did a turnabout, kicked me out of her heart and began seeing someone else. It drove me crazy with jealousy. I realized then I couldn’t let her go.”

 

“Who were you dating?” the reporter asked.

 

Dara moved to answer but Jiyong quickly covered with his hand. Dara glared at him. “It doesn’t matter,” Jiyong answered instead, refusing to have her name associated with anyone other than his. “It only matters that she’s seeing only me now. She’s marrying me!”

 

Dara elbowed him and the reporter and photographer watched in amusement as the two poked and jabbed at each other. Their laughter filling the air.

 

“So when is the wedding? Will it be a long engagement?”

 

“And risk her changing her mind again?” Jiyong shook his head. “No way. We’re getting married next month. Sooner if I have my way.”

 

Dara folded her arms, a smirk on her lips. “I won’t change my mind… My father will disown me.”

 

Jiyong laughed, his gummy smile showing as he thought back to Mr. Park’s reaction when the two told him they were in love and engaged once more. “Will you two make up your minds!” he had bellowed.

 

“Ah yes, our parents are very happy,” Jiyong stated, nodding his head.

 

 Soon Dara was laughing beside Jiyong and feeling sorry for her poor father and Jiyong’s parents and the headaches she and Jiyong caused them. The photographer raised his camera and snapped the picture of the two laughing, their hands linked together. And that became the picture they ran with the story.

 

 

Finis 3/8/2015

 

 

Cira: Well that's the end of this story. It took me a while on the last chapter because I thought I would try to extend it. But in the end the story just felt right to conclude here. Thank you everyone for reading and your comments and support. I hope you enjoyed reading this one :)  Hengsho!