Clingy

Innocence

 

The first day in a new school was always terrifying for Lee Hongki, despite the fact that he'd done it a million times.
 
 
He couldn't help that he wanted to grab the nearest person and just hang onto them to comfort himself.  It was part of his nature as Clingy.
 
 
He was immediately a big hit among the students of his new school, but that didn't stop him from being worried to death about it.  They all seemed to want to be by the red-head, and those who Hongki didn't warm up to quickly were sitting on the edge of recent events, wishing they could be nearer to the beauty.
 
 
Even the highest up of the Conceited were having a hard time getting close to him.  Hongki seemed to gravitate more toward the Geeks and the Emotionals.  There was only one other Clingy in the school, and Hongki had a hard time getting close to him since he was friends with one of the Loners.  Well, not really friends, more like a puppy or a leech that followed the Loner around everywhere.   The Loner didn't seem to acknowledge the poor Clingy, and it led Hongki to think that the Loner didn't even know he was there.  
 
 
He had to admit that the Loner was...strikingly beautiful.  When he wasn't glaring at another of the students, he had this look in his eye that was almost content.  He seemed endlessly calm, and Hongki thought he saw him smile once.  The Clingy found himself smiling as well before he could stop himself.
 
 
 
~~~Later That Day~~~
 
 
Hongki was struggling to get his locker open.  He'd forgotten his combination during the day and now he was trying to get it open by just yanking at the catch.  He was almost in tears with frustration when he felt a gentle hand on his arm, pushing him back a bit.
 
 
It was the Loner he'd seen earlier.  The dark-haired boy wouldn't make eye contact with him, but he kicked the locker on the bottom, smacked the side of it, and opened it with ease.
 
 
Hongki's eyes widened a bit and he looked up at the Loner.  "Thank you so much!  I don't know what I would have done... Thanks!"  He smiled widely, surprised to see a small smile quirking on the Loner's lips as well.
 
 
"It's no problem."  The dark-haired boy's voice was like honey, smooth and sweet.
 
 
A few of the surrounding students, mostly the Players, began to make kissy noises at him, most of them having seen what the Loner had done and the fact that he'd spoken to someone without being provoked into violence.
It could be said that the Players were stupid.
 
 
The Loner turned his head slowly to glare at the one who had started the whole fiasco.
 
 
"Jonghun's got a boyfriend~" The boy sang, smirking and making kissy lips at the Loner who Hongki now knew was named Jonghun.
 
 
Jonghun lunged at the Player and punched him.  Hard.
 
 
Wide-eyed and alarmed, Hongki rushed forward and grabbed Jonghun around the waist tightly, pulling him away from the Player as the stupid kid moaned and whined about how he was going to have a black eye.
 
 
But as Hongki was pulling Jonghun away, one of the surrounding kids tripped the Loner and the sudden imbalance of weight made the dark-haired boy fall on top of Hongki.
 
 
The red-head was blushing in an instant, his cheeks flaming scarlet as the boy on top of his quickly rolled off.  He was offered a hand by someone and took it, not knowing whose it was.  When he looked up, he saw Key, one of the Players he'd met earlier but hadn't been participating in the kissing noises and childishness.
 
 
Hongki pulled himself up, thanked Key, and then turned around to make sure Jonghun was alright.
 
 
The Loner was gone.