Newcomers Festival: Finale

Club Exo

The sun is setting over the schools campus on the last day of the newcomers festival, all of the boys rambling around to get the seats, blankets, and snacks ready for the fireworks at the end. Kyungsoo is yelling orders to the rest of the group of boys in charge of food: Baekhyun, Luhan, and Tao. Suho and Xiumin are leading the rest of the students who have come to see the viewers to the seating area. Chanyeol is in charge of the fireworks. Lay, Sehun, Kris, Kai, Chen are responsible for retrieving resources from the store and buying fireworks. 

Once the blankets were laid down on the grass and the snack stand was set up with prefilled bags of popcorn for convenience -- and partially because none of them felt like handing out popcorn the whole fireworks show. When the resource group came back from there 3rd trip to the store, they had finally gotten all the fireworks Chanyeol had asked for and went to find the rest of their group of friends where they had their own secluded section, with blankets lain down to enjoy the firework show. They sat down on the blankets and waited for the last 2 people -- Xiumin and Suho -- who were coming with the whole student body. 

 Once everything was set up: everyone laying on blankets,  the vast space of the soccer field disappearing with the whole student body covering it as they chatted and waited for the firework show to commence, as Chanyeol is setting up the fireworks. Pouting, because he can't go and enjoy the show with his friends and Baekhyun, that is until he gets an idea. He grins grabbing the big boxes of firewokrs and places them in a circle one at a time, trying to go quickly since there are 20 boxes of fireworks. The group of friends become anxious as to why the show hasn't started when it was supposed to 5 minutes ago. Suho gets up first to investigate and the rest follows suit. Coming closer to where Chanyeol is supposed to be, they see Chanyeol walking from a distance with a big grin on his face.

Suho being the first, asks: "Chanyeol why haven't the fireworks started yet? Everyone's waiting."

Chanyeol can't keep back his smile as he replies back "They're about to start now."

Kris, who's coming up beside Suho has a bad feeling: "What do you mean? How can they start when your not there to light them?"

"Dont worry, they should be starting right about... now-" Chanyeol says as he turns around with a maniacal grin spread across his face and looks toward the fireworks which are 10 meters away. Everyone looking in the direction of which the big eared boy is looking and see a big ball of flickering, multi-colored sparks shooting and flashing in all directions.

With the ball getting bigger, EXO find themselves surrounded by uncontrolled pyro. Instantly everyone panics. Chen yells "RUN!!!" and...

All hell breaks loose, as the firworks fly, the clubmates flee from the explosion. Kyungsoo and Baekhyun are running side-by-side, when the smaller suddenly trips over his feet, causing Baekhyun to topple over him. Kris is running for his life, pulling Suho along farther away from the panicking group. He looks back to check on them, only to run into a flagpole. Suho -- who dodges the pole gracefully -- stops and helps Kris up.

Sehun and Kai are racing when they both trip over a soccer bench and flace plant into the grass. Luhan and Tao try to run and dodge the whirlwind of firework attacks and stings, only with Lay and Xiumin ending up getting burnt. And Chanyeol and Chen are trying to catch up behind them. With Chen cursing his lungs out only for laughter to interupt with each of his words, "Yah! You crazy motherf*cker! How in the deep depths of stupidity did you come up with this idea?!" Chanyeol, too busy trying to keep his speed up, keeps silent. Unperterped Chen continues his rambling, "My hurts thanks to you and my legs feel like they're on fire." He laughs, "No pun intended. Chanyeol, my friend, I thought we were gonnna leave the dumb gimmicks to Sehun and Kai... We-we were supposed to be the the clever trolls! What happend to that?!" He huffs as they both catch up to the rest of the group who have rescued themselves under the goal posts.

Looking around they see the chaos infront of them of what's become of the fireworks and to their left, the rest of the schools students calmly laying down on the grass enjoying the firework show, unaware of what had really happened. They all sigh in unison without noticing the "Awe"s and "Aaah"s of the unknowing students.

Finally, Suho speaks up, "C'mon guys lets go to the hospital. We need to make sure no one has major injuries." Nodding along, they all follow Suho out to the school street front and Kris manages to hail a taxi their way. As soon as the cabs came, the boys squished inside so they could all fit into three seperate cars before riding to the hospital.

Reaching the hospital, the Sehun pays the bill as the rest exit the vehicles and enter the hospital. Suho handles the paperwork and requests for doctors. Doctors come and move them up to the 3rd floor, there were only a few doctors availible so they could take only two at a time while the rest waited for their turn. The first to go in are Chen and Xiumin. Thank god because Chen is still chatting Chanyeols ear off about them "not being the dumb ones and how they're above that."

Chanyeol sighs sinking into his chair, he can feel how everyone is still upset because of his not so great idea... His arms and shoulders ache from lifting the box of fireworks, not to mention the sting on his leg from being burnt by the sparks. He feels really disappointed that his plan didn't work and his friends got hurt to boot! 'Cause of it, he even feels a tinge of sympathy while looking at Baekhyun who looked like he had it the wors; his small back had slight burn marks spread across it along with the back of his pants being crisp and black due to sheltering D.O. Baekhyun, noticing Chanyeol is looking at him from where he's sitting, looks over to the male and heads towards him.

"So 'Yeol' " The diva says while rolling his eyes, "'Mind telling me how hard you must have been dropped as a child to come up with such an idiotic idea?" And that sympathy gets thrown out the window.

Trying his best to ignore the other, he turns the other way and lays his head back on the wall that the chair is up against. When Baekhyun doesn't feel satisfied by Chanyeol's reaction, he starts to harshly poke at Chanyeols back, his long-ish finger nail digging into his back. Chanyeol groans, trying his hardest to ignore the other. Baekhyun starts being more persistent now, poking him with both hands. "Yeolie Yeol Yeol - what's wroooong? Huh?! Come on Yeol tell me I'm curious!" Chanyeol tenses, trying to keep himself in control. Baekhyun smirks as he notices how the other is becoming more agitated just like he wanted. However, he didnt expect Chanyeol turning around and gripping both of Baekhyuns wrist harshly, which causes a great deal of pain to Baekhyun.

"Leave me alone Baekhyun. I'm not in the mood." He mutters cautiously through gritted teeth. He caught how the other's eyes widen for a slight second, but quickly return back to the confident stare.

"Fine, 'Yeollie" The short diva huffs and yanks his wrist out of Chanyeols grasp and walks back to his chair, swallowing hard to keep his invisible tears of pain from spilling. His injured wrist is throbbing.

30 minutes later, there are only four more of them who need to get checked up: Lay and Sehun, and Kyungsoo and Jongin. Everyone else who have been checked up and have been taken care of their minor injuries, went to the cafeteria to get food. Kyungsoo is feeling hungry from the long day of having nothing but a little bit of popcorn he snacked on a while ago and being the impatient person he is, even though he knows that the others are bringing food for them. He gets up and heads to the snack vending machine around the corner. As he is reaching in his pocket, to get the dollar he needs for the fritos he wants. Someone else walks in, and Kyungsoo quickly turns to see who it is. He instantly frowns recognizing that it is Oh Sehun the person he wishes to see the least. Turning back around and pretending like Sehun isn't there, he continues to take his money out until he feels Sehun right behind him. He starts to stride away in the opposite direction, but is yanked all the way around to face a scary looking Sehun. Their close proximity bothers Kyungsoo and he tries to hide his annoyance as he asks in a monotone voice "What do you want?"

Meanwhile, Kai, wondering what's taking Kyungsoo so long and where Sehun is, gets up and walks around the corner only to face the scene. The very two people he likes the most, so close, so intimate, and so oblivious to him witnessing their moment. Hastily hiding behind the corner, with his chest burning with something unfamiliar and a cold emptiness filling his stomach. He clutches his fist over his heart unconciously. Ba-dump. Ba-dump. Ba-dump. Panicking from not knowing what to do, Kai walks back to where he was sitting before he caught sight of the scene. 

Sehun's glare is hardening as he answers, "I want you to back away from Kai."

Kyungsoo is confused. "What?" His eyebrow twitches, "And why do I have to stay away when it's him coming onto me?!" Kyungsoo returns Sehun's glare.

Sehun, not faltering, replies "I don't need you ruining my best friend." Sehun growls, "You're not worth his time anyway." Before Kyungsoo could fire back, Sehun continues, "I swear if you don't leave him alone -- and let him realize that you're nothing but trash -- and a waste of his time and thoughts, you will wish you never exsisted. Just like that time... remember?"

Kyungsoo jolts with a shiver as visions race through his mind. The young doe-eyed boy bit his lip in anger. Calm down, Kyungsoo. He is just messing with your head. You need to calm down... Kyungsoo takes a deep breath before he opens his lips. With the most frightening glare one has ever seen from the small raven-haired boy, he growls, "Sehun... What gives you the right to threaten me?!" BAM! And with the sound of his last words raising in volume, Kyungsoo twirls Sehun around and pins him to the vending machine with a punch that created a fist sized dent in the vending machine. The shorter black haired boy starts striding away cooly from the rainbow-haired boy.

As Sehun watches the retreating figure of Kyungsoo's, he notices how much he had tensed up due to the warning given by the shorter boy. Has he always had that much power in him? Sehun sighs as he turns around to examine the tiny fist that had been printed onto the metal of the vending machine. I must admit... Kyungsoo is stronger than he lets on... Sehun snorts as he follows Kyungsoo's steps back to the rest of the club so he could get his own examination done as soon as possible. That way they could finally go home and he could get to bed and sleep--

-- and then he could finally get his mind off the threatening presence of the doe-eyed cook. 

 


Hello! Thank you for your patience, here is the seventh chapter! Sorry for the long hiatus and I hope that you enjoyed the chapter!

ALSO, I just want to point one thing out, and that is their ages. So here is a list from oldest to youngest (and ages as of this chapter)

Xiumin (16) - March 26 [ he dropped a grade to stay with Chen ]

Luhan (15) - April 20 [ he was a delinquent in his 1st year and got held back ]

Kris (15) - Nov. 6 [ he missed school one year due to his surgery and you know dealing with therapy ]

Kyungsoo (15) - Jan. 12

Kai (15) - Jan 14

Sehun (14) - April 12

Tao (14) - May 2

Baekhyun (14) - May 6

Suho (14) - May 22

Chen (14) - Sept. 21

Lay (14) - Oct. 7

Chanyeol (14) - Nov. 27