Newcomers' festival-Heated cafe

Club Exo

 

Hi guys sailone here im one of the co-authors. Um this time it was my chapter to write and i hope you guys enjoy and sorry for the long update but i was kinda dumbfounded on what to write here so yea i really hope you enjoy and this chapter was edited and revised by Mei and Rem so props to them too! 

Exiting the kitchen, Tao bumps into Sehun on his way back to the table, where the girls he had been entertaining are. With a short "sorry", and unable to say anything else plus still being in a daze from the "prank" fiasco, he quickly walks away. Sehun, a bit thrown off by Tao's behavior, continues heading off to where he was going, which was wherever Luhan was. Reaching his destination by hearing Luhan's fake laugh of interest, walking a bit further, he spots him and decides to go and see what's so not funny to Luhan. The males at the table Luhan is serving catch notice of Sehun, and their faces go sour, since he is one of the people distracting all of the girls at the other table. That's when they decide to entertain themselves with the pretty boy-girl serving them.

One of them speaks up: "Luhannie, your so beautiful that i couldn't believe you weren't a girl by those legs, those eyes and those lips..." he says suggestively. Sehun notices the tremble in Luhan's shoulders that shows that he is gonna burst at any moment. He can even imagine Luhan tackling the closest one, biting them until they bled. Sehun has to hold back a laugh as he thinks of the latter losing his cool.

Placing his hand on Luhan's shoulder, he decides to relieve him of his torture "Luhan, Kyungsoo wants to see you in the kitchen for a bit. Something about muffins and cookies." It isn't true, but hey, it helps him, doesn't it?

Luhan turning to reply, takes a few relieved breaths, and speaks, "Okay, thank you for telling me" Turning back around to bid them goodbye with a bow, he struts of the the kitchen. Sehun and the boys are caught in a silence. One filled with restrained laughter and the other with unnecessary anger.

Sehun breaks the silence, "You guys must be really dumb, to not be able to tell he is a boy." he says with a smirk and walks off. That isn't true either, in fact when sehun first met the latter himself, he had thought Luhan was a girl who transformed 'her' self into a boy, but they didn't need to know that. On the other hand, Baekyhun and Chanyeol are busy trying to make each other fail and make the other's day a living hell. It started by Baekhyun tripping Chanyeol when Baekhyun went into the kitchen to get condiments while Chanyeol was walking to the sink with dirty dishes in his hand. He was tripped and caused to fall on his , the dishes falling in suit, but landing on his clothes. Baekhyun walked off with a triumphant smile, thinking that he had won. But he was proven wrong later when he was entertaining 2 boys who had just came in, and he was leading them to their table. Chanyeol accidentally pushed the cart he was rolling, that had the decorations for later on that night, onto Baekhyun's heel as he was walking the boys, causing the said boy to let out a quite embarrassing squeal/screech and startling the two boys who were unaware of the situation.

Trying to put on his best face, he half smiled through the pain, but his eyes were shooting daggers everywhere he looked, in order to find the giant elf who had caused him this awful pain. But Baekhyun ended up stabbing the poor boys with his deadly daggers. Once he had sat them at their table, he stomped off to find Chanyeol only to be stopped by Suho, who was busy fooling with the frill at the bottom of his maids dress. Not noticing the fuming Baekhyun at first, he looks up, notices the said boy and smiles "Hi Baekk, how's it going? I didn't think we would have this many people come when there are so many other booths!"

Baekhyun replied shortly "Yeah, yeah. It's great. I got to go find Chanyeol so I'll see you later." He walks off hastily. Suho shrugs it off and just continues on into the kitchen to get rags to clean off the un-occupied tables. He walks back and starts to clean one of the tables where the boys Luhan was entertaining were before. He is too busy focusing on getting the sticky and icky stuff off and picking off the dried boba glued to the surface (bubble tea tapioca pearls), because Sehun insisted every cafe needed bubble tea or it isn't "worthy of his presence", to notice the boys staring over at his backside as he unconsciously leans over to cover the whole table.

Yixing notices those boys concentrating hard on something in an un-known direction. He turns his head in the direction they are focused on, only to lay eyes on Suho. With a sigh, Yixing decides to step in for Suho, feeling bad for his best friend. He walks closer to the boys and smiles at them, "Dear customers, if you're not going to order anything or take a seat, please leave now."

The boys, deciding they were done staring at the said boy anyways, leave. Yixing, feeling happy since he did his good deed for the day, continues to do what he was doing before. 

Chen finishes entertaining the air heads that don't even know what drink coffee was, even though he also hadn't known either until Xiumin told him what the warm, dark liquid was. At the thought of the latter, Chen decides to go check what his friend is up to. Reaching the kitchen, he looks around and spots Xiumin rolling out dough strips. He walks over to Xiumin then grins, "Heyo, Minseok!"

Xiumin, noticing the other, turns to face him while dusting off his hands on his apron replying with a tired sigh "Hi, Chen."

Chen playfully pouts "I'm boooooooooored, hyung!! Can you make me some coffee? All these air heads are draining all my energy!!"

Xiumin smile, "Sure." Chen and Xiumin walk further into the back to a coffee station. They talk about what's going on outside: how Kyungsoo turned into Satansoo the minute the cooking started,  how he had to pull Luhan off of Sehun after he found out something about Sehun lying to him, about Satansoo being annoyed by that giant elf Chanyeol who is busy trying to conjure up tricks to torture Baekyhun - until finally the latter snapped and hopped onto the giant's back putting him in a choke hold. The two of them are busy laughing and drinking their coffee when Chen notices how adorable handsome Xiumin is when he smiles or how his eyes look so cute. He can't put his finger on this feeling, but he knows he feels different. He's not sure whether it's jealousy for his handsome friend or something else, but he just shrugs it off and continues to relax. After finishing their coffee break, Chen heads back out into the idiocy pool and Xiumin goes back to the fiery pit of Satansoo's anger, both feeling re-energized after seeing the other.

Meanwhile in the kitchen, Kyungsoo who is losing his patience by the second, sighs. " Kim Kai!!! If you dont shut the up, I swear I'll personally see that you are quiet, permanently!"

Jongin laughs, entertained immensely by Kyungsoo's furious threats. "Woah, woah, Kyunggie, language! I'm just playing with you!"

Kyungsoo bores holes into Kai with is glare, "You call sniffing me, telling me I smell like anger, and pinching me - playing?!"

"Yeah, what else am I supposed to call it?" Kyungsoo's eyebrow twitches in annoyance, "Wait, I got it! How about toying with you?!" Kai laughs like a little kid at his own joke. Before he lays eyes on Kyungsoo's dark aura seeping from his small body, and forces himself to regain his senses as he tries to hold onto his laughter. "Okay, okay, Kyunggie. But you have to admit that was clever!"

"Yeah, well get your "clever" a** out of here, before I make it!" Kyungsoo waves his spatula threateningly at Kai.

"I don't want to! I'm gonna stay here for as long as I want to! Haha!!" Kyungsoo is not about to get a butter knife and cut Kai, when Yixing suddenly calls for Kai to come help him with a group of girls, that had just entered the shop. Kai takes this chace to slip away from the kitchen without and casualties.

When Kai leaves, Kyungsoo sighs as he watches Kai using his flirting-ability to reel in the girls and have them squealing in no time. Ignoring the thought before it makes him self even angrier, he gets back to icing the 2-layered strawberry cream cheese cake with blue and white marbling on the inside - his specialty! Smiling at his work of art in progress, he continues to finish the cake before getting on his other duties doing everything he can to get that imbecile, Kai, out of his mind because he has a lot more stuff to accomplish before his break.