Newcomers' Festival: Complications

Club Exo

Hi, everyone! Here's the next chapter! Hope you enjoy reading! I tried my best and hope for many comments ;) xD At this point I'd also like to thank my two co-authors Mei and Sai for their ideas and our amazing teamwork! You girls rock!


 

“What have I gotten myself into…” Luhan mutters while slipping on his white stockings. “Never would’ve guessed how tight these things are.” Heaving a sigh the pretty boy turns towards the mirror in the left-hand corner of the dressing room and squirms a bit to assess his cute appearance. “Chen?” He pipes up. “How are my seams? Are they straight?”

Chen has to restrain his laughter. Trying very hard to keep up an appraising face, he nods. “Perfect as always!”

Luhan pouts at this. “What’s that supposed to mean? I’m not a f***ing girl!”

Baekhyun grunts behind his dressing table. “Language, Lulu!”

Luhan’s cheeks flare up. Balling his hands into fists, he turns towards the diva. “Oh shut up and stick to your eyeliner, Baekkie!”

The said male simply shrugs and returns to applying his makeup on his clear features. “At least I look fab with eyeliner on. Not so sure about you though, since you’re already self-conscious about simply wearing stockings!” the boy mocks.

“All right, can we all just please focus on getting ready? So we can put this thing behind us as quickly as possible?” Suho asks, a bit anxious. A traditional black maid outfit hugs his thin waist and a white frilled apron is tied behind his back. A similar frilled headband decorated with lace and ribbons sets apart his brunette hair. Despite the frown and the constant lip-gnawing, Suho looks adorable.

Luhan wails in front of the mirror. “You can talk! You’re already done!” Fussing over to Baekhyun’s table, he snatches one of his friend’s rouge pots and despite the latter’s attempt to get it back, starts applying it on his pale cheeks. “Lulu! It’s my last pot of Sinister Rouge!”

At that moment four smiling faces pop up in the doorway to the dressing room. “Done yet?” chimes an expectantly grinning Kai. He’s faced by the door being slammed in his face immediately by a fuming Luhan. “STAY OUT!”

Kris huffs. “No need to be so rude.”

Kai doubles over with laughter. “The look on his face!” Oh if that had been Kyungie… He would’ve looked cute in that blue dress, highlighting his eyes and showing off his legs! Thinking about his recent prey of interest, he blushes slightly and immediately straightens again. Yixing gives him a strange look. Kai tries to brush off the look, “Maybe we should just go ahead and greet the guests. To give the girls more time to get ready” 

At that moment the door to the dressing room slams open and reveals four stunningly beautiful and girly boys. Luhan’s face is still flushed with anger, but it goes well with his dress. Suho is immediately avoiding any eye contact with the waiting males in contrast to the well-known diva, who strolls out casually and leans against the door frame, cocking an eyebrow questioningly. “How do I look?”

Kai whistles appreciatively and Kris claps his hands, impressed by the display his fellow members gave them. Tao, who had been awfully quiet the whole morning, gives him a strange look. Kris seems oblivious to it and, after one last look at the maids, rushes ahead to the café to overlook the last preparations. Tao follows more slowly with a pained look on his face. He barely looked at me, he thinks.

Meanwhile Sehun had a hard time of keeping his eyes off Luhan’s legs. When he had first set eyes on the boy in the maid outfit, he had muttered unconsciously, “Cute...”.

Unfortunately, Luhan had heard this and is now glaring at him. He puts his hands on his hips and gives Sehun his renowned death-glare. “So you think I’m cute!” Butterflies start fluttering in Luhan’s stomach and he knew deep inside he was flushed red, even though he would never admit to it.

Sehun simply shrugs and avoids any eye contact. “Is there something wrong with that," Luhan’s eyes narrow. The warm and cozy feelings were gone.

“Thanks a lot.” he growls and starts heading off towards the café. Sehun hides a smile and follows, giving Yixing a small push, to keep going. “We’re already late! Stop zoning out!”

Yixing snaps back into reality and smiles awkwardly. “Sorry” he says and tries to catch up to Sehun.

Kai had separated from the group pretty quickly after the maids had exited the dressing room. He hopes to get a quick glance at Kyungsoo in his cooking apron, since the treasurer would do the cooking for the café together with Xiumin and Chanyeol. Hastily, he rushes over the lawn, passing various colourful booths and students. He arrives at a small hut with a big sign in front. “Angel’s smile” it reads. Kai shakes his head in disapproval. Why did it have to be “Angel’s Smile"? Of course he knew about Yixing’s obsession with Suho, but the name reminded him too much of a certain someone whom is also often called “Fallen Angel”. A few girls in school uniform are already lining up, waiting to be greeted by Kris, Kai presumes. And giving them a small nod, he trudges inside, hands in his pockets and looking for his doe-eyed boy.

“All set? Kitchen ready?” Kris shouts. He gets approving nods from all the hosts and maids, scattered between the small round tables. Kyungsoo’s black-haired head pops out from behind a door and gives a quick affirmative response before disappearing again. Kai grins, spotting Kyungsoo and starts moving into his direction, trying not to raise the suspicion from the others. Since Kris is explaining the rules and strategy plans to the others, he sees a chance and slips through the kitchen doors. The cramped space in the back of the shop is filled with steam. A sweet scent is hanging in the air and Kai loves it, since it always reminds him of a certain cooking-loving boy. The said male is standing there, between two tables, bossing a sweating Xiumin and a confused looking Chanyeol around.

“Where’s the flour? Xiumin, do you have the whipped cream ready? No, Chanyeol, you can’t peak in the oven yet! The muffins will collapse!” Kyungsoo heaves an exasperated sigh and runs to aid the cookies. Kai chuckles. This is the only place on earth where he can see Kyungsoo’s true face: His enthusiasm for the kitchen.

He sneaks up behind the older, puts his broad hands over the shorter's eyes and breathes into his ear: “Guess who!”

The older stiffens and turns around, not minding Kai’s disappointed look, as his hands fall to his sides. “Go away. Don’t you have customers to serve?” 

Kai’s face lights up in hope. “I’m bored. Kris is giving his ‘fighting-speech’. So I decided to come and look for you. And gosh, you look hot in an apron!”

Kyungsoo’s face is set in a scowl. “Get your out of here before I kick your out of here myself!”

Kai had tried his best puppy face but still ended up with the kitchen door slamming in his face. Pouting he turns around and hurries to perform his duties as host.

Meanwhile, Tao escorts a young, giggling first year with her friend towards a table. All the while his eyes keep roaming the café to watch for what Kris is doing. And he does not like what he sees. Kris is taking his job very seriously. He sits down with his guests, laughs and smiles flirtatiously, his head to the side while giving his blushing customers’ his bad-boy-grin and runs his fingers’ through his perfectly straight hair. Tao is furious. He knows about Kris’s flirtatious side, but he would rather have Kris not showing it publicly.

Angrily making his way towards the kitchen, to get his guests two cups of punch, he notices Kris’s favourite cup sitting on the kitchen counter. Smirking evilly, he reaches for the salt and pours some into Kris’s coffee. Then he returns to his guests, much happier than before.

In the meantime, Sehun is seated comfortably on a couch in a corner, each arm around another girl’s shoulder. His face is passive and reserved but somehow he never fails to attract attention from the female half of the student body. His eyes aren’t set on the swooning girls next to him, but on a certain golden-brown haired maid, serving a bunch of whistling boys in the corner. Luhan turns around with an agonized look on his angelic face and starts heading towards the kitchen, when suddenly one of the boys gives his buttocks a firm slap. Whirling around Luhan brings up his hand and strikes the ert straight across his cheek. The boy howls angrily and gets up, raising his fists, ready to fight. Sehun observes quietly. He’s intrigued how the pretty boy will react. But before the situation is getting out of hand, Kris steps in, ordering the molesters to leave and sending Luhan back to the kitchen. The boy is clearly struggling to keep his rage inside and Sehun hides a smile.

Kris plops back in his chair with a sigh, relieved that no serious damage happened and takes a deep gulp from his mug. Almost immediately he spits it out again, sputtering and coughing with a disgusted look on his face. The girls next to him squeal in surprise and disgust. “What the…” Kris mumbles under his breath and scans the café for the reason of his salty coffee. His eyes immediately lock onto a pair of panda-eyes, sparkling with suppressed laughter. Tao! Slowly, he gets up and strolls towards the culprit. Tao’s lips are quivering, trying to hold in a giggle. Brown juice is staining Kris’s white shirt and puts a slight crinkle in the taller’s ever so perfect appearance.

The latter has reached Tao and pulls on the boy's arm, bringing him up on his feet. “I'm sorry ladies, I need to have a little chat with Tao.” He flashes one of is charming smiles, but oozes out a threatening aura in smaller's point of view. Tao's eyes avert, finding his shoes interesting at the moment. "Don't worry, he will be back soon." Kris gives them his signature wink, before dragging Tao towards the kitchen.

"Kris it hurts!" Tao whines when they had entered the kitchen. Looking down, Kris realizes that he'd been gripping Tao's wrist tightly, much too tight for Tao's liking.

Kris quickly releases is hold on Tao's wrist, and the latter reaches out to his wrist and massages it softly, trying to get rid of the pain. "Sorry about that..." Kris's eyes then change from apologetic fuilt  to seriousness. He clears his throat before he stares deep into Tao's eyes, making the younger unable to look away. "Tao, why did you do that? Why would you put salt in my drink?"

Tao doesn't want to admit that he dislikes Kris's serious attitude when it comes to working for the booth, or else it would seem like he was jealous of those lucky girls who were graced with Kris's effort! Wait... am I jealous.... no way that can't be...! The boy thinks at that moment, before being snapped back into reality by Kris's worried voice, "Tao?"

Tao let out the breath he didn't know he was holding before bringing is lips into a playful smirk, "I thought it was a good prank though, ge!" 

Kris continues with a sigh, “You know I’d rather drink my coffee than wear it." Kris tries to give Tao a smile, but fails to only give him an awkward laugh, "I hope this is not some kind of sickly heart warming attempt to prevent me from taking your customers.”

“It’s certainly not heart warming, and I’m sure that’s just the coffee stain making your heart warm.” Tao grins pointedly and hurries out of Kris’s reach. Kris narrows his eyes at the younger before making his way through the crowded café towards the restrooms, all while cursing at the deep brown stain on his once white shirt.

 


Make sure to leave a comment! ;) <3 Love y'all!