Newcomers' Festival: Prologue to Destruction

Club Exo

Yixing sighs and slumps into the comfort of the cushioned chair below him, exhausted from all the work he had to do. All he wants now is for a break and a nap. Usually around this time, he would be sleeping on the couch of the clubroom now turned into cafe/host club. But since it is a festival, he catches no time to take a nice, relaxing nap. 

Suddenly, something cold soothingly pets his forehead. Yixing brings his eyes up to face the culprit of the nice feeling, only to take in the refreshing image of Suho with is angelic smile, in his maid dress, holding a bottle of ramune (marble drink) to his forehead, offering it to the tired boy. Suho slumps into the chair next to Yixing, popping his own ramune and sighs. "Honestly, I am tired! Kyungsoo keeps on yelling at me and threatening me... It feels so scary, that I feel like crying."

Yixing laughs at Suho's complaint, popping his drink open and taking a sip from it along with Suho. "Well that's expected, it is our very own Satansoo after all." Yixing takes another sip from his ramune, "Plus, Suho, I think you should be worrying more about Baekhyun and Chanyeol. At the rate they are fighting, we will have a big fiasco on our hands."

Suho takes another drink from his bottle, before sighing, "I don't even want to imagine what they could possibly be thinking." Suho burries is face into his hands, paling quite a bit.

Yixing sighs and brings his hand and pets Suho's hair lovingly causing Suho to blush at the sudden contact. "Just don't think about it. That makes it worse." In one gulp, Yixing chugs down the rest of his ramune. Abruptly, he jumps up from his seat. "Well, I better get back to work before there are any more screw-ups. See you later, Suho." With a wave, Yixing walking towards the kitchen but returns halfway. "Oh, and Suho." Yixing gives Suho a small smirk, "You look cute in that." Yixing really does leave the room for real this time, leaving Suho bright red.

While Suho is trying to cool down, there's also one other hot-headed person out in the shop. Tao, still irritated at Kris, is walking away from his table with all those girls there swooning over his back and towards the kitchen to grab some drinks for the customers. At the same time, there is Baekhyun, also walking towards the kitchen, but with a different purpose. Coincidentally, Tao overhears Baekhyun  muttering to himself, "First, I will make sure I make Chanyeol mess up cooking so bad that Satansoo will come out and destroy him. Yes, I will switch the salt with the sugar and then I'll mix the powdered sugar with water so he can't use it anymore... Hehehe...." Baekhyun continues striding towards the kitchen to perform his evil deed, but Tao, who overheard this, stepped in to stop him, as the younger didn't want to have Kyungsoo terrorizing the school. 

Grabbing Baekhyun's wrist and stopping him abruptly, Tao begins: "Baekhyun! What do you think you're-!" Suddenly, Baekhyun's face twists into a dark glare, scary enough to make Tao flinch. And then even Tao, who is way taller than Baekhyun, is suddenly flipped over onto his back with a single tug from Baekhyun. Tao, who had studied wushu since he was young and mastered it. What occurs just then is inevitable now. A scream of horror is heard, and bodies rustling towards the scene where Tao lays, fainted. "Ahh! Tao, you scared me, sorry! Tao, answer me!" Baekhyun shook Tao in fright. "Tao! Tao!"

Suddenly, Tao is scooped up by Kris and held bridal style by the taller male. "Baekhyun get back to work. I'm going to take Tao to the back to rest a bit." Kris smiles to the customers, who are disturbed by the sudden episode and apologizes, "Sorry, for the inconvenience, but Tao and I will be taking a break for now." Kris, with Tao in hand, paces towards the kitchen, and disappears through the door.

A crowd of dissapointed "awws" ring through the café, but they don't last long with Kai around. "Now, now ladies. It's not like you all aren't satisified with just me." Kai flashes them his well-known, y smirk and pierces all their hearts, stealing away all of Tao's and Kris's customers. "Come here, and sit with me. Please bless me with your company, my little kittens."

As Kai is distracting the crowd of female customers, Kris sets down Tao onto a couch so he can rest. He then takes it to himself to grab a glass of water for Tao - so whenever he may wake up, he will be ready. Getting up, Kris makes is way to the kitchen and grabs Tao's favorite panda mug and fills it with cold water. Then he strides back to Tao and sets down the cup on one of the side tables nearby.

About an hour after Tao's fainting, Kai is exhausted by flirting for once in his life. Even the playboy god Kai doesn't have enough stamina to deal with that many girls. If you add Tao's, Kris's and his own custmers up, that would be about 100 girls! So of course, Kai as tired as he is, wanders into the kitchen for a small break, asking for Chanyeol to please entertain the customers for a bit so he can get some rest.

Kai makes his way to a chair in the kitchen and falls onto it, trying to get as comfortable as possible so he can have a short nap. After adapting to the cushioned seat, Kai shuts his eyes, trying to fall into a pit of darkness called sleep. Soon enough, Kai is fast asleep, slumped into his seat. It is around that time that Kyungsoo is passing by. In the corner of his eyes, the little wide eyed boy catches sight of Kai in the chair, not moving a single inch, except for the small raises of his chest that shows his breathing and a slight tremble every so often from the chilly air.

Kyungsoo slightly shivers himself at the cool air conditioning. It's cold in here... Kyungsoo takes a peek at Kai who gives out a small sneeze, but is still unconcious. He is going to catch a cold at this rate.... Kyungsoo sighs, before heading to a cupboard and grabs a fluffy blanket from it. Swiftly and gently, he wraps it around Kai's snoozing body. Then he smiles softly at the sight of Kai's lips slightly rising and his face becoming calmer. He is so peaceful... Kyungsoo stands there a bit longer to appreciate Kai's tranquil face. He pets Kai's soft dark brown locks softly and he tucks some loose strands of his hair behind his ear. It would be better if he was always like this. If he was, then maybe I would be able to open up to him.... But he catches himself. What are you doing! What if you are caught acting like this! Geez! Kyungsoo, you idiot! You need to get back to work! Kyungsoo slaps his own cheecks to refocus himself and with a new resolve, Kyungsoo heads back to work, trying to forget the calming image in his mind of sleeping Kai.

Abruptly, Tao jumps up from where he lays. And Kris, acting reflexively, takes the panda mug and passes it to the now awake boy. "You okay, Tao? Does your head hurt?" With a worried tone, Kris pets Tao's cheek and the back of his head to check for any injuries, but thankfully, he doesn't find any.

Tao gave Kris a small smile before taking his favorite mug and taking a gulp of water from it, "Yeah right, who would be okay after being tossed by someone smaller than you.  Especially if you are a master at wushu!" Tao pouts cutely, "Honestly, where does Baekhhyun get all his strength from..." Trailing on, Tao remembers what he must do. All of a sudden, Tao grabs onto Kris's wrist, bringing himself up. Tao starts rushing and dragging Kris out of the back into the kitchen stating in panic, "Kris we have to hurry! Before we are too late!"

"Too late for what?" Kris inquires in confusion as to why Tao is acting this way.

Tao examines the room, checking for a certain eyeliner diva's location, "We need to stop Baekhyun before it is too late."

At that moment, Baekhyun is far from Tao's sight. In fact, Baekhyun is in the mens' restroom, and what he is doing in there, no one knows. But, it seems as if Baekhyun is preparing for the evil prank he will play on the giant yoda he hates so much. Gazing into his reflection, Baekhyun smirks in excitement. He can't wait to make the rest of Chanyeol's life a living hell. After rinsing his hands with the freezing cold bathroom water, Baekhyun exits the restroom and turns around the corner only to create a loud thud.

Thud! "Hey! What was that for?!" Baekhyun had run into a couple of thugs, and in return, the thug he had ran into, growled at him, "Oh! We have a maid in our hands, boys!" the thugs laugh loudly, disrupting the peaceful hallway. "And a cute one at that!" The guy grabs Baekhyun's wrist forcefully, causing the latter to whince, "Why don't you spend some time with us, cutie!" Baekhyun scowls in disgust, "You can call us master, too! Ahahaha!"

Hearing that comment, Baekhyun snaps. His eyes grow dark and angry, a threatening snarl slipping out of his mouth. But before he can start a rampage, an arm wraps around Baekhyun's thin waist from behind him. "I'm sorry but..." A familiar deep voice calls from the intruder behind him, and it causes Baekhyun to shudder. "...he is mine, so don't lay your filthy hands on him... if you know what's good for you." Chanyeol glares at the opposing thugs in front of them, as he brings himself to hug Baekhyun from behind. The thugs are overwhelmed by the tall boy's presence and flee the scene out of fear of the giant.

Baekhyun, on the other hand, pushes Chanyeol off of him. "I didn't need you to save me. I could have taken care of that bunch of idiots myself."

Chanyeol sighs as he brushes off his pants, "I didn't do it for you." Baekhyun feels a foreign feeling in his chest. It is suffocating and heavy, and it just felt awful. This can't be.... disappointment?! No- impossible! Baekhyun thinks to himself as he tries to analyze the emotions he is feeling. Chanyeol continues on, "I just don't want the club to take the punishment for your careless actions. So be more careful."

Baekyun feels his heart shatter a bit and it's filling with...sadness. Baekhyun realizes that he is unstable, that his self might break, if he speaks. Even so, Baekhyun takes the risk. "I can watch myself just fine!" he screams at Chanyeol, small tears at the edge of his eyes. But, he has his back facing Chanyeol, so the latter is unable to see Baekhyun's unstable mind. "Don't boss me around!" Baekhyun storms off in the direction he originally came from, to the restrooms.

However, as he leaves, he still hears Chanyeol muttering: "Why does he always have to be so dramatic, stupid brat." Baekhyun gulps down the lump in his throat, as he makes his way back into the bathroom, locking himself into the closest cubicle. 

He rubs at his now wet face, making the tears disappear. "It's not like I want to be like this." a silent sob escapes his lips as he wipes off the last bit of his smeared eyeliner. The now eyeliner-less boy bursts out of his cubicle and turns on a faucet, splashing his face with freezing water.

Baekhyun glares into his reflection, at his drenched face and the deadly glare in his eyes. "Park Chanyeol, I will make you pay for embarrassing me."


Hi readers! Are you all well? I hope you enjoyed this chapter of Club EXO! \(^v^)/