Secrets of the Five

Bleeding Out

It was a couple of days since the unfortunate event happened, and Luhan still hadn’t uttered a word to his fiancé; In fact, instead of being around the flat, he had been gone from before Hara woke up to when she was lying in the bed with drowsy eyes that hardly were opened.

So to compensate for the lack of communication between the two of them, Hara had begun to work out, the fact that she was almost , had an encouraging effect too. 
Every morning before breakfast, she had put on a pair of running shorts, put a leash on the puppy tiger and in a reasonable pace run around the complex, slowly expanding her route every day, until she wasn’t a panting mess after every 100 meters.

When Kai caught wind of this, he proposed that they ate breakfast together before taking a longer run together to work on her cardio as she had promised Luhan. So now the pair of them sat at the top of a hill watching the small pup running around the green landscape, enjoying the feeling of being free.

“Have you talked to him yet?” he sighed, leaning back on his elbows and studied the Girl beside him.

“I have talked at him more likely. He won’t respond to anything I say, and the only interaction we’ve had, is when he tighten his grip around me at night and sort of begins to inhale my scent, like he’s trying to make sure I’m really there. It’s kind of weird, but I’m a little afraid of saying something that’ll make him scared and run for his life.” She admitted quietly, resting her head on the damp grass and signing loudly.

“I just wished he would say something. Even if it was that he’s mad at me.”

“I don’t think he’s mad at you,” Kai chuckled, finding his pack of cigarettes and pulling one out, lightening it and taking a pull. “It’s probably more likely that he’s angry at himself, Lin or Yuri for allowing you to be near David. And since David already got his turn, and he can’t really touch Yuri or Lin, he has to take it out on himself.”

Hara lazily turned her vision away from the sky and instead towards him. “Can’t he see that it doesn’t really help any of the parties? I’m getting agitated and pissed off, and he’s moody and brooding silently, not really the ideal situation for a newly engaged couple.” She joked lightly, trying to keep her frustrations out of her voice, but it was as clear as day for the tanned boy.

“I just hate people, who refuse to talk to me, you know? It’s not my fault that David is the biggest jerk in your entire gang, which kinda tells you more than you need to know, and that he decided to try and force himself on me! I’m not saying it their faults, but if they hadn’t told me to not mention Luhan, it would never have happened!” she screeched heatedly, her breath coming out in angry puffs.

“Do you want me to tell you a story?” he softly asked, not really liking the way her eyes flared and how the flush of her chest expanded.

“If you must,” she sighed overdramatically and sat up to watch the tanned boy beside her.

“I thought it would be nice for you if you got a little bit more insight knowledge about the gang, and maybe even the five of us that you mostly are surrounded by.” He explained, pulling his vibrating phone from his pocket and throwing it to the side.

 

“For twenty-five years ago, the members of the Wallflower gang was a bit... rowdy. It was the end of the eighties and the gang was going through a bit of a rough patch

One day on a cold December day, a young, beautiful girl came by the headquarters. Stories tell that she had the prettiest blue eyes, with almond colored hair that made every guy around her fall in love. But this time she wasn’t coming in to look for someone to warm up her bed. 
Instead in her arm she carried a small child, he was recently born, possibly a Christmas baby judging by the size, but there was no love for the small boy in her blue eyes.

She met up with the top ten men at that time and made them a proposition. Either they gave her 50,000 Dollars for the child or she would hand it over to the United. Rumor has it that she didn’t even spare the child a look; he was simply a thing she could negotiate with to earn a few Dollars. “

Kai’s voice had grown into something solemn; it was obvious to her that this was a topic he felt was hard to talk about. So she gently reached out and enveloped his much bigger hand in her smaller once, giving them a tight squeeze, just to show him that she appreciated what he was doing for her.

The entire story was also hard on Hara to hear, if there was one thing she loved in this world, it was children. She wanted a dozen kids running around looking like her. Even the thought of growing a child inside her, made her heart beat faster and a warm and fuzzy feeling in her stomach to spread. 
That was why, she couldn’t understand how a woman could give away a child just like that, when it was created from her own DNA, she had carried it within her for almost ten months without forming a bond to the child. 

“The woman claimed that the child was Wallflower born, his father was a member, but she couldn’t point out whom. At that time, there were girls that only hooked up with Wallflower members because of the protection we provide, it was code amongst members that a woman involved with a Wallflower was to be protected.

But as you probably figured out by now, Wallflowers doesn’t do well with threats, and they never leave a member behind. So instead of going through with her extortion, they took the child by force and killed her off.” He let the end of the sentence trail off, letting it get swallowed by the damp, silent air of July before the words sunk in with the girl.

“Nobody was able to identify, who the father of the child was, and none of the lads were fit to take care of a child at the moment of their life. So they called in a favor from a female friend of the former leader, she promised to take care of the boy and raise him until the Wallflowers saw it fit for him to return to home. To spare him from growing up in a city filled with crime and violence, Hua Wu and the boy moved to a town in beijing, where he could grow up in peace.”

 

“Wait, the boy was kris? I thought Kris did know his mother?” Hara asked confused, not able to process all of the information Kai just gave her.

She had always thought that Kris grew up in normal family with his mother, stepfather and sisters. But then again, it wasn’t like Kris loudly proclaimed that his upbringing had been normal, so it was her fault for jumping to conclusions, right?

“He knows his mum, but the woman, who gave birth to him, is not in his memory.” Kai clarified slowly, watching the wheels turning within her brain.

“Wow, that’s surprising, he never felt like a victim from a dysfunctional family. What about his father? Has he figured out, who it is?”

“Let me just finish the story, okay?” he chuckled, taking a cigarette out of the pack and lightning it up.

“Kris moved to Daxing District with Hua and everything was well within the gang, as long as you didn’t account for the missing leader. But outside the gang, people had heard about the incident of the brunette girl with the baby on her arm and nobody had seen her ever since. Many thought it was because she was granted the money and chose to leave the dark place, while only a few feared what really happened.

So another stupidly brave girl repeated the action with another small baby boy on her arm, this time wanting more money than the previous thinking, if they are willing to pay 50,000, why not 75,000? But nothing had changed since the time before, and the lads still didn’t respond well to extortion, so they killed her. Another woman was chosen to take care of the boy and they were sent off to Sokcho.

Another two women came and claimed to have given birth to Wallflower sons, and both experienced the same faith as Kris’ mother. But the fourth time the lads had enough, they were tired of killing off the women they had slept with and condemning their sons into foster families, so they sent out a warning, telling the citizens of Soul that if anyone threaten any former, current or future members of the gang it would result in a death sentence.

But in the year of 1992, on the 14th of February, a frail looking woman came through the doors, claiming she had given birth to the upcoming leader of the gang. In her arms lay a small, innocent looking boy with thick curls and shining hazel eyes that begged for attention, anyone with a single ounce of compassion melted at the sight of the boy.

She looked deeply into the eyes of the leader and told him, here is your boy, if you want him, I’m gonna needed a million dollars and a plane ticket to New York. 
She was a smart girl, she knew if there was any chance of her surviving this, she needed to leave the country within a short period of time, if she wanted to avoid run ins with the gang.

But of course he wasn’t gunna agree to that, not only was it insulting that she didn’t want his son, but how could she imagine that his son was a piece of goods she could trade with. I guess you already knew that Anne wasn’t Luhan’s biological mother, so I can guess that you know the rest of that story, right?” Kai chuckled drily, throwing the finished cigarette away and standing up from the damped grass.

 

“Luhan’s mum tried to sell him?! Yours, Baekhyun and Lay’s too? That’s insane.” She cried out, the news of Luhan’s origin was shocking and very unbelievable. “But Anne told me Luhan’s mother died closely to his birth..”

“Well, she did, but her death was not really of a natural cause, more like gang involvement.” Kai replied with a sad smile. “And yeah, we were the other three children mentioned in the story. That’s why we became so close; nobody can really say they had the same upbringing as us, so we stuck together when we finally were reunited.”

 “When was that, when did you come back to Seoul?”

Kai quietly cleared his throat. It was once thing to think back to the time, where he and his best friends were left by their mothers, it was hard and Hara obviously knew that, but she needed to know. She needed the insight in their life to fully understand the way they work and why Luhan acted the way that he did.

But to remember back to the time of his life, where he suddenly found the meaning of his existence was great. The lads sometimes sat down and just reminisced about their first meeting, how they all was just small, thin looking boys that wouldn’t be able to knock down a fly if it came at them.

“Well, Luhan was the first one back. I think with his father, or who they thought was his father, he was always meant to take over the gang some time. So the minute he turned fourteen, he was shipped off from Sokcho to Seoul.

I can’t really talk on his behalf, but I thought it was really scary to leave the family, which had raised you, to an empty house where you were to be the entire time alone, until the house cook came along to prepare dinner.

And he was the first one you know, at least when I arrived Louis and him already were there, but he had to live in the house all by himself for a while until Kris joined him, and even then Kris and I were still older than fourteen.”

This information made Hara’s heart ache, to think that a small, scared looking teenage boy had to live all by himself in a big house, and to know that it was Luhan, her Luhan, with the mood swings and all too possessive tendencies. To know that he went through the roughest patch in his life alone only supported by four other teenagers.

“I remember entering the house....
I didn’t really know what I was supposed to do, so I just began to look around, and suddenly I found this huge flat screen with an x-box hooked on.

And in front of the telly sat two boys, one tall lanky lad with loose curls on top of his head, and the other slightly tan with brown hair and a big smile. They just sat there without a care in the world playing Fifa and laughing, like they weren’t the only people in the house.

And then the skinny curly haired lad turned to me and said, you must be that Jongin guy, right? Min Woo told me you were coming, not that I care that much anyway, but settle down mate, dinner is not until six o’clock and we just begun playing.

And I was just stunned, he was obviously both smaller and younger than me, and still he was able to talk like that to me? That was the first time I really noticed how well he was carrying himself in front of others. And Kris just sat there and laugh, he of course thought it was hilarious.”

A low chuckled spread through the two of them. Hara could already imagine how young, teenage Luhan wasn’t afraid of putting an older lad in his place, especially in his own house.

 

“Do you know, who your father is?” Hara asked timidly, not wanting to ruin the moment by questioning stuff like that, but she really wanted to know, and curiosity was one of her weaknesses.

“I do now, yeah, or at least I think I do. No one has really told us, but I have a certain tanned skin, and the amount of not fully asian members back then, was really not that high. You’ve met Donghae, right? He taught me how to shoot and even gave me my first gun. I think he knows I know, but we don’t talk about it.” Kai shrugged, a bit of strain hearable in his voice, but who wouldn’t have?

The idea of his father not wanting to admit that he was his son, must’ve resulted in some pretty heavy daddy issues.

“Baekhyun and Kris have a more common look, so it’s a bit harder for them to guess, a lot of the lads has brown hair. But Baekhyun mentioned something with an older member,Kyuhyun , giving him a lot of advice about Yuri and how he should handle the situation with initiating her into the gang. And you know that birthmark Baekhyun has on his neck, Kyuhyun had on like it on his collarbones, so it’s a possibility, but again, no one’s talking.”

“What about Lay? Is there a certain reason he was sent to Japan? I’m thinking it would be a lot easier just to keep him here in Seoul.” She wondered confused, still feeling bad for Kris, seeing as almost every one of the lads had an idea of who their biological fathers were, but him.

“Well, that’s a bit of a funny case, really. Rumors have it that when they were deciding, who should take care of Lay, a member called Yuji, a Japanese member at that, requested that he was sent. It was of course a strange demand, but Yuji’s cousin Akira had room in her house and welcomed the small lad like her own son.

But yeah, Yuji kind of revealed himself at that, but at least he took some care of his son, instead of all the others.” He scoffed, picking the small exhausted pup up in his arms and begun to walk back.

“And Luhan? You mentioned he was the son of the leader back then, but I don’t know much of the line of Wallflower leaders,” she requested quietly, walking alongside Kai and watching him curiously how he tensed up slightly.

“Well, around Kris’ birth the gang was without a leader, he was recently killed off by the United, which was one of the reason women thought they could walk in and demand money from us. There were a few suggestions to who it might be, even though there really only was one choice that would be the right one.

 It is common for a new leader to step up in the former’s place at the age of twenty-five if they are related, because it would mean that the former leader wouldn’t lose any form of position, since his son still ruled. But since Edward II had died recently after his son’s birth, his and Lin’s brother, Jeonghan had taken over the gang, however he never fathered a child, meaning that the leadership rightfully belong to his nephew.”

Kai glanced lazily at Hara and watched with satisfaction how shocked she looked.

“Are you telling me what I think you’re telling me?”