Moving

Bleeding Out


The group arrived at the party, and soon Hara was pulled by her arm through the crowd. “What’s where you’re going!” she hissed, slapping Luhan on the back of his head, when he suddenly stopped. “Now, who did I have to meet?!” She sighed, looking around to find someone familiar looking, but none as there. Instead stood a beautiful lady with the same hazel eyes as Luhan and long brown hair. “Your.. mother?”

“Hello Honey,” the lady smiled, pulling Luhan into her arms and then focusing her attention on Hara. “Now, introduce me to this beauty.” Hara’s cheeks blushed at the compliment, knowing it was her mother in law, who was talking the sweet about her.

“Mum, this is Hara, my fiancée. Hara, this is my mum.”

“That’s was good, Darling. Now leave us, so I can get to know this girl, who apparently stole your heart.” His mother smiled, pushing Luhan lightly on his way away from the girls.

“But mum..!” he whined, pouting at her dismissingly actions, but hushed was her brows raised. “I’m gunna go talk to Kris...”

“You can call me Anne, or mum if you like, but I don’t think we are there yet.” Anne said knowingly, looking Hara over once more, frowning a bit when she watched the thinness of her arms. “Let’s sit down and get something to eat, yeah?”

“Okay, mum Anne.” Hara replied, still overwhelmed by the shock of meeting the person, who had born Luhan; the person, who was responsible for the person Luhan was before the gang member took over. Back when he was just an innocent boy, who’d never killed a person.

The couple sat down at a table, where a wine bottle stood in the middle. Hara was quick to fill her glass and gulp the entire thing down, before taking another sip of her second fill. “So, you’re Luhan’s mother? He never mentioned any family, so Im just assumed…”

“Well, Luhan’s not really my biological son.” Anne admitted, chuckling a bit when the wine from Hara’s mouth found its way down her chin.

“What?! You’re not his mother? But the two of you look so alike.”

“Our looks are merely a coincidence.” Anne smiled, remembering all the times people had complimented she and her son for looking so alike. “My husband, Shin, was a member of the gang. We married young and thought about having a child. Shin always wanted a boy, saying it was his biggest dream, so i got pregnant, and nine months later I gave birth to a beautiful baby girl, Gemma, Luhan’s sister.

“And even if she wasn’t a boy, Shin loved her. He adored her and worshipped the ground we walked on, until the day where a member of the United killed him in a raid. I mourned in a long time. His was the love of my life, the only man I’ve ever been with, still is. So when he wasn’t here anymore, I had a big hole in my heart; and nothing could fill that void. Until one day, the first of February, where a beautiful baby boy was born.

“His mother died shortly after Luhan’s birth; therefore Min Woo needed someone to take care of him. Shin always wanted a boy, so I offered to take him in and raise him as my own. Min Woo, being a good friend of Shin and I, accepted and made me promise to take him away from Seoul, so he wouldn’t be affected by the gang until he was seven, when we had to come back. Other than that the only thing I got was his name, after the first Wallflower born of course. We moved to a small town in Incheon, where Gemma and I treated him like a member of our family and then seven years later we came back.”

“I’m sorry about your husband.” Hara said quietly, still trying to process the new information she was just told. “What happened to Gemma? Is she married to a member?” she began looking around, searching for a brunette girl with the same vibrant eyes as her brother and mother.

“No Dear. Gemma always hated the gang life, couldn’t understand how I married one of the members. So the minute she was able to, she fled to Seoul with her boyfriend, who is now her fiancée; the wedding is in November, I’m sure you’re invited. But we still talk, she even knows about you.”

“Oh, I would be delighted to meet her, she sounds reasonable.” Hara chuckled bitterly, easily following Gemma’s train of thoughts.

“Yeah, Luhan told me about the real reason for your engagement. Gemma doesn’t know of course, she would never talk to him again, if she knew. But I take it he’s grown on you, hasn’t he? It doesn’t look like you’re dying in his company.” Anne asked, enjoying the thought of Luhan and Hara actually falling in love, instead of marrying out of duty. That would make the possibility of grandchildren even greater.  

“Well, he’s a bit strict, you know? And traditional in his punishments; and very, very possessive.” Hara mumbled through gritted teeth. Well, if Hara had to live with the punishments, Luhan’s mother had to know about them. “Wait, do you have a Wallflower tattoo too?”

“I do,” Anne smiled, pulling the sleeve of her deep red dress up and revealing the name of her late husband on her right upper arm, right where Hara’s was. “Luhan always had an obsession with it, when he was younger.” Her laughter died down when Hara showed her the tattoo she just recently had done.

“Yeah, I think I know about that obsession you speak of.”

 

The two women kept talking about the only thing they had in common, Luhan and being the partner of a gang member. But soon the subject of their chat showed up.

“Mother, is it okay for me to steal Hara away for the night? We have to get up early in the morning to move her things to my place.. well our place.” He asked, sneaking his arm around Hara’s waist and pulled her back against his front with a crooked smile, while he inhaled the sweet scent that always calmed him down.

“Well, if you must, my dear. But will I see you again before I go back to Incheon?” Anne pouted. Hara chuckled at the sight, when she felt Luhan stiffen a bit behind her. It usually was the son, who was able to play his mother; but not in this family apparently, - Luhan was obviously a er for his women.

“We-well, of course, mum. You can come over for dinner tomorrow night; the boys will be there alongside the girls. Hara can cook, yeah?” he suggested, squeezing her side to make her agree, but instead made her let out a loud squeal turning a lot of the attention towards her.

“Yeah, sure.” She stuttered, not knowing how Luhan would react when she told him that the only thing she could make in the kitchen was pasta and scrambled eggs.

“I would absolutely love that! Call me if you need anything, okay?”

“Of course, mum.” Luhan smiled tightly, kissing her cheek and letting Hara do the same thing before pulling her with him to the car. “Was she too much? She can be a bit smothering.” He chuckled, opening the door and helping her into the car.

“No, she was just lovely.” Hara smiled, not wanting to tell him that she actually loved the smothering, not having experienced it since her mother left. “She showed me her tattoo…” she suddenly said when he sat down in the driver seat, letting it out there for him to process. “She was really touched when she found out that you’d chosen to do mine the same place as hers.”

“Yeah well, she seemed fond of its place, so I thought why not?” he shrugged, turning the radio on, obviously not comfortable talking about nostalgic things like this.

“She told me that you had this weird obsession with it when you were a child.”

“It wasn’t an obsession! It just.. It reminded her of Shin, and every time she missed him, she would hug herself so the tattoo touched her heart; and then she would feel better. I just.. you know?”

She nodded quietly, giving his thigh a comforting squeeze and leant her head against his shoulder. "I know ..” She cooed. “It’s okay if you want to cry, though, I won’t tell the others.”

 

“ off, Hara!”

 

●   ●   ●   ●   ●

 

“Luhan!” a voice whined, someone pulling his leg making him grunt in annoyance.

“I’m sleeping.”

“I’m hungry and I can’t work your coffee machine.”

“Hara, you don’t even like coffee.” He pointed out, turning around so he was facing her. She was currently sporting one of his jumpers that was way too big on her and a pair of sweat pants that she had left at his place . But even then, she looked just down right able to him.

“I’m tired and you demanded the others to be at my mansion in an hour, so if you want me to function, I need caffeine and something to eat.” She complained, sitting down in the bed so she was straddling his shins. “I’m your fiancée, so you have to feed me; otherwise I’m forced to tell your mother.”

 “You’re not a ing bird, H. You can catch your own food.” He grumbled, raising his legs to try and throw her off him, but only managed to make her more stubborn. She placed her bum firmly on his shins and pulled her phone out of the pocket of the sweats. She sent him an unpleased look before raising the phone to her ear. “What are you doing? Are you seriously calling her? Hara, stop! She’s sleeping.”

“Hello Anne, yeah, did you know your son doesn’t even cook for me? He pulled the ‘the man does the work, the woman cooks’-card. Yeah, I know. That’s unbelievable, right? I’m sorry, but he just isn’t raised right.” She sighed, looking at Luhan with a smirk. “She’s very disappointed,” she mouthed, causing Luhan to leap out of the bed and tackle her to the floor.

“Hi mum, she’s just kidding, you know that right?” he said hurriedly when he finally won the phone from the small girl. But no one replied. “You tricked me! Why would you do something like that?” he frowned, looking down at her, who was smiling pleased with herself, while pulling Luhan’s pillow down so her head could rest on it.

 

“Well, I’ve been trying to wake you up for the past half hour, we have to be at my house in fifteen minutes, but you wouldn’t listen. So I called Lin and asked them to pick up breakfast and coffee for everyone, so you didn’t need to eat before we drove.”

 

“What a smart girl I’ve found, huh?” he said through gritted teeth, placing a chaste kiss on her forehead before standing up and locking himself in the bathroom.

 

“Good morning Sleepyhead,” Kris cheered, when Luhan finally pulled up at Hara’s flat complex. “You look well rested.”

“Hey, don’t look at me; it’s Sleeping Beauty over there, who didn’t want to get up.” Hara defended, shrugging her shoulders in Luhan’s direction, before stealing a cup of steaming coffee from Lin and unlocking the door. “Just keep calm when we get in there, okay? I can keep him down, but he gets kind of aggressive around males.”

Luhan exchanged looks with the guys, who all looked completely lost. But their confusion soon disappeared when Lay walked through the door right after Hara.

 

A light barking noise began the second he stepped into the sitting room. In front of him sat a tiny, brown and white Cavalier King Charles Spaniel with long curly ears and an angry scowl that only got worse when Baekhyun, Kris and Kai joined him.

“Yeah, that’s Jack . He hates every male.” Hara explained embarrassed, shuffling her feet a bit when she sat down to pet the barking dog. “He gets fine after a half hour or so, but don’t worry I can lock him in the bathroom.”

But suddenly the woofing stopped. Hara looked down at the dog, whose attention now fully was given to the curly haired boy, who leant against the door frame.

 

“He doesn’t look that dangerous.” He chuckled, slowly walking towards him and sitting down beside Hara causing Jack to lie down on his back in an act of submission. He began to whine, when Luhan didn’t pet his stomach right away making Hara gasp out loud.

“What the hell is happing?” Hara mused, watching how Jack’s tail wiggled when Luhan finally gave in to the little dog.

“I believe, he thinks you’re his father, Lu.” Kris chuckled, looking the three of them over. “You do share the luscious curls.”

 

“No, he doesn’t think Luhan is his dad. He’s just submitting to the most dominant in the room; it’s your fault really that he barks at you.” Hara defended, not really believing her own words. So to create distance between the boy and his newly found son, she pulled Jack into her arms and stood up. “Do you think that stupid man is your daddy? That’s right he isn’t, is he?” she cooed making his tail wiggle in joy.

“What would you have done if dogs weren’t allowed in my mansion?” Luhan wondered, standing up beside her and ruffling Jack’s ear.

“Tell you that either we were moving, or I’d stay.”

Luhan shrugged; he didn’t care about hypothetical issues, so it didn’t matter anymore. A warning might have been nice, been since when had Hara tried to make his life easier? “Have you thought about where his bed should be placed?”

“Jack sleeps in the bed with me.” Hara argued, letting the small dog down so he could have some water from his bowl.

“Like hell he is. Sure, he might be cute, but do you know how many hairs dog like him shed? And with my black sheets, it’s gunna be a ing nightmare!”

“He’s two months old; you can’t tell him that he isn’t allowed to sleep with his parents!”

“I thought, she said Luhan wasn’t his father?” Lay mused quietly to Kai, who just shrugged at the two.

“He’s a dog! He doesn’t care, give him a bone and he’ll be happy for life. He doesn’t need to sleep in our bed.”

 

“Fine, I’ll sleep on the sofa with him. Then you can have your bed nice and free of both dog and female human hair.” She huffed, giving him one last unpleased look before turning around on her heels and moving to the bedroom to start packing down her clothes.

 

“That argument sounded really parent-y.” Kris whispered to Luhan, watching Lin shake her head in disappointment, before following Yuri after Hara. “And now your argument caused me problems, figures.”

“Well, at least you don’t have to share your bed and fiancé with a tiny fur ball.” Luhan sighed, already knowing he couldn’t let Hara sleep on the sofa a few feet away for him without wanting to pull her into the bed with him every night; even if that meant Jack earned a place in his bed. “You are already causing problems for me, Jack.” He bend down and petting the dog’s head.

 

●   ●   ●   ●   ●

 

“So, how come you named him Jack?” Luhan asked when he and Hara drove the first boxes to his Place. Briefly looking at the dog on her lap that currently was sleeping after the very exciting day he just had.

“I always liked the name Jack - just because, actually. I got him from Ireland after a drinking trip with some friends, and one morning I had a massive hang-over, I spotting this lady with a beautiful Cavalier King Charles, and I just bend down to pet her. The owner asked if I ever wanted one; because the one I met had just had pups. So I got her contact information and when I got home, she sent me some pictures of the puppies, and I just fell in love with him.” Hara explained, looking down lovingly at the pup, causing Luhan to smile at the thought that maybe someday, she would feel like that about him.

“I’ve been thinking about something. I had the idea that maybe we could make the second bedroom into an office and a bigger closet, so there would be enough space for your stuff. Would you like that?” he asked hesitatingly, not sure how she would feel about the idea.

 

And he was right. She didn’t know what to feel. The second bedroom had always reminded her of Luhan’s promiscuous lifestyle; and she hadn’t expected him to give that up, just because they were getting engaged. Sure, it would be nice to know that he wasn’t ing another girl right next to where she slept. But she had also made it very clear to him that she wasn’t going to sleep with him, just because they were engaged. Not ruling the option out completely; because she knew that if Luhan treated her right and didn’t go around shagging every long legged blonde and Asians he saw, 
she would with time develop some feelings for him that she might act upon, especially since they were stuck together for life.

But for him to tell her that he was planning on change the shagging room into something that she could use was a really big progress between the two of them. “Yeah, I would like that.” She whispered quietly, turning towards him when the car reached a traffic light and placing a small kiss on his lips. “Thank you.”

“You’re welcome,” he replied with a small smirk, stealing another kiss before starting the car once again. He now knew he was completely ed, not only had he allowed the fur ball into his bed, but after today his house was designed to a completely one woman man. And the funny thing was that he didn’t mind it any longer.

 

“So, he’s letting to throw out the bed.” Lin stated, staring at her with an open mouth.

“Yes.”

“He’s throwing out this bed? The one where he shags all of his conquest, so he don’t have to do the walk of shame?”

“Yes, Lin.”

“He throws out the bed, without any insurance that you are gunna sleep with him?”

 

“Bloody hell, Lin. What do you want me to say? Yes, from now on the only bed you can shag in would be the one we are sharing in the original bedroom! Does that answer your questions?” Hara sighed once again.
She was currently putting together a new closet from Ikea Dani and Baekhyun had gotten before going back to Luhan and Hara’s place. Lin and Yuri were supposed to be helping, but since Lin never had done any manual labor in her life, and Yuri thought the instructions were too hard to understand, Hara was left to do the heavy lifting, while being interrogated by the two girls.

 

When the girls had asked why they were putting together a new closet and Hara had told them the reason, Yuri had just accepted the news with a knowing smile, while Lin obviously wasn’t as easy to please.

 

“You do know what that means don’t you? He has finally admitting and accepted that he is a taken man!” the small brunette cheered, clapping her hand like Christmas had come early this year. “I can’t believe it! I can remember the day I first met Luhan and I never thought he was gonna settle down. But then again I thought his girl was gonna be like me, quiet and submissive. But you really showed everyone didn’t you? You tamed the untamable beast, that really takes lady balls!”

 

“Lin!” Yuri screeched, covering her ears at the bad words spewing from her friend’s mouth. “You are lucky we are in public, otherwise Kris would have gotten angry.” She shook her head disappointed and met Lin’s curious eyes.

 

“Does Baekhyun punish you if you cuss in public?” She asked frowning. The tanned girl looked down at the floor and nodded her head twice. “That’s a bit harsh isn’t it?”

 

“Well, like I said earlier we talked, he hasn’t always been like that. But now it’s just, if we are out with someone from the gang or associates, he doesn’t tolerate anything, even if it’s the f-bomb I subconsciously drop.” She quietly informed the girls. Hara had to bite her lip, she wouldn’t comment on this issue, because she knew that it would only result in her punching Baekhyun and therefore Luhan punishing her later; and neither Yuri nor herself needed that right now.

 

“Maybe you can talk to Min Woo about him; it’s really not fair for you to be punished just because of a little bad mouthing.” Lin argued upset causing Hara to be a little proud of her. For a month ago when they met, Lin had been this quiet girl in her own little shell that was afraid to say no to anything, and now she was encouraging Yuri to say no to the bad treatment she was getting.

“It’s fine, really..” Yuri mumbled, her cheeks getting a light pink colour, telling Hara that she really didn’t want to talk about this anymore.

“Well, we have another problem. Luhan expects me to cook tonight for us and his mum, but I can’t cook to save my life.” Hara whined, putting together the last piece of the now finished closet. “Help me up with this,
” she got a hold of one of the side, while Lin and Yuri took the other, and lifted the furniture to stand against the wall. “Perfect.”

“Well, then. Let’s go to the kitchen and make your mother-in-law some food.”