My Only Girl in return for My Freedom

Bleeding Out

The clock on the wall was going tauntingly slow for all in the room, especially Lee Min woo.

Lee was the leader of a powerful gang, and right now the last thing he wanted to do was to take his anger out on a dear friend. But Kim Dong Wan had a problem that he apparently couldn’t handle.

“It’s five past midnight, sir.” Luhan announced after gazing at the watch on his wrist. Everyone tensed at his remarked, and Lee Min Woo sighed disappointed.

“Set it up, Kris. He’ll come around in an hour perhaps,” the old man instructed the oldest of the five, while he himself sat down at his office chair and buried his head in his hands.

“You don’t think he will try to leave town?” Chanyeol asked, the man often mistaken as the youngest because of his naivety.

“No, Chan. He has a daughter here, and he knows I am able to find him,” Lee explained, watching the brown haired boy roll the plastic mat out and place a wooden chair on it.

The door was slammed open and in came Lee’s personal security guard. “Sir, Dong Wan is here to see you.” He said sternly, standing with his hand crossed behind his back and his gaze straight forward.

“Thank you, Thunder, send him in.” Lee sighed, looking at Chanyeol with a smile that said: ‘I told you so,’.

“Lee, old friend!” the blonde man greeted the mobster. “Long time no see,”

Lee chose to entertain his friend and agreed to the hug Dong wan was giving him. “Long time overdue, I must confess.” He replied bitterly, guiding his friend down in the chair Kris had placed before him.

“The money; yes! I can explain.” Dong wan insisted, ready to stand from the chair, but the sternly look on his friend’s face told him to do otherwise.

“I don’t care for explanations, Dong-wan, you know this.” Lee said dully, waving his hand in Luhan’s direction as a sign for him to begin.

And he didn’t hold back. The first hit came as a surprise to Dong wan, he hadn’t thought of Lee ever wanting to hurt him, but when Luhan delivered the fifth punch to his cheek, he realized his mistake.

“Stop please.” Luhan retreated to his spot beside Kai and stood solemnly, looking at the damage he had done. “Now Dong wan, hand me my money and Luhan will be given the night off. He could use some free time, all too many work hours here.”  Lee joked earning small smiles from his workers, who didn’t dare to either agree or disagree.

“That’s the prob..” but Dong wan didn’t get any further, before Luhan was commanded to pounce again, this time with Dong wan’ stomach as his target. And if it wasn’t already visible on Luhan’s muscular appearance, Thomas could vouch for the strength behind each hit, only getting bigger for each time.

He was now a crumbled mess on the floor, wincing and writhing in pain, causing Lee to take pity on him and stop Luhan once again.

“Where did you say my 15.0000 Dollars were?” Lee asked patiently, only to be met by Dong wan’s begging eyes.

“I was jumped on the way, I had them but they were taken from me!” Dong wan claimed, making Lee raise a brow.

“That sounds oddly convenient for you, my friend.”

“No, I swear I had them! She doesn’t know it, but I took money out of my daughter’s university fond.” He promised, and suddenly Lee believed him. If there was one thing you could say about Kim Dong Wan, it was that he loved his daughter; and here he was, confessing that he pulled money out of his little girl’s education. “She’ll hate me for sure, but rather have he hating me than missing me, right?”

“But Wan, you still don’t have the money, so what do you expect me to do?” Lee asked genuinely curious as to how his friend what deal with this problem.

“I have an offer,” Dong Wan said, spitting out a lump of blood before cleaning his mouth with the back of his hand. “I have heard that one of your men is ready to settle down, even ready for the inking ceremony. But do you have the right girl yet?”

A frown was shared by the group of young men standing in the room, none of them had heard of an up and coming inking ceremony, and the five of them were well connected.

“What are you offering?” Lee asked intrigued. His friend was right, they did indeed need a girl for the man in Lee’s thoughts, but why shouldn’t they just pick someone from the streets nor have a girl ship from another quarter?

“I offer you my only girl in return for my freedom.”

“What? You are willing to give up little Hara to me?” he asked surprised, this being the last thing he would ever think happen.

“She’s a smart kid, well educated, polite and quite easy on the eyes, if I say so myself. And she has dealt with some of my problems before,she’s tough, she wouldn’t run away when things got a little rough on the edges. She’ll be perfect for your man,”

Lee thought for a moment, his eyes straying to Luhan and back to Dong Wan. Could he really curse an old time friend’s daughter with the sinner without a heart?

“Leave us, we have business to attend.” And with that the five boys left the men alone.